Random Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Our old girl still enjoys her tummy rub...especially if she is lying in the sun. She had a white belly...but now it is really discolored, looks like a woolly sheep that has missed its annual appointment with the shearer. :'(

She is starting to really struggle with her back legs. Age, arthritis is taking a toll. When she jumps off something there is a bit of a thud when she lands. She is walking like she is 100 but still eating fine and is happy enough for the moment. She still loves a drink from a running tap...sits at the base of the vanity and expects you to lift her up..let her drink and then put her down lol. The four of us will be heartbroken when her time is up.
Awww poor kitty. That’s cute about the tap though. When Frankie is old I imagine I’ll be doing similar. They reckon cats prefer running water as a hangover from the wild where it indicates freshness.

Our old girl still enjoys her tummy rub...especially if she is lying in the sun. She had a white belly...but now it is really discolored, looks like a woolly sheep that has missed its annual appointment with the shearer. :'(

She is starting to really struggle with her back legs. Age, arthritis is taking a toll. When she jumps off something there is a bit of a thud when she lands. She is walking like she is 100 but still eating fine and is happy enough for the moment. She still loves a drink from a running tap...sits at the base of the vanity and expects you to lift her up..let her drink and then put her down lol. The four of us will be heartbroken when her time is up.
Picture??

I love it when you walk in the room, they are curled in weird ball position asleep, remain motionless but the eye opens like a security Lazer just to check you out

I love laser eye, we get it a lot, I think because someone’s always coming to pick Murphy up! I am often guilty of this. She wished laser eye was real and burned holes in cuddlers /attackers.
I love Marlo’s brown legs and face.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And who is this?
His name is munch. Kids came up with the name, tried to get them to find another name but they couldn’t be persuaded. Munch is 4 1/2 . Got him from the lost dogs home at 8 weeks old.

So sorry. :(
Thank you. I will still check here to see how everyone's cats are and will love seeing your pics. When the time's right, down the track, we will probably welcome a new kitten to our family and look forward to showing you guys and gals.:catface::catface::catface::'(

Thank you. I will still check here to see how everyone's cats are and will love seeing your pics. When the time's right, down the track, we will probably welcome a new kitten to our family and look forward to showing you guys and gals.:catface::catface::catface::'(
Our beloved cat passed 3 years ago. I'd known him for 12 of his 15 years. He was my little buddy. My wife said "never again they just absolutely break your heart".

2 weeks ago a little cat showed up at our back sliding door. He looked quite well, beautiful coat. Starving hungry and mewing at the door, my wife fetched him a tin of salmon.

We put our heads together and figured a neighbour must have gone away, i said I'd get it a tin of food. It ran down the road when the car started up, but i bought a cheap tin of food just in case.

The next night, around the same time the cat was at the back door. My wife and I thought "okay, its probably someone's cat and they let it out when they get back from work." The next morning, cat was at the back door.

Okay, let's look on all the Facebook pages and check for signs at the milk bar. I asked a neighbour if they had any ideas, just one family they knew had a cat. My wife spoke to them, not theirs.

Ok, so the cat is at our house 24-7. Our eldest (who was around when we had a cat, adored it) is freaked out by the cat. He'd become pretty scared of animals after ours passed and a dog (which he's never liked) licked his face. Our middle child was fascinated by the cat and kept talking about it, but was terrified to go near it without being in my arms. He freaked out whenever it set foot inside. Our youngest was giddy with excitement and couldn't keep her hands off it. She tried to feed it, put her hat on its head and would sit with it. The cat was so gentle i couldn't believe what it was tolerating without lashing out or taking off. I bought more food. My wife said she didn't think she was ready for another cat.

We didn't get any answers about an owner, and over a week went by. Our eldest is accustomed to the cat being around. Second eldest started asking about it all the time. The cat would come to the glass sliding door and play with the youngest 2. Second eldest was freaking out about the youngest opening the door, i said to him if we were going to keep the cat he would have to come inside. When i put him to bed he said "the cat needs to come inside". Okay, not yet mate.

Yesterday my wife spoke with our middle child about giving him a name. The cat had been so great with the kids, was great natured and pretty adorable. We're keeping it, aren't we?

So today my wife went up to the vet. No microchip, not desexed. Process is to give it to animal welfare for it to quarantine for 8 days, at the end of which there is no guarantee they adopt the cat to you. We were advised not to follow the process and stake our claim. We figure it was a cast off or a stray seeing as none of this had already been done. And we couldn't find an owner for the last 2 weeks.

My wife made an appointment for vaccination (little feller about to get it done now) and desexing later on.

Thanks for adopting us and welcome to the family Gatto
Screenshot_20210505-133743.png Screenshot_20210505-133717.png

Our beloved cat passed 3 years ago. I'd known him for 12 of his 15 years. He was my little buddy. My wife said "never again they just absolutely break your heart".

2 weeks ago a little cat showed up at our back sliding door. He looked quite well, beautiful coat. Starving hungry and mewing at the door, my wife fetched him a tin of salmon.

We put our heads together and figured a neighbour must have gone away, i said I'd get it a tin of food. It ran down the road when the car started up, but i bought a cheap tin of food just in case.

The next night, around the same time the cat was at the back door. My wife and I thought "okay, its probably someone's cat and they let it out when they get back from work." The next morning, cat was at the back door.

Okay, let's look on all the Facebook pages and check for signs at the milk bar. I asked a neighbour if they had any ideas, just one family they knew had a cat. My wife spoke to them, not theirs.

Ok, so the cat is at our house 24-7. Our eldest (who was around when we had a cat, adored it) is freaked out by the cat. He'd become pretty scared of animals after ours passed and a dog (which he's never liked) licked his face. Our middle child was fascinated by the cat and kept talking about it, but was terrified to go near it without being in my arms. He freaked out whenever it set foot inside. Our youngest was giddy with excitement and couldn't keep her hands off it. She tried to feed it, put her hat on its head and would sit with it. The cat was so gentle i couldn't believe what it was tolerating without lashing out or taking off. I bought more food. My wife said she didn't think she was ready for another cat.

We didn't get any answers about an owner, and over a week went by. Our eldest is accustomed to the cat being around. Second eldest started asking about it all the time. The cat would come to the glass sliding door and play with the youngest 2. Second eldest was freaking out about the youngest opening the door, i said to him if we were going to keep the cat he would have to come inside. When i put him to bed he said "the cat needs to come inside". Okay, not yet mate.

Yesterday my wife spoke with our middle child about giving him a name. The cat had been so great with the kids, was great natured and pretty adorable. We're keeping it, aren't we?

So today my wife went up to the vet. No microchip, not desexed. Process is to give it to animal welfare for it to quarantine for 8 days, at the end of which there is no guarantee they adopt the cat to you. We were advised not to follow the process and stake our claim. We figure it was a cast off or a stray seeing as none of this had already been done. And we couldn't find an owner for the last 2 weeks.

My wife made an appointment for vaccination (little feller about to get it done now) and desexing later on.

Thanks for adopting us and welcome to the family Gatto
View attachment 1119113View attachment 1119111

He's gorgeous! Beautiful coat!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back