nicky

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal palace, socceroos
I find that people who prefer cats tend to like dogs as well or at least not mind them. Whereas people who prefer dogs tend to have an irrational and obsessive hatred of cats, as this thread has proven :)

True. I absolutely love dogs. My mum has a little jack russell and he is an incredible dog. Like he has so much depth :D When my mum is being silly he gives me a look like "can you believe this s**t?"

Also apparently he gets excited before i come and when i get there he jumps all over me. Then climbs on my lap and i give him a massage. Like he is such a delightful dog. I adore him.

I love cats but i understand how some people may not like them. They are sneaky, they don't REALLY give much of a fk about humans. My cat ignores me when i speak to her but she's super needy. She follows me everywhere and always wants to sit on me. It gets annoying after a while. Plus if she doesn't get her own way she is quik to bite and scratch.

However i do not understand people not liking dogs, wtf? Loyal, always happy to see you, beautiful natures. I prefer cats but absolutely love dogs. I wish i could steal my mums dog. However my cat is a dominant female and would lose her s**t with any other animal around. She'd kill them. She is quite bitchy.

Disagree. My cats gave a * they loved me. Esp tiger and sandy.

Sandy lost a leg in a dog attack and EVERY day when i drove up the driveway from work shed hop down 2 flights of stairs to greet me meowing her head off.

And no i didnt have food for her and no it was not her dinner time

nicky

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Damn they were ******* good cats.

Snow was affectionate too but in her own quiet more reserved way.

Yeah i wish my cat was good. I love her but she is a bit of a pain.

She was a rescue cat and her previous owner was too rough with her and fed her the cheapest shittest dry food imaginable.

Yeah i wish my cat was good. I love her but she is a bit of a pain.

She was a rescue cat and her previous owner was too rough with her and fed her the cheapest shittest dry food imaginable.

Tiger and Snow were both strays who "adopted" us lol.

Tiger had no problems at all was very outgoing from the get go, but idk what happened to Snow, she was so "spooked" all the time, it took maybe 2 years for her to be comfortable around us??? Even very rarely sometimes she would still run off, would be like argh whats your bloody problem lol. But that was very rare.. she was ok most of the time.

/one funny story- had her inside once when the parents were away. And watching Syd v North anyway- one of those teams made a massive comeback and won in the last q, so i was jumping around the living screaming at the TV. When the siren went i turned around to the heater (where snow was sitting)- and shes not there.. instead shes right in the middle of under the dining room table with a look on her face ill never forget like a "what the absolute * are you doing you nutcase" kind of look :D

I miss them.

True. I absolutely love dogs. My mum has a little jack russell and he is an incredible dog. Like he has so much depth :D When my mum is being silly he gives me a look like "can you believe this s**t?"

Me too. I house sat/dog sat for my coordinator a few times- once for 10 days. Now, i love dogs, but FMD they are hard work. This one was a springer spaniel and still a puppy really only a year old or so. ******* barking, ******* needy, ******* TAKE ME FOR A WALK like * off. (am kidding of course i did all those things) but yeah i was over it after 10 days.

I did teach him how to shake hands in less than a day tho. Hes so ******* smart, i love him. Lucky.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Cat owners are the biggest campaigners on the planet.
Sorry, I like dogs but they have by FAR the most selfish, incompetent and lazy owners out of any pet in the history of man. Plus they are generally the biggest whingers about any tiny thing any other animal does, despite dogs causing by FAR the most amount of trouble and nuisance in our neighbourhoods.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I have to put up with barking on a daily basis.

Why the **** should I? train your ******* dog not to ******* bark ffs.
Yep incessant barking, shitting randomly on the pavement (few dog owners pick it up of course), small dogs regularly getting out and chasing me down the road when I'm minding my own business trying to go for a run, large scary German Shepperd (albeit only once) getting out and scaring me within an inch of my life when going for a morning walk, getting into my backyard and slaughtering my pet chickens is some of the crap I've had to put up with..

Yep incessant barking, shitting randomly on the pavement (few dog owners pick it up of course), small dogs regularly getting out and chasing me down the road when I'm minding my own business trying to go for a run, large scary German Shepperd (albeit only once) getting out and scaring me within an inch of my life when going for a morning walk, getting into my backyard and slaughtering my pet chickens is some of the crap I've had to put up with..

In general ive never noticed dog s**t as an issue, at all- but of course you live on the other side of the country, so could be different for you.

The barking is the worst. I just turn on loud music or turn up my TV to combat it. * em.

nicky

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
We visited some friends the other day. They have 4 dogs.

Very cute and everything but then they showed us where they slept in the couples bedroom and there was hair and s**t on the walls and floors near their bedding.

I thought. Nup. My clean cat is clean

Cats are groomers and they don't stink (another tick for cats).

Dogs a pack animals so don't care that their prey can smell them because the pack just overwhelms their target. Whereas cats rely on the element of surprise.

We visited some friends the other day. They have 4 dogs.

Very cute and everything but then they showed us where they slept in the couples bedroom and there was hair and s**t on the walls and floors near their bedding.

I thought. Nup. My clean cat is clean

I recall visiting my then bf's sister house for dinner.

Tbf their dogs werent allowed in the kitchen... but when you walked into the living room it was like a punch in the face.

Srs- you have nfi how much it took to NOT gag and be rude. Some people just have no clue...

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
What i described above- were big dogs. Three of them. Stunk to high hell was awful
Three???

My flatemate used to lets big Chops in way too much for my liking, you don't really notice the smell when you live with it but visiting him a couple of year later as a guest whilst not awful there was still a recognisable 'dog' smell.

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
I have to say though even with cats if you don't keep on top of the kitty litter it can get smelly.

My mate and his Mrs had 3 cats. They used an indoor pool as a kitty litter tray.

Every time i went over there was like 47 shits staring at me.

STUNK!!

As soon as my cat drops a load its gone coz I figure I wouldn't want to sit in my own s**t in the toilet why should she.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Sorry, I like dogs but they have by FAR the most selfish, incompetent and lazy owners out of any pet in the history of man. Plus they are generally the biggest whingers about any tiny thing any other animal does, despite dogs causing by FAR the most amount of trouble and nuisance in our neighbourhoods.

How much native wildlife do dogs kill? Cat owners happily let their animal roam outside to do whatever it pleases. Fornicating with other irresponsible cat owners animals creating unwanted pregnancies and a drain on the system. Not to mention cat piss and cat sh*t being the foulest smelling substances known to man.

Back