Autopsy Cats lose to Blues by 8 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beaten by the Blues and ourselves.

Not fit enough and too many looking at other to do the hard work.

Apologies to Jezza Cameron.
Kicked 6 and was a fighter to the end.

The injuries dont help us for sure, but you gotta win with whom you got.
Injuries dont keep Guthrie, PFD, Hawkins, Close, MOC in the dumpster.

SAv still going ok - but needs help too and not all the Curnow goals were on him.

Cats are 0-2 first time since 2015.

Lots of work to do and some bodies will need the 10 day break - might get a player or 2 back as well..... but its gotta get better than this.

GO Catters

A bit shithouse again at stoppages and spread, as well as poor movement forward.

Take last year out and that played out much like recent cats v blues games.

Room for improvement. I'll be honest a good side would have beaten Carlton well tonight, they were very fumbly, but won with effort and some good forward play

Rhys Stanley

Fr5hNApaYAEtV4p

From the sound of things Cameron partied the hardest post-premiership, so if he's able to play like that the hangover excuse won't wash for the rest of them - blokes a phenom.

Last quarter was a lot better football, if we start playing like that again more often we'll start to string the wins together in no time.

If we are persevering with Esava in the backline that’s the last game I watch this year.
1.5 minutes left and we need 2 goals to win. Takes a mark and chips it backwards. Has no idea.

sure on that point but with Stewy, Kolo and Jack all out and SDK on one leg, who prey tell over 195 do we play down back?

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sure on that point but with Stewy, Kolo and Jack all out and SDK on one leg, who prey tell over 195 do we play down back?

GO Catters

No idea.

But surely, when you're a defender and have less than 2 minutes on the clock you push the ball forward, not back??

A basic premise I would've thought.

Can't wait to hear what Scott has to say - yer listen I'm not going to overreact - its a long season and we have some guys out - we know our best is good enough - Carlton deserved the win tonight - we will get back and analyse what went wrong.

#seasonover

Seriously, though, we really do look so easy to play against at the moment. Nowhere near hard enough for long enough throughout most of the game. And then brought a decent effort across the ground when the game was just about gone. If we can't get some momentum through the mids group, we are looking vulnerable against absolutely any opposition.

So many players just shadows of their 2022 selves right now. And while I'm a big fan of seeing the new faces in the team, the lack of cohesion is definitely costing us as well.

Really hope Jez is OK. Without him, we're not even vaguely close to winning that game. And the game up here against the Suns is now the quintessential hiding to nothing for us. Win it, and it's nothing more than everyone would expect. Lose it (which could easily happen, given how busted we look right now, and how the prospect of another Queensland 'holiday' might appeal to the boys), and I figure you can wave goodbye to any realistic top four hopes.

To be saying that after Round 3 would be sobering indeed.

#wereahardwatchrightnow
#timetolift

Our list management has something to answer for. Essentially no depth with key defenders is a massive fail.

Ratugolea again, was directly responsible for a swag of Blues goals and out of 44 starting players was rated the second worse player on the ground.

Other than Jezza's huge contribution, the game was hard to watch.

We had enough ball in the last qtr to win it our last kick inside 50 wasnt good enough no composure. Even the last play of the game the kick never should have gone to cameron vz young it should have gone to the free player running through (bews i think).

On the upside i thought all of the new players (despite bowes awful miss) really took steps forward tonight. I can see the growth in this team and how much better it will be in 10 weeks but we need to get some wins soon so top 4 isnt out of reach.

We really miss stewart and the key defenders and also duncans composure..we are not as solid behind the ball without that.

What a game from Jeremy Cameron! The last quarter was much better and gave us some hope for a while. We have lots of young players who still need to do their apprenticeships and have a way to go, but they're showing promise and lots of older players who are below their best form. I'm confident that with the recovery and return of a number of our best players we'll still be up there. There were lots of mistakes tonight but still plenty of talent and plenty to look forward to this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back