Review Cats send Dogs to the pound by 13 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if BT will apologise to Zack T for suggesting he was acting when headbutted.

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app

BT reminds me of a fatter and slightly more moronic Kane Cornes.
It's the oldest trick in the book to say something outrageous to keep relevant.
It's called false controversy as a marketing tool.
We're talking about the Geelong hating slob aren't we? Mission accomplished.
Caroline Wilson has perfected the art.

I call it a turnover. Parfitt ums and ahs when he has the ball and gives the opposition time to set up their defence. He often sidesteps or backtracks and either backs himself into a corner or has to hurriedly kick under pressure which results in a turnover.

I noticed your criticism of Parfitt a little earlier. Its an opinion I don't agree with.

I thought he was very good tonight...does so many things that dont appear on the stat sheet. He was relentless in his pressure on the opposition and all over the ground to boot.

Parfitt, Rohan, Atkins...quality pressure players which are sorely needed when the big boys come to town.

Have them in my side every day of the week on present form.

Anyone still questioning the Cameron trade?
You make the trade 100 times out of 100, it's insanity to think otherwise.

We are so far down the road of win-now, that if a player like Cameron wants to sign on, you pay the price.

Whereas the ever reliable Tom Hawkins is consistent, Jeremy Cameron is mercurial, I can see this guy being up and down, but kicking an absolute bag, that will win us a premiership.

While we have the name value, we lack the star power of the past, Cameron is one of our only genuine match winners on his day.

Just had a quick squizz in the game day thread on the main board, and folks are talking about a possible suspension for Weightman for the slide in tackle on De Koning in the last quarter.

I noticed your criticism of Parfitt a little earlier. Its an opinion I don't agree with.

I thought he was very good tonight...does so many things that dont appear on the stat sheet. He was relentless in his pressure on the opposition and all over the ground to boot.

Parfitt, Rohan, Atkins...quality pressure players which are sorely needed when the big boys come to town.

Have them in my side every day of the week on present form.

Absolutely. If you care to look a little further away from where Parfitt is often trapped with ball on the boundary, it's almost always because there's no clear lead. He's a master at using his skills to (a) use some time to allow for a lead, (b) hope to sidestep and gain mileage around the opposition player.
If he's not under the pack he's running, and that's all you can ask.
Pretty sick of posters that expect every player to be a 100% machine 100% of the time.

Congratulations Quinton Narkle on his AFL career. Seems like a lovely guy, thanks for being part of the club. Looking forward to some vfl games from you. Please retire from afl

Cats came out determined to win the contested ball.
They looked a premiership chance when at their best.
Then they went missing for 2Q
When threatened, they lifted the desperation and won back momentum

So Why did they go missing?... Some possible reasons:-
1: Keeping up that intensity is impossible... Nope. Good teams do it.
2: They backed off and tried playing cautiously... Yep. A bad habit
3: A mental issue of concentration... Nope... They chased, tackled and spoilt marks
4: Mental fragility and panic under pressure, made unforced errors... Yep. Started second guessing kicks
5: Dogs tactically exposed Cats narrow zone defense by going wide... Yep. Doggie always had the free man available
6: Thought the game was won and relaxed... Nope... They ran hard all game
7: Umpires help shift the momentum... Yep. Umps favour the underdog
8: Luck and bounce of the ball... Yep. But you make your own luck
9: Deviated from the game plan... Yep. Started choosing the short and safe options.
10: Didn't work hard enough... Nope. The continued to work hard.
11: Dogs just too quick and skilled... Yep. Must keep working on better skills
12: Cats chased to ball and lost defensive structure... Yep. Especially at ruck contests
13: Cats played Rope a Dope to save energy for Q4... Nope. You don't give away momentum.
14: Fitness issues and needed to recover after a intense Q1... Nope. Cats ran the game out
15: The loss of Stewart the key instigator of quick rebound footy... Yep. He make a big difference.

A very good win, but sill a lot of work required and must keep improving

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blicavs is an absolute weapon. His marking has gone to another level.

We present a different challenge to teams. A weird hybrid team of blue collar battlers in the midfield and some freak finishers up forward and Stewart’s match winning from half back. Canny coaching.

Probably won’t be enough, but I have seen 12-1 shots win horse races many times and I think that is about the price.

Dangerfield’s re-introduction will be interesting.
Don’t forget, highly disciplined, experienced, composed and professional veterans - with one of the best on field leadership teams in the league.

If you care to look a little further away from where Parfitt is often trapped with ball on the boundary, it's almost always because there's no clear lead.

Right. Parfitt will kick to a contest down the line if no decent option presents itself after two or three shimmies and turns. Most players would kick to the same contest right away. That might appear less indecisive but it is it any better?

Right. Parfitt will kick to a contest down the line if no decent option presents itself after two or three shimmies and turns. Most players would kick to the same contest right away. That might appear less indecisive but it is it any better?

Bomb it in you mean? Not so much indecisive as careful and confident in his skills. Very early on in his career he was panicking, and came in for flak for poor disposal. I can tell you he is an absolute favourite with the powers that be at the club, especially for his work rate, and drive- and those calling for his head have absolutely no hope.

Resting senior players is advisable regardless so no I’m not. 🙄

Unless you want to get to September again with Selwood and Danger banged up yet again?
It's good to give players like Stephens a go but he was overwhelmed by the intensity tonight. A couple of times he seemed to run out of puff and struggled with the pace. Geelong doesn't have the luxury of giving him more games at this stage. Menegola, Holmes are on another level and even Knevitt looks better.

Cats came out determined to win the contested ball.
They looked a premiership chance when at their best.
Then they went missing for 2Q
When threatened, they lifted the desperation and won back momentum

So Why did they go missing?... Some possible reasons:-
1: Keeping up that intensity is impossible... Nope. Good teams do it.
No one does it for 4 quarters. Not even Melbourne in the GF against the Dogs did it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back