Autopsy Cats lose to Lions by 11 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Do you really believe Scott has no say over the midfield matchups?

2. What moves are open to Scott that he’s currently not making? Bontempelli and Cripps languishing in the Cats VFL are they?
I would also say - there's another way to look at Blight's comment. It's being taken as Blight saying - wow, CS doesn't coach his own midfield, I would never have done that.

But it may also mean that Blight is saying "I don't think CS is telling the truth - a senior coach will always coach every part of the ground, including the midfield."

We all know that there are two things that CS always does no matter what. 1) he always takes the blame for bad games or decisions (and never throws his players under the bus) 2) hardly ever takes credit for the good games and decisions (always points out an assistant or club or player has doing the majority of the work.

Actually 3 things. 3) He never really gives anything away. Always spins things around to not be much of an answer and does it with a combination of superiority and self-effaciousness.

But one thing for sure - the players love him and play for him, which means he's involved with them and their development. Which doesnt at all sound like an out of touch coach.

I think Stewart appearing in the in the inside mid rotations shows that they're willing to throw the kitchen sink.

But we almost have to chalk it up to an off day. Play the same game over with the same players you're not likely to see the same numbers
THey said that Stewart attended 7 centre bounces against North, when we didnt need to throw the kitchen sink. Maybe it was simply to try and get a positive match-up - as Stewart went straight back after that bounce.

A Conway debut would be ballsy. I know a lot here rate him, but realistically he's played 2 VFL games and hasn't completely dominated either.

But the main concern would the fact he was still on managed minutes last week. It seems a big jump from first game of VFL on managed minutes to an AFL debut in the space of a fortnight. But if they're confident he can get through a full game at the speed required for AFL, then would be good to have a look at him.
Conway will be totoaly gassed in the 7 min mark of the first 1/4 having come on at the 5 min mark and wont recover.

Im not potting the kid in any way but the expectations that he can run out an AFL game which moves 20% faster and for longer than a VFL game is fanciful.

Of course, now ive said that CS will brin ghim in thursday and he'll kick 4 and have 45 hit outs - but you get my point...

IMO he's the real ruck we've missed since Otto - not the Claytons kind of ruck ( ask your parents if you aint old enough to get that ) but after 2 VFL games hes not AFL game fitness ready for mine.

GO Catters

In Conway out Jezza injured medium term Stanley and Blitz to spend time deap forward when not taking the ruck duties.
Id rather NEale for Jezza and Conway to build match fitness.

GO Catters

Wanna know how many times Geelong have to get on a plane in the H&A season ?

Answers 6 ..
lions 11.
your time here is done.

Hows about you take the 4 points and jog on.

GO Catters

Weve got a real arrogance about the way we play footy, like we expect a 15 minute burst to be enough, ******* put the game away from the first bounce and work your arse off until the final siren blows, that's all we ask as fans.
Actually think it’s the complete opposite. We have a team of guys who aren’t arrogant, who feel like they have to work each week to make the grade. Scotty said a month or so ago that our players need to realise that they’re elite and play like it.

Answers 6 ..
lions 11.
While we're talking numbers....how about 10>3?

You can continue middling in mediocrity with Uncle Fages at the helm and blowing finals...while we win the games that actually matter.

Sound good?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane v Geelong​

7 Tom Stewart (GEEL)
7 Callum Ah Chee (BL)
6 Josh Dunkley (BL)
4 Hugh McCluggage (BL)
3 Lachie Neale (BL)
2 Harris Andrews (BL)
1 Conor McKenna (BL)

your time here is done.

Hows about you take the 4 points and jog on.

GO Catters
It's honestly hilarious that Bears and Pies supporters have come in here this year feeling vindicated after their wins.

I think I speak for all of us when I say this: After a decade of H&A dominance for minimal reward in the finals....I much prefer winning the ones that actually matter, like we've done 4 times this century.

5 finals wins against the Pies in 15 years

2 prelim wins against the Bears in 3 years.

We'll stick to those numbers, and long may they continue!!

Nobody's going to look back in 20 years and say "Jee, remember when we knocked off the Cats in round 18 of 2023!?!?"

There's levels to this stuff.

Answers 6 ..
lions 11.
by the way lets talk numbers...

years since Lions beat Geelong in a Final - we last beat you in a Prelim Final by 71 points as a stepping stone to a flag

Wrong place to get cocky.

Enjoy the 4 points.

GO Catters

It's honestly hilarious that Bears and Pies supporters have come in here this year feeling vindicated after their wins.

I think I speak for all of us when I say this: After a decade of H&A dominance for minimal reward in the finals....I much prefer winning the ones that actually matter, like we've done 4 times this century.

5 finals wins against the Pies in 15 years

2 prelim wins against the Bears in 3 years.

We'll stick to those numbers, and long may they continue!!

Nobody's going to look back in 20 years and say "Jee, remember when we knocked off the Cats in round 18 of 2023!?!?"

There's levels to this stuff.
True. Although I must admit that my lions supporting other half made me sit through the 10 year anniversary reminiscence of the "miracle on grass" earlier this year.. Ugh..

I’m told Jezza has a “bung” shoulder. Shouldn’t be playing and will have surgery post season.

Can hardly lift it above shoulder height and whenever he’s tacked or goes to ground hard, the pain is pretty obvious.

Pushing hard to play on with it but I wouldn’t be expecting any late season heroics.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Been thinking about this.

We've all speculated about the likes of Conway, Hardie or even Clohesy being the debutant, but I wonder if Jezza's shoulder has worsened to the point he can't carry on, and the rumoured debut is actually Neale - as dazbroncos has suggested?

Jezza's shoulder can't have been good given how it's affected his form, and if he's worsened it somehow, then..........?

Been thinking about this.

We've all speculated about the likes of Conway, Hardie or even Clohesy being the debutant, but I wonder if Jezza's shoulder has worsened to the point he can't carry on, and the rumoured debut is actually Neale - as dazbroncos has suggested?

Jezza's shoulder can't have been good given how it's affected his form, and if he's worsened it somehow, then..........?
IF JC is out, surely Sav comes in and JH forward again.

If we want to create some forward line chaos, creating ground balls for the smalls, how about getting Sav crashing packs up forward again

No thanks.

The forward line problems originate from the midfield, and their inability to provide a consistent supply.

We need help in the midfield, and at worst, maybe a replacement for Jezza if his shoulder has worsened.

Either way, Sav isn't the answer. He's too busy packing his bags anyway I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back