Autopsy Cats lose to Lions by 11 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s hard work! How about Brisbane deserved to win. Just say it and move on…… seems impossible for some. I hope we can be better supporters in time and give credit when it’s due… mind boggling…
You do realise that the post you were quoting was simply in response to an analysis on which Geelong players turned over the ball most often.

So your rant was completely irrelevant in this context.

I dont reckon wed lose much getting 5 games into Conway over Stanley playing on essentially one leg but the Match Committee won't do it.

One of the more average games I've seen Rhys play needs a rocket by going back to the magoos and not thinking hes being gifted his spot every week IMHO

Guthrie still 4 - 5 weeks away, according to the last injury update I read.

Would be a bold move to play him in finals.

Scott's going to earn his pay cheque solving the midfield dilemma.
Id roll the dice if hes even at 80% capacity, could be the difference between winning a final and losing having him out there we miss him massively.

100% - the lack of intensity and endeavour for 3/4 of the game was an absolute disgrace 😡
Weve got a real arrogance about the way we play footy, like we expect a 15 minute burst to be enough, ******* put the game away from the first bounce and work your arse off until the final siren blows, that's all we ask as fans.

Mitch Hardie isn't good enough to dominate VFL mids and people somehow think hes the answer to our problems?

I'd rather bring Knevitt or Menegola in
I reckon Menegola will be a near certainty this week.

Weve got a real arrogance about the way we play footy, like we expect a 15 minute burst to be enough, ******* put the game away from the first bounce and work your arse off until the final siren blows, that's all we ask as fans.
It really is inconsistent and hot/cold.

Don't think it's just going to "click" like we have been hoping for... Maybe for a half, a full game or even two, but not an entire finals series v the best teams.

Unleash the beast. Chris Scott has been desperate to play him as far back as last season. Was very close in 2022 before they put him on ice for pre season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
In Conway out Jezza injured medium term Stanley and Blitz to spend time deap forward when not taking the ruck duties.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardie hasn't shown he's AFL material. Conway is the only logical debutant.

It doesn't help us that we keep referring to "our best"; arguably it generates unconscious complacency, as if suddenly a switch is going to be thrown. The competition has long moved on from the period of 'our best'.

In terms of debutantes, I don't think 1.5 VFL games is enough preparation to give Toby the best chance to suceed. Maybe in a couple of weeks. For this week, we need an inside mid / contested ball winner as we were beaten badly against Brisbane and for most of the year. The best option is Brandon Parfitt. Obviously he has been far from his best this year but I would see Parf as the best option to help our main issue. Assuming Tanner Bruhn and Cameron are fit, my changes would be Reg, Oisin and Ollie Henry out (one of Reg and Ollie as sub) with Rohan and Parf into the starting 22.

Duncan definitely seems to be turning over the odd gimme kick that in the past he would just hit or even make the wrong decision a bit more.

Still a solid player but it's noticeable when he does it because he has always been so reliable with ball in hand for so long, I just expect when he has it that he will make the correct call and execute the pass (like when Stewart has it).

I'm starting not to auto-expect him to do it as much these days for sure.
This. i'm not as confident when he has the ball as I used to be.

Why not try it with Sav down back.
I do wonder whether this has contributed, at least a little, to them trying Stewart in the middle. Stewart only started going into the middle against North, the week after they unsuccessfully tried playing all 4 of the tall backs.

Scott rates Esava, and would ideally like to pick him. But they've probably accepted they can't play them all down there. If Stewart were successful playing in the guts, it may be seen as a way of improving our midfield, an area of relative weakness, while also allowing them to pick Esava down back.

Personally think Stewart is too valuable as a defender, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's been considered.

A Conway debut would be ballsy. I know a lot here rate him, but realistically he's played 2 VFL games and hasn't completely dominated either.

But the main concern would the fact he was still on managed minutes last week. It seems a big jump from first game of VFL on managed minutes to an AFL debut in the space of a fortnight. But if they're confident he can get through a full game at the speed required for AFL, then would be good to have a look at him.

Mitch Hardie isn't good enough to dominate VFL mids and people somehow think hes the answer to our problems?

I'd rather bring Knevitt or Menegola in
Parfitt thanks- brilliant first half, 16 possessions and 5 clearances first quarter.

Vdubs as have I said, your loyalty to Parfitt is admirable, but he is a proven dud, no matter how many possessions he got in the first stanza in the VFL. We should be looking to the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back