Resource Cats on TV and radio

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free LOLs.
This is footy, its non-political. Lets move on.

I'm sick of the left wing ****faces dropping political s**t in to everything.

The left (which apparently you aren't) are great at trying to label everyone who believes something different to them as a "racist", a "misogynist", "homophobic" etc just because they question something. Not because they actually are any of those things. I question Maddern's fit for the show but once again the left wing army are out in force and about even if you disagree with the decision based on reasonable grounds. It's offensive and slanderous to people like me.

It doesn't really matter. The Footy Show has been s**t for a long time, and there are plenty of panel shows about footy now. AFL 360, FC, On the Couch offer more serious takes on things.

I don't watch any of the shows, but very rarely have I seen any of the keen football watchers on this thread mention TFS, or anything that comes up on it.

But in any event, if Rita Panahi is for it, I'm agin it.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/op...alSF&utm_source=HaraldSun&utm_medium=Facebook

EGR5SE3.jpg

Next you'll be saying you don't read Andrew Bolt either. Hard to believe.:rolleyes:

It's many, many years ago now, but I was once trapped in a dentist's waiting room with the Hun for an hour or two, and I read a full page article by the Bolter. Then I read it again. And then a third time. And yes, it really did boil down to the proposition that greenies are fascists because the Hitler Youth used to go bush walking. I have never read him again - I mean, how could I ever reasonably expect anything else of his to reach those sublime heights?

It's many, many years ago now, but I was once trapped in a dentist's waiting room with the Hun for an hour or two, and I read a full page article by the Bolter. Then I read it again. And then a third time. And yes, it really did boil down to the proposition that greenies are fascists because the Hitler Youth used to go bush walking. I have never read him again - I mean, how could I ever reasonably expect anything else of his to reach those sublime heights?
A bit off topic. But the only time I read anything of that creeps writing - so aptly described by Justice Bromberg as containing "....errors of fact, distortions of the truth and inflammatory and provocative language" - is when an excerpt appears on a reputable website such as The Conversation.

Even Bolt couldn't possibly believe the stuff he writes these days-its completely demented. Like a Basil Fawlty rant but not funny. He must be following orders.

A bit off topic. But the only time I read anything of that creeps writing - so aptly described by Justice Bromberg as containing "....errors of fact, distortions of the truth and inflammatory and provocative language" - is when an excerpt appears on a reputable website such as The Conversation.

The Loon Pond has excellent daily summaries of all the Murdoch Mad Dogs - The Dog Botherer, Dame Slap, The Bolter, Dame Groan, The Bromancer, Miranda DeVile, AkkerDakker, The Caterer, The Oscillating Fan, Tony Rudd and Kevin Abbott, the Shanahan Family Circus Clowns, Moorice Newman, Boring Blowhard Kelly, Richo the Swiss Bank Man, et al.

http://loonpond.blogspot.com.au/

Last edited:
Is your response suggesting that I don't like Maddern because she is female?

Brayshaw is at least a paid football commentator and is tested on his knowledge every weekend when he commentates. I don't necessarily think that makes him Mr Football but he has some credentials there. Maddern has none. I don't see where Maddern has any serious football background. And before you say that she is no 1 ticket holder, I wouldn't call Daryl Somers a football genius despite him being exceptionally passionate about football and Geelong.

However, the person she replaced though was Garry Lyon who has great credentials and is a football journalist not a news reader. As much as he is a **** wit, he is still a football journalist with good credentials. Her appointment makes the show less about football and that's my concern.

The reality is the Footy Show is losing the plot, it isn't really even about Football any more like with Sam's rants. I actually wish a football show would be about football even if its light hearted. I am Caroline Wilson's no 1 fan and think she is the best journalist bar none. However, your kidding if you think Rebecca Maddern has any real football credentials.

I'd love to replace Barrett with Caro if you wanted to do the PC thing and chuck a female in there as her knowledge is absolutely outstanding AND probably better than Barrett's. She deserves to be there. Where as, Maddern isn't there for her football knowledge, its just another PC decision by Channel 9.

Do I hope it works out? Yes of course as she will make it more about Geelong but your kidding yourself if her credentials can't be questioned. That's the problem here, you question a woman's credentials and your a misogynist. Equality is about questioning people about their talents and skills not their gender. I haven't made any comment about her gender, only her credentials.

As I said, this is no different to weather man David Brown taking over and she should be judged exactly the same. Its a questionable and decisive decision.
Um the footy show is a variety show not a football show. Why does any presenter need deep football knowledge?

Even Bolt couldn't possibly believe the stuff he writes these days-its completely demented. Like a Basil Fawlty rant but not funny. He must be following orders.

He never did believe any of it. Murdoch brought Ackerman over to Melbourne to shut down the Herald, destroy the Kirner Government, and red-neck the Sun, for which he went looking for an under-employed journo; enter Bolt, who had no experience or interest in politics, save for 2 short stints as an ALP Staffer, and another working for the ALP's infamous Public Service propaganda unit. He was simply given carte blanche to write utter right wing drivel, which he did for the money, full stop.

He never did believe any of it. Murdoch brought Ackerman over to Melbourne to shut down the Herald, destroy the Kirner Government, and red-neck the Sun, for which he went looking for an under-employed journo; enter Bolt, who had no experience or interest in politics, save for 2 short stints as an ALP Staffer, and another working for the ALP's infamous Public Service propaganda unit. He was simply given carte blanche to write utter right wing drivel, which he did for the money, full stop.
Rightio-thanks, didn't actually know all that, but surprises me not a whit. Classy bloke.

The Loon Pond has excellent daily summaries of all the Murdoch Mad Dogs - The Dog Botherer, Dame Slap, The Bolter, Dame Groan, The Bromancer, Miranda DeVile, AkkerDakker, The Caterer, The Oscillating Fan, Tony Rudd and Kevin Abbott, the Shanahan Family Circus Clowns, Moorice Newman, Boring Blowhard Kelly, Richo the Swiss Bank Man, et al.

http://loonpond.blogspot.com.au/

And golly, how could I forget Prattling Polonius - Gerard Henderson, last gasp of the DLP, and history re-writer extraordinaire. :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back