Competitions Cats versus dogs [thread is NOT about Geelong V Western Bulldogs] with poll added

Cats versus Dogs?

• Prefer cats, despite being vicious killers of native species

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Dogs every day of the week, because they are your best friend

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

doodles98 you used to be one of my fav posters but your love for cats has me questioning my opinion of you.
Real men don't eat quiche and they don't like cats. Real men like dogs. Harden up!
Nah Brah. Cats are actually about the most awesome animals on the planet. They're as smart as dogs but just more random and weird and have more attitude. Physically they are amazing with what they can do and patting a cat on the lap is proven to help reduce stress and blood pressure. There is nothing macho about a dislike of cats!!! Real men love cats!

Nah Brah. Cats are actually about the most awesome animals on the planet. They're as smart as dogs but just more random and weird and have more attitude. Physically they are amazing with what they can do and patting a cat on the lap is proven to help reduce stress and blood pressure. There is nothing macho about a dislike of cats!!! Real men love cats!

I hate you again..... Look at my face

giphy.gif

"Cats suuuuckkkk Doodles*.... they suuuccckkkkkkk"

*giggle

I hate you again..... Look at my face

giphy.gif

"Cats suuuuckkkk Doodles*.... they suuuccckkkkkkk"

*giggle
Reported for cat abuse

You have a very cute dog wicksy I'll give you that. I can't help noticing that it's ginger too and I'm seriously hoping that you had no input into that:D

Reported for cat abuse

You have a very cute dog wicksy I'll give you that. I can't help noticing that it's ginger too and I'm seriously hoping that you had no input into that:D

I can confirm that I was on a business trip that weekend and am therefore just his good friend... nothing less, nothing more. Such relief. Wow.

Excuse my ignorance, but when do we have the time trial?

Looking at the photos on the Pies website, have to say I'm concerned about Broomy's hair do. The lad needs to step up in that regard.

And I prefer dogs to cats. Have had several cats, but the last one was a horror. Been dead since 2000, and I haven't missed him one bit.

Excuse my ignorance, but when do we have the time trial?

Looking at the photos on the Pies website, have to say I'm concerned about Broomy's hair do. The lad needs to step up in that regard.

And I prefer dogs to cats. Have had several cats, but the last one was a horror. Been dead since 2000, and I haven't missed him one bit.
Disappointed to hear you are another cat dis-liker! Cats are very sensitive and it probably picked up on your negative vibe and that's why it was a "horror". You have to woo a cat and put some time into them if you want them to like you.

Disappointed to hear you are another cat dis-liker! Cats are very sensitive and it probably picked up on your negative vibe and that's why it was a "horror". You have to woo a cat and put some time into them if you want them to like you.

Like me? Like humanity you mean. This cat was enormous. It bit and scratched us and all visitors. It killed wildlife and then disgorged the mutilated corpses inside the house. On one occasion it killed a bat and brought it upstairs to our bed.

You getting the picture here Doodles? That cat had no redeeming features. I'm still psychologically damaged. It was the cat from Hades. Next you'll be telling me it was my fault, I was a bad parent.

Good riddance. And I'm glad it had no offspring, so others are spared what I suffered.:D

Like me? Like humanity you mean. This cat was enormous. It bit and scratched us and all visitors. It killed wildlife and then disgorged the mutilated corpses inside the house. On one occasion it killed a bat and brought it upstairs to our bed.

You getting the picture here Doodles? That cat had no redeeming features. I'm still psychologically damaged. It was the cat from Hades. Next you'll be telling me it was my fault, I was a bad parent.

Good riddance. And I'm glad it had no offspring, so others are spared what I suffered.:D
See this is what I'm talking about. A lack of understanding of the ways of cats. Cats are providers. It was bringing you gifts like the bat thinking it was helping out with the food budget and you go and scream and hate on it. Do dogs ever try and help with the family food situation.. nu uh.. all they do is go and eat up the mess after the cats sicked up on the floor... it's all take take take with dogs.

See this is what I'm talking about. A lack of understanding of the ways of cats. Cats are providers. It was bringing you gifts like the bat thinking it was helping out with the food budget and you go and scream and hate on it. Do dogs ever try and help with the family food situation.. nu uh.. all they do is go and eat up the mess after the cats sicked up on the floor... it's all take take take with dogs.

Yeah well maybe I under-appreciated the gift of the mutilated bat, and other probably endangered species which the cat hunted down, despite our best efforts.

I also under-appreciated it weeing everywhere, including once on the kitchen bench!

We bought that cat as a kitten for our daughter's 9th birthday (kittens, cute and cuddly, yeah pull the other one). Little we did know what we had unleashed. The evil menace which took up residence in our peaceful home.

Dogs love their owners. Cats despise them. And some cats set out to deliberately ruin the lives of their owners...

Yeah well maybe I under-appreciated the gift of the mutilated bat, and other probably endangered species which the cat hunted down, despite our best efforts.

I also under-appreciated it weeing everywhere, including once on the kitchen bench!

We bought that cat as a kitten for our daughter's 9th birthday (kittens, cute and cuddly, yeah pull the other one). Little we did know what we had unleashed. The evil menace which took up residence in our peaceful home.

Dogs love their owners. Cats despise them. And some cats set out to deliberately ruin the lives of their owners...

Take it to the cats v dogs thread VP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is more variety in cat personality than dog personality. But a good cat loves it's owners as much as a dog does. My cat is the cutest sweetest thing. It comes running up every day I get home, has to sleep with me every night, likes to follow me around in the garden. You shouldn't let one bad cat make you hate the whole species. Was the bat still alive btw?

doodles98 you used to be one of my fav posters but your love for cats has me questioning my opinion of you.
Real men don't eat quiche and they don't like cats. Real men like dogs. Harden up!

You don't like quiche? It's eggs and bacon in a pie crust. What's not to like about that!

There is more variety in cat personality than dog personality. But a good cat loves it's owners as much as a dog does. My cat is the cutest sweetest thing. It comes running up every day I get home, has to sleep with me every night, likes to follow me around in the garden. You shouldn't let one bad cat make you hate the whole species. Was the bat still alive btw?

Nah, the bat was dead, tortured slowly over a long period.

Did you get it wet or feed it after midnight?

If you want a pet that gives unqualified love and sheer goofiness get dalmation or an afghan, if you want a bit more intelligence get a working dog but be prepared to excercise it.

If you want an intelligent and self sufficient housemate get a cat. They won't worship at your feet but they will share their domain with you quite democratically ;):p

What should I do about the cats that keep shitting along the side of my house? I was considering putting down some traps.

Between you and me I make a pretty mean quiche using asparagus and sun dried tomatoes, but don't tell anyone. I have an image to protect.

Do you make your quiche while patting your pet cat?

Last edited:
Back