Autopsy Cats lose to Hawks by 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares- he’s never been a favoured son of the umpires.
Just has to kick a few goals.
that was a disgrace that the MRO reviewed that one and commented.

he was on the move towards the contest looking at the ball not bracing for contact and someone shoves him in the side.

not sure about most people here, but that is not easy to keep your feet in a scenario like that

he was on the move towards the contest looking at the ball not bracing for contact and someone shoves him in the side.

not sure about most people here, but that is not easy to keep your feet in a scenario like that
Certainly put a bit of mayo on it. Is that staging? The nudge was there, unlike Daniher’s howler last year.
Might help balance the ledger a tiny bit. He can rest easy, considering all the legitimate frees he doesn't get.

Certainly put a bit of mayo on it. Is that staging? The nudge was there, unlike Daniher’s howler last year.
Might help balance the ledger a tiny bit. He can rest easy, considering all the legitimate frees he doesn't get.
he did put a bit of mayo on it but i see frees like that all the time that are just a bit of a shock on replay then move on. Exaggeration needing a MRO review of it

Not sure whether laugh or not at this news - never like to see players injured, but it's believed the injury occurred when he kicked the winning goal & punted the ball into the second tier

Not sure whether laugh or not at this news - never like to see players injured, but it's believed the injury occurred when he kicked the winning goal & punted the ball into the second tier

Sure, go for it. Opposition player suffers minor injury from pointless showboating. It's worth a chuckle.

He's just trying to blame anyone but the coach. Our fitness is fine. We ran all over collingwood in the 4th to win that game.

Footy Classified showed one section of play where the hawks slipped through 7 straight geelong tackles. 7 straight. And they were tackles that didn't have a high degree of difficulty either. Very poor. And those slipped tackles continued all game.
It's not our fitness at this stage of the season, its our explosiveness. We've been hopeless at tackling every season bar 2020 for close to a decade. It's why we get demolished in finals (not 2020), we just aren't an intense side. It ties into the explosiveness factor that a lot of our players don't possess and it snowballs as the year progresses.

I came into this season not holding high hopes as i believe we'd need no less than 3 young players in good form injected into the midfield to be any chance at a flag this year. We have no AA standard mids currently. 2020 both Guthrie and Menegola had stellar seasons and were paramount to us getting to the GF. Guthrie is a shadow of his former self and Menegola isn't playing. Danger is currently B grade (injuries or not) and Selwood does his best, but time is catching up. The improvement logically comes from youth.

Contrary to all that, I actually thought we controlled most of the game around the ground against the Hawks and really should have won. Hawks to their credit were incredibly efficient and kept hurting us on the rebound, when yep you guessed it, we couldn't land a tackle to save ourselves.

It makes for a frustrating season as I still think we'll finish 4-6, but won't be any shot at knocking off the real contenders.

The goal where he arrogantly showed Blitz the ball, waited for him to run in then booted it?

Reminded me of the Nathan Brown goal years.

Hilarious to be honest if that’s what caused it.

He exaggerated the contact a little, or could have been genuinely unbalanced but given how rarely he gets free kicks, I don’t have any issues with him getting a few cheapies now and then. And if you look at the stats for who gets free kicks, Hawkins is a long way down the ledger. People who carry on about Hawkins need to do more homework. Most forwards get better reward from the umps than he does. I thought the free was there this week,last week it wasn’t. That’s how it goes.

The goal where he arrogantly showed Blitz the ball, waited for him to run in then booted it?

Reminded me of the Nathan Brown goal years.

Hilarious to be honest if that’s what caused it.
It’s interesting how Lewis turned and waited - I thought he can’t possibly be taunting Blicavs can he? I thought maybe he was checking all was in order. If it was the former- what a dhead. This will be the Mitchell way- return to ‘unsociable’ footy.

It’s interesting how Lewis turned and waited - I thought he can’t possibly be taunting Blicavs can he? I thought maybe he was checking all was in order. If it was the former- what a dhead. This will be the Mitchell way- return to ‘unsociable’ footy.

Think it was more running as many seconds as possible off the remaining time.

He did what he did to take as much time off the clock as possible to help ensure the win.
Players know to do that these days.
I'm don't think there was many sinister motives behind it.
Funny he did his hammy though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think it was more running as many seconds as possible off the remaining time.

FWIW, Jordan Lewis thought it was showboating:

“But inside the four walls if that was when I was playing, that would be reviewed and stamped out,” the four-time premiership Hawk said.

“If the players hadn’t got to that player, Clarko would have.”

Shows how good Enright was as comparisons to Stewart are fair but Enright did it for a decade.

To be honest I don't think they are. Stewart had some early blips, but once settled developed pretty quickly into a good half back flanker. But for one thing he's not as good as Enright, two, he's not the same kind of player. Enright could lock down on an opponent so that you wouldn't see them. Stewart doesn't do that and never has. To me they're very different players.

Immediately after Monday's game we got the usual "watch Hawkins get rubbed out for diving".

The actual result? Nothing.
Like every time. He got suspended once with a disgraceful decision which should not have even been a fine.
But that's it.
He had a rough trot with umpires IMO from 2015-17 getting held more than he should.
Since then he's a great time.
Like the Buddy arc, and the Dusty don't argue, there is the Tommy shove.
The great players seem to get a special thing.
Can hardly complain.

Like every time. He got suspended once with a disgraceful decision which should not have even been a fine.
But that's it.
He had a rough trot with umpires IMO from 2015-17 getting held more than he should.
Can hardly complain.

And got suspended for a moment of genuine insanity against West Coast in that final in 2019. But you're right, otherwise that's it.

Maybe but he's not the persecuted species this board seems to think he is either.
And he does play from behind a hell of alot - and does the Stephen Kernaghan subtle little push with both hands

The only thing i will say in defence of Hawkins - when he takes the ruck - deep in the forward line - and he is super dangerous - just with brute strength - gets rid of those tall thin ruckman with ridiculous ease - they have got no hope - that is perfectly legal - and very rarely gets free kicked/penalised fot it - thus all good

However 3-4 years back before they had the nominated ruckman - Hawkins would do exactly the same thing - and he got penalised stacks of times - it was like the umpire saying - oh look Tom your a FF and hes a ruckman - no im not allowing that - which was just total illogical nonsense

But that's it.
Can hardly complain.
He had a rough trot in that zone you mentioned and he doesn’t get as many free kicks as a number of other forwards, but, agree, he’s certainly not persecuted. But lots of supporters say silly things in the heat of things.

And he does play from behind a hell of alot - and does the Stephen Kernaghan subtle little push with both hands

The only thing i will say in defence of Hawkins - when he takes the ruck - deep in the forward line - and he is super dangerous - just with brute strength - gets rid of those tall thin ruckman with ridiculous ease - they have got no hope - that is perfectly legal - and very rarely gets free kicked/penalised fot it - thus all good

However 3-4 years back before they had the nominated ruckman - Hawkins would do exactly the same thing - and he got penalised stacks of times - it was like the umpire saying - oh look Tom your a FF and hes a ruckman - no im not allowing that - which was just total illogical nonsense

He doesn't just rag doll tall thin ruckman, I seen him man handle rucks like Nankervis and Grundy and literally push them aside when they have both feet firmly planted.
I don't think I have ever seen a stronger footballer than Hawkins. Lockett rag dolled everyone in his era but you put him beside Hawkins and he'd get embarrassed in a wrestle of strength.

Only bloke who would be in the same class is Steven May.

He doesn't just rag doll tall thin ruckman, I seen him man handle rucks like Nankervis and Grundy and literally push them aside when they have both feet firmly planted.
I don't think I have ever seen a stronger footballer than Hawkins. Lockett rag dolled everyone in his era but you put him beside Hawkins and he'd get embarrassed in a wrestle of strength.

Only bloke who would be in the same class is Steven May.
Scarlett?? I know he was skinny but he was so crazy strong.
Tommy is huge. When you see him in person it's actually surprising just how big he is.
Not just tall. Not just muscley. But just big.
One of those big people you encounter every now and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back