Autopsy Cats lose to Pies by 22 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like atkins being out of the centre for the first half. he played ok and then when they put him in for the last qtr and a half I thought he was pretty solid.

last season all his best moments came in the last qtr of games. He mostly struggled in the first halves in the middle last season but as the pace of the game slowed his influence improved significantly.

half back/ half foward for first half and then in the middle in the second half could work really well.

Yeah not that anyone will be that good but I like him as the best fit to replace the role of Selwood as our "4th quarter warrior".

that's gonna be real tough, Curnow and McKay will be licking their lips, especially if De Koning doesn't get up.

could be time to bring Ceglar in and chuck Blicavs down back in that scenario.
Absolutely agree
If SDK doesn't get up well have Henry, SDK, Stewart, Duncan and possibly Kolo again.
Sav has his work cut out for him

You don’t think Stewart and SDK going down isn’t something going very wrong on the night?

Each to their own
The in-game injuries definitely hurt you guys. And your goalkicking was very very good.

The compromised pre-season reasoning might fit with playing a club that missed the 8, but our pre-season was exactly 7 days shorter than yours. So I'd retire that one. Might be worth using if you guys cough it up to the Blues, but their inability to run out games might save you.

The in-game injuries definitely hurt you guys. And your goalkicking was very very good.

The compromised pre-season reasoning might fit with playing a club that missed the 8, but our pre-season was exactly 7 days shorter than yours. So I'd retire that one. Might be worth using if you guys cough it up to the Blues, but their inability to run out games might save you.
Goal kicking accuracy is still a skill though, the same as stoppage work or spread are skills (that Collingwood excelled at). Injuries are much more luck-based.

Geelong were much fitter and healthier 6 months ago. It's been a long time since they couldn't run a game out like that. Stengle and SDK tried their best when they finally came back on, but we were essentially still 3 men down. While we came in 3 pretty important players down (Duncan, Kolo and J.Henry), Hawkins was proppy and we missed run from our other recruit (Bowes). Needless to say our sub Parfitt had an absolute shocker.

Yeah I know, excuses excuses, Pies were missing players too and all that. But Geelong weren't able to cope with the above while also being comprehensively outplayed through the midfield. They could only go at that intensity and hang on for around 3 quarters.

Enjoy the win. It's how the qualifying final could've ran out if you had a fitness edge or made the most of more opportunities. I'm glad a few things went wrong for us regarding round 1 this season rather than in the final, that's for sure.

Such a backhanded remark

Go forth and multiply

Guarantee it wasn't. Would have been much longer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Late - late - late question

I like watching alot of games with the volume right off - like this game - and unless my brain is playing tricks - from memory some Geel and Coll players were wearing black arm bands - because i can remember thinking at the time - wonder what that is about

Anybody know the reason

Late - late - late question

I like watching alot of games with the volume right off - like this game - and unless my brain is playing tricks - from memory some Geel and Coll players were wearing black arm bands - because i can remember thinking at the time - wonder what that is about

Anybody know the reason

Geelong would have been wearing them in memory of John Devine - they had a short tribute to him during the warm up period

Not 100% certain on Collingwood, but post match the Daicos brothers paid tribute to their late grandfather with a scattering of rose petals in centre circle. It was Peter's faster who passed away not long ago and his funeral was last Thursday - I would think that there's a good chance arm bands were in memory of him and showing support for the Daicos family

Let them have their moment. Karma is a bitch.

Sad for Howe though, a great player to watch.
Not many teams have lost their first two games, after winning a flag, before they even unfurl it. Nobody at Collingwood is talking GFs, we have a very astute intelligent YOUNG coach, Fly, and we just enjoying the ride. Why even mention the Pies , anyway, you lost to the Blues last night ??

Not many teams have lost their first two games, after winning a flag, before they even unfurl it. Nobody at Collingwood is talking GFs, we have a very astute intelligent YOUNG coach, Fly, and we just enjoying the ride. Why even mention the Pies , anyway, you lost to the Blues last night ??
2011 and 2022 won't ever go away.

You actually remembered and went back to a post on an opposition board's thread, 4 pages and 6 days ago, to make that comment?

It is true that the more teams that knock off the premier, the less fairytale it is. Two good performances by Collingwood and Carlton at the G, two poor onces from Geelong and thus 0-2. We were 2-3 last year having played a couple of games at home. Wasn't the end of the world. You don't win a premiership by round 2, just ask Melbourne last year. There's a long way to go yet.

And not many opposition supporters venture to another teams board at midnight to drag up an old post, as some random means of talking up their own team...

Not sure the point of this post and suggest you run along

Also your YOUNG coach is about 3 years older than ours. You're lost in time.

Cos it's our board is why

Still hurts, huh?

rohan.png

Lol posting at midnight on an opposition board

When was the last time collingwood unfurled a flag again?

What a dead set loser

I don’t care if we lose every game.
Nothing will take away last year.
Troll all you like, it won’t matter 😂
B5E9C718-CABF-4629-82ED-423A6A37D596.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back