Autopsy Cats lose to GWS by 7 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time since 2006 that we've been 5-6. and looking very likely that we'll have 10 H & A defeats for the first time since that season.

I hate Geelong losing, but i probably have to say we've had a great run. It does rankle watching sides jump around like they win the flag beating us, but perhaps it's just the aura we've had...even if the side on the park today isn't a shadow of the great Geelong sides of yore (or even last season).

Get games into some promising types, maybe sneak a few wins later on and crawl into the 8..and maybe give a side or two the heebie jeebies in the finals. Best we can hope for this season now. But the next four opponents look tough, 2-2 seems a big ask, and anything less means it's mothballs for 2023.
What I love is that for many years everyone was predicting our decline, THEN when it looks almost a given we are in that decline, we go and destroy the competition with the oldest team ever to field the GF, have that elusive flag to show for it. The one I thought we would definitely grab some time in between 2011 and 2020.
Jeremy Cameron was the expensive missing piece the same way that Ottens was for 2007-2011.

Ladies and Gentlemen this is whats called the changing of the guard, what you are seeing here is what the team will look like in the coming years once Danger, Hawk, Duncan, Stanley, Tuohy and Smith are gone, we wont be challenging again anytime soon, sadly thats the reality of the situation.
you would expect the players replacing them to improve somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back