Autopsy Cats lose to Pies by 22 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even rate the Pies that highly, any team that gets us in the first 5 or 6 weeks in the season is getting us at the best time for them.

This year we might be lucky, as we got a red hot Pies but the Blues didn't look crash hot last week, the Suns were pathetic against Sydney, the Hawks and Eagles are both going to be bottom 4.
I was worried we hit Rd 6 2w-3l, but after seeing the fixture (I hadn't really looked at it) we likely get to the rd 6 GF rematch being 4-1 at best or 3-2 at worst.
But I think we will beat Carlton this week.
#weareeveryonesgrandfinal

He was our leading possession winner, kicked a goal and contested a couple of big marking contests really well. thought he was one of our best even if he was well below his best.

plus how is not much game time an indicator of being ordinary?
Because you cannot impact the game as much.
I felt he had little impact. Stats are one thing his dominance is another.

Best time to get cats is first 6 weeks??? Why’s that?

Because we have had a shorter pre season than everyone else and arent at peak fitness yet (or cohesion with all our new players).

Didn’t harm the swans against the suns….

The swans have a younger list demographic so apples and oranges in terms of a short pre season.

I think only option is Blicavs with Esava. Means Ceglar plays to share ruck with Stanley

The issue with that is you then have to play stanley 30/70 (ie 70 % fwd 30 ruck) which might crowd our forward line too much near hawk and jezza. But i agree if sdk is out its our only real option.

Bruhn and Atkins must be in for every bounce, Bruhn was very good at the bounces and needs to be kept in the game. I don’t think we can rely on Danger anymore and Parff is no good, can now see why he’s not a first choice.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I am amazed how the media is claiming this is De Goeys big year, talking about his performance in the QF and against us Friday night as examples he is about to "break out" but then they ignore the fact he was complete trash in the PF. And I wouldn't be surprised if he is inconsistent all season and poor next week or the week after.

Thats is 1000% utter Rubbish - and total sour grapes

Any fair minded supporter would acknowledge that De Goeys last 8-10 weeks last season was sensational

I wanted the win Frid night -because weve got Carlton off a short break - we dont want to drop games and be behind the pack - its funny in a way we won 16 in a row - then lose to Coll - and now we just need to get a win on the board pronto

Those player ratings ( and thanks to the Swans supporter who supplied them ) and i think they were pretty accurate - Parfitts rating was 0 - and seeing we are still in the cricket season - it was a Golden Duck as well - he was beyond shocking .The other low accurate rating listed their was 2 for T Bruhn - and i agree with that - Geel in the midfield need another player who is reasonably quick - doesnt have to be overly talented - but Bruhn has got no turn of foot - no point to point speed whatsover

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats is 1000% utter Rubbish - and total sour grapes

Any fair minded supporter would acknowledge that De Goeys last 8-10 weeks last season was sensational

I wanted the win Frid night -because weve got Carlton off a short break - we dont want to drop games and be behind the pack - its funny in a way we won 16 in a row - then lose to Coll - and now we just need to get a win on the board pronto

Those player ratings ( and thanks to the Swans supporter who supplied them ) and i think they were pretty accurate - Parfitts rating was 0 - and seeing we are still in the cricket season - it was a Golden Duck as well - he was beyond shocking .The other low accurate rating listed their was 2 for T Bruhn - and i agree with that - Geel in the midfield need another player who is reasonably quick - doesnt have to be overly talented - but Bruhn has got no turn of foot - no point to point speed whatsover

Geelong also needs Bruhn in the middle finding the ball. He can do that. Got a nice hard edge too.

Bruhn and Atkins must be in for every bounce, Bruhn was very good at the bounces and needs to be kept in the game. I don’t think we can rely on Danger anymore and Parff is no good, can now see why he’s not a first choice.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I like atkins being out of the centre for the first half. he played ok and then when they put him in for the last qtr and a half I thought he was pretty solid.

last season all his best moments came in the last qtr of games. He mostly struggled in the first halves in the middle last season but as the pace of the game slowed his influence improved significantly.

half back/ half foward for first half and then in the middle in the second half could work really well.

May I post in your forum?

OP was bang on, you had us outcoached for a half but injuries held you back.

Proud of our effort, we only have a middling list but I feel we have got close to you despite that ( as we do with Melbourne too), not exactly a bogey side but we usually get closer than quality suggests..

That Rata pantsed a fine KPF in McStay and bounced back after a rough patch on Cox: we were actively avoiding him by the end. Another Chris Svott special.

You saw why we liked Henry, class finisher and excellent hands, not the quickest and needs a defensive side but he's already worth his spot.

Umps had the Pies momentum in the 4th. Some sus marks called for the Pies.
Umps went with emotion. Some early DOOB were a bit rough, had us whinging, but the one on Danger in the last was laughable and you're probably thinking of the Cox non mark, which was not close to completed when the whistle blew...then he dropped it

Dees the favorites like last year, but we both can challenge them.

May I post in your forum?

OP was bang on, you had us outcoached for a half but injuries held you back.

Proud of our effort, we only have a middling list but I feel we have got close to you despite that ( as we do with Melbourne too), not exactly a bogey side but we usually get closer than quality suggests..

That Rata pantsed a fine KPF in McStay and bounced back after a rough patch on Cox: we were actively avoiding him by the end. Another Chris Svott special.

You saw why we liked Henry, class finisher and excellent hands, not the quickest and needs a defensive side but he's already worth his spot.

Umps went with emotion. Some early DOOB were a bit rough, had us whinging, but the one on Danger in the last was laughable and you're probably thinking of the Cox non mark, which was not close to completed when the whistle blew...then he dropped it

Dees the favorites like last year, but we both can challenge them.

Cheers.

Respectful posting is always welcome.

Totally agree , he was very good in the first half- tough , clean and fast enough to get clear and kick well.
Was he on the ball in the second half - seemed to be more forward or wing?

I could only judge from watching the tv, but I think they moved him out of the mf when he began to tire..

I just hope after a loss, that Dangerfield isn't scared to "rev-up" his players and get a bit dirty at them if they are not pulling their weight. Always to good to be positive, but sometimes giving his team-mates the "rocket" rev-up may be required. Diplomacy and positivity only goes so far in sports, lol... Sometimes it requires that warrior mentality.

As for Bruhn, I think he is an Inside-Midfielder and can be parked for "rests" in the forward pocket. I wouldn't play him anywhere else tbh, he get's found out in heavy running. He does have the capability to be a bit like a Sam Mitchell - enough pace to burst out of a stoppage and put it to either boot and get good clearance that way, or dispose of hand. I have no issues with his spatial awareness or ability to hit a target. He probably has a natural tendency to bomb it long out of the stoppages, but I think with time he can get even better composure. Best player comparison and potential upside is a Sam Mitchell type, or even a Tom Mitchell type in his prime. Bruhn is probably a little bit bigger and stronger than those two as well.

But she is sure beautiful

I’m more angry at the pies players and their fans for their behaviour than the loss itself

Couldn’t give a stuff about a round 1 loss, but the disgusting behaviour has left a sour taste in my mouth.

I think it’s a shock as I haven’t seen that for a long time from both the players and the supporters, I’m not too worried about them in the future they won’t get away with that later in the year when the fitness level is matched
Yep agree I found it a bit disturbing TBH. But being the Pies it was all good, just part of a famous victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back