News Cats set to head to Perth hub & then QLD hub

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to embrace it. I get the sense Collingwood are quite excited by it. Fans, players, coach etc.
We need to be the same, we can beat the pies but if our attitude isn’t right than we won’t.

Personally I’m not a fan of Optus stadium and their rock hard surface, I would prefer an Adelaide hub but the team better embrace it.
The pies have always been a good traveling side

Posted this elsewhere but relevant here also

Our round 6 match:

Thursday 9 July: St Kilda vs Geelong @ Marvel, 7:40pm (televised on 7)

Collingwood playing on the Friday night

That allows us to travel out west after said match to prepare for the WA hub, and we'll be there for 3 weeks

Week 1: WCE/Freo vs Cats/Pies
Week 2: Cats vs Pies (not sure of home team)
Week 3: reverse of week 1 matches

Plus we are rushing in an away game against StKilda off a 4 day break before we go. 🤦‍♂️

Lose against Melbourne and we are in absolute all sorts. We will get 3 home games in the first 10 games of a sort season but apparently we have it easy
But we're unbeatable at Kardinia Park and it's an unfair advantage, that's what opposition supporters have told me. 🤣

From The Age a few minutes ago:

Collingwood and Geelong are expected to be the first clubs to head to a Perth hub for three weeks, playing one another in quarantine and then both WA clubs in front of packed Optus Stadium.

The Victorian clubs are expected to be in WA from July 11-August 2. It is unclear whether they will play round six in WA or Victoria.
We play St.Kilda at Marvel in round 6 on a Thursday night and then head to the hub.

That allows us to travel out west after said match to prepare for the WA hub, and we'll be there for 3 weeks
14 day quarantine means that WA clubs play each other and we play pies in Rd7 (WA v WA, VIC v VIC) to minimise cross contamination across state lines.

Then Rd8 and 9 will be against the two WA teams.

Travis Auld says we will play Collingwood in the middle week than play freo and WCE.

That spells trouble. We get a bye again dammit than play the WA sides off short breaks.

I don’t know why we can’t play Collingwood in isolation but if I heard right, we can’t play for 2 weeks.
And if we could play straight away there’s no need for the Thursday game round 6.

Week 1: WCE/Freo vs Cats/Pies
Week 2: Cats vs Pies (not sure of home team)
Week 3: reverse of week 1 matches

No, this is not right because Cats & pies have to be 2 weeks in isolation before they play the WA sides but can play each other in the first week.
Week 1: Cats Vs Pies. & Freo Vs WC
Week 2: Cats Vs WA team (not sure of home team) Pies Vs WA team (not sure of home team)
Week 3: Cat's and Pies will play the WA team they didn't play in week 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, this is not right because Cats & pies have to be 2 weeks in isolation before they play the WA sides but can play each other in the first week.
Week 1: Cats Vs Pies. & Freo Vs WC
Week 2: Cats Vs WA team (not sure of home team) Pies Vs WA team (not sure of home team)
Week 3: Cat's and Pies will play the WA team they didn't play in week 2

It's 14 days. you leave Saturday after St Kilda, play Pies in the middle weekend (week 1) and then come out of quarantine on Saturday and play Sunday v WA team (week 3).

Bottom line we are in deep trouble. We get home to Geel late Sunday. Back to Marvel off a 3 day recovery then playing Coll on a short break followed by proper away games with crowds against WCE and the Dockers. Looks like we are no chance to get our allotted 8-9 home games at KP.

That is not correct, we play Melbourne at G this Sunday, then next week we have Suns at KP on Saturday Twilight then the following week is the Saints game. So we have a 5 day break between round 5-6 before flying to Perth. Saints also play Saturday Arvo in round 5 so both teams at least have same break between matches

Travis Auld says we will play Collingwood in the middle week than play freo and WCE.

That spells trouble. We get a bye again dammit than play the WA sides off short breaks.

I don’t know why we can’t play Collingwood in isolation but if I heard right, we can’t play for 2 weeks.
And if we could play straight away there’s no need for the Thursday game round 6.

I heard that which is kinda confusing - if we are going for 3 weeks, and playing Collingwood in the middle week, I would have thought that meant we played one of the WA teams the first week

But if we can't play the first week we are there because of quarantine requirements, does that mean we are then playing like 3 games in 2 weeks, because this is the apparent dates:

*Though all the minor details are still being nutted out, it is likely they will be in Perth from about July 11 to August 2, according to multiple sources familiar with the AFL‘s plans.*

From the proposed dates it seems like things are going to be a little rushed

Seems we may be allowed to play another team who is also in quarantine/isolation as long as both teams are coming from the same region - also wonder who the next 2 teams to head west will be

That is not correct, we play Melbourne at G this Sunday, then next week we have Suns at KP on Saturday Twilight then the following week is the Saints game. So we have a 5 day break between round 5-6 before flying to Perth. Saints also play Saturday Arvo in round 5 so both teams at least have same break between matches
Sorry correct My apologies

So Matty Scarlett isn’t getting the suite

I heard Scarlett - interviewed about 2-3 weeks ago on the radio - Brad Hardie and Kim Hagdorn - and they asked him about the Ballentine incident

He jokingly said - Hayden had it coming to him - but he couldnt believe the congratulations he got

He said a West Coast Eagles supporter ( in appreciation of hitting Ballentine ) sent him a brand new watch

For what it is worth - Scarlett said - at the present time - he is very luke warm and totally undecided whether he ever wants to become a senior AFL coach - and if it hadnt of been for Brendan McCartney continually asking/pestering him to become a Western Bulldogs part time coach ( which he eventually agreed to ) then he was totally finished with football

Gee and they say the AFL is bias to Victoria teams.... The WA teams might get 3 lots Vic teams in hubs over there.... ( 2 more hubs over there after us) gee that's going to favor the WA teams hugely...
Bulls!t and unfair I think

Remove this Banner Ad

Back