Resource Cats on TV and radio

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching those old games, you can really appreciate how good a special comments guy Buckley was. If for no other reason, I wish no success for Collingwood, so he can get back in the booth. Closest thing to NFL's Tony Romo IMHO

Watching those old games, you can really appreciate how good a special comments guy Buckley was. If for no other reason, I wish no success for Collingwood, so he can get back in the booth. Closest thing to NFL's Tony Romo IMHO
Bucks is clearly a really smart football guy and he has the love of his players. Their continued failure is utterly bizarre, even in light of some poor list management.

In case somebody hasn't already come across this youtube channel -
Classic AFL Matches
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-EfS1lrqV8TJdRAVzh_dxA

Just watched one of our matches from 2004, jeez the pieces were there but watching Mooney floundering in the ruck really puts into perspective how important of a pickup Ottens was.

And Kent Kingsley on his day was a star. That was a real blast from the past.

Not sure this is the correct place but thought youse would be interested.

Polly Farmer’s legacy is a source of pride in new documentary Nyoongar Footy Magic

Steve ButlerThe West Australian
Monday, 7 May 2018
Two-minute clips of the 24 players picked in the Nyoongar Team of the Century will be rolled out in a special NITV initiative.
An intimate journey back through the life of Graham “Polly” Farmer will remain a special legacy for the family of arguably the greatest footballer to ever pull on the boots.

The revealing documentary, to be screened on NITV on May 30, is one of four broadcasts — which also feature Barry Cable, Nicky Winmar and brothers Jim and Phil Krakouer — under the banner Nyoongar Footy Magic.

Inspired by the 2005 selecting of the Indigenous Team of the Century, some of the game’s most famous identities chose a Noongar Team of the Century, featuring many of WA’s greatest football champions.

The team was selected by AFL legend Kevin Sheedy and WA football greats Mal Brown, Barry Cable, John Todd, Larry Kickett and Grant Dorrington.

Two-minute clips of all 24 players, ranging from past stars such as Stephen Michael and Derek Kickett to current guns such as Lance Franklin and brothers Stephen and Brad Hill, will also be rolled out in various formats and locations.

The series includes a brief history of the Noongar people.

The Farmer documentary is described by series narrator Ernie Dingo as a story of “extraordinary determination and achievements against all odds”.
The documentary highlights his early days at Sister Kate’s children’s home and how he formed his football brilliance with a hand-me-down shoe on his left foot in the South West town of Greenbushes.

Now 83 and living with dementia, Farmer has watched his documentary recently with old WA football friends such as John Wynne and Kevin McGill.

His daughter Kim told The West Australian yesterday the project would be forever special for his family.

“It is a really beautiful legacy because they’ve brought together his whole life and done it really eloquently,” she said.

“When he’s watched it, he’s really engaged with it and it’s amazing we’ve got this documentary reflecting on all these Noongar players.”

Series producer, Beyond West’s Harry Bardwell, said he was proud of the project, which took two years to put together. He said it was aided by archivists from the AFL, Channel 7, the State Library of WA and other collectors from the players’ hometowns.

“We wanted to cement the reputations of these guys for history and make a record of their achievements,” Mr Bardwell said.

“The contribution in general of the Noongar players to Australian football has been a very significant thing and I hope this reflects a bit of that. But we also wanted to talk about them as a nation of people with their own culture, language and history.”

A two-minute tribute to former West Coast star Phil Narkle will be screened at Optus Stadium during the club’s game against Richmond on May 20.

Winmar is also expected to be at the ground on June 2 when he is featured during the Eagles’ match against his former club St Kilda.

The tributes to all 24 Noongar legends are also expected to be screened at Perth’s Yagan Square from the beginning of next month as well as in Melbourne’s Federation Square during Reconciliation Week, including before Michael Long’s Long March on June 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crameri has been thru a bit... getting married when the Dogs played their GF.. and then gets the phone call about being cut while his wife is in labour.
Really sounds like he still hold fast to the idea of the innocence and the effects it had on his family got him quite emotional.
watched that interview.

Im not gonna go into the supplements side of it... too much water under the bridge..

However, this is Crameri's final shot. He has, is and will give it everything. After being thru what he has - he wont leave any questions unanswered about him.

IMO he stays in and with Menz seemingly not close, its his gig.

GO Catters

watched that interview.

Im not gonna go into the supplements side of it... too much water under the bridge..

However, this is Crameri's final shot. He has, is and will give it everything. After being thru what he has - he wont leave any questions unanswered about him.

GO Catters

Yeah I dont really want to pick that scab ... but his mindset was what i found a surprising .. no matter the technical ruling of guilt he obviously believes he has done zero wrong.. he looked damaged by the experience.
Yes Im sure he will give it his all..

Yeah I dont really want to pick that scab ... but his mindset was what i found a surprising .. no matter the technical ruling of guilt he obviously believes he has done zero wrong.. he looked damaged by the experience.
Yes Im sure he will give it his all..
hes looked rusty so far.... but less rusty week 2 vs wk1 for him.

Id keep playing him to see how much more Ferrous Oxide comes off.

GO Catters

watched that interview.

GO Catters
Actually while watching last weekend, there was a part of the play early on I think, where he made some mistakes. My instinctive reaction was that he was trying very hard to make an impact, not that he was just screwing up. I agree, we can expect him to give his all this year and respect him for it and his post-exit from Essendon life.
As to his Essendon experience, I'm less generous.

As to his Essendon experience, I'm less generous.

Totally with you there.

No matter how aggrieved Stewart (and the rest of them) might feel about their 'treatment', they all injected dubious (at best) substances in a clandestine fashion. In a clear flouting of the guidelines they had been consistently advised of regarding supplements and the like. The notion that they were all blissfully oblivious of their clear contraventions of standard practice for athletes around performance enhancing substances is entirely risible, in my view.

I'm OK with his opportunity to get back and play footy. And I truly wish him all the best in that regard.

But I have no sympathy for the view that they all deserve pity. Or some 'success' to offset the injustice that was foisted upon them back then.

They went (well) outside the rules. They got caught. And the punishment was entirely appropriate, if not somewhat lenient.

Anyway, whatever his take might be on how he 'got here', I hope he continues to present for selection and bring a solid effort week upon week.

Given Menzel's latest travails, he could be playing quite a few games in the seniors throughout the year. So hopefully he truly can leave the past behind and simply enjoy the incredible opportunity he has right now to play footy with a team that looks some sort of chance again this year.

Totally with you there.

No matter how aggrieved Stewart (and the rest of them) might feel about their 'treatment', they all injected dubious (at best) substances in a clandestine fashion. In a clear flouting of the guidelines they had been consistently advised of regarding supplements and the like. The notion that they were all blissfully oblivious of their clear contraventions of standard practice for athletes around performance enhancing substances is entirely risible, in my view.

I'm OK with his opportunity to get back and play footy. And I truly wish him all the best in that regard.

But I have no sympathy for the view that they all deserve pity. Or some 'success' to offset the injustice that was foisted upon them back then.

They went (well) outside the rules. They got caught. And the punishment was entirely appropriate, if not somewhat lenient.

Anyway, whatever his take might be on how he 'got here', I hope he continues to present for selection and bring a solid effort week upon week.

Given Menzel's latest travails, he could be playing quite a few games in the seniors throughout the year. So hopefully he truly can leave the past behind and simply enjoy the incredible opportunity he has right now to play footy with a team that looks some sort of chance again this year.
yes, and as in many things, the soldiers take the brunt of the damage while those that give the orders get much less
anyway, wish him success now :)

What was the Kelly and Esava interview about? Any talk about contracts?

None whatsoever.

Mostly interested in their respective stories before getting drafted. Esava playing everything else but footy until he was 12-13 and Kelly taking so many years to finally get there.

Kelly shared about his family as well and Esava gave a very non-committal answer as to why he wasn't playing this week. Seems that he's probably just a little sore so should be right for next week.

Kelly didn't give away too much at all with his answers whereas Sav just seems very open and honest. He is clearly loving every minute of getting a chance to play footy at the top level.

Both did well but Rata was clearly the stand-out for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back