Random Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

We have a pond in our backyard and on hot days the local bees swarm in for a drink. Jesse learned the hard way 3 weeks ago and pounced on one and ended up with a sore foot. One might hope a lesson was learned but no...5pm on New Years Day he decided to attack another. Projectile vomiting started straight away and he started to have real difficulties breathing as he was having an anaphylaxis reaction (very rare in cats). Luckily we saw what was happening and I was able to get him to an animal ER that is nearby very quickly. He was rushed straight in as I was given forms to sign saying your pet is fighting for its life and it's going to cost to try and save him, which they were able to do. 3.5 K later we now have an indoor only cat.

My cat if five years disappeared on Saturday and there's been no sign of him. I am absolutely devastated as of course I love the little bugger and it's the second time I've had a cat vanish.

I've walked and walked, called out his name checked out as many houses I can. He has a harness and a leash so I'm worried someone caught him. I've rang the local vets and nothing

Oh and this is my last cat. I can't handle this heart break no more.

My cat if five years disappeared on Saturday and there's been no sign of him. I am absolutely devastated as of course I love the little bugger and it's the second time I've had a cat vanish.

I've walked and walked, called out his name checked out as many houses I can. He has a harness and a leash so I'm worried someone caught him. I've rang the local vets and nothing

Is there a local Facebook group you can put a message on?
“Lost pets of xxxxxx”

There seems to be a bit of success in my town with those sites

It's a tricky one. It is pretty easy to spot a lost dog...walking the streets by itself. But cats are always out by themselves so it's hard to tell it's lost. I hope nobody took him on purpose. Fingers crossed for you.
I hope not too. We live in a very quiet street and he has never gone too far before. Looks like something has happened here and like last time my cat never showed up, I'm expecting the same here. I actually balled my eyes out last night, but hopefully it will get better.

Try 3am walks calling cats name. Also leaving its litter box outside as apparently the smell helps. These are tips from my local fairly good karma network on fb.
I hope you find your little mate.
What's with the helicopters around Brunswick????

Anyway, cats:

I have one rescue cat and a 7 month old kitten we got from a stray who had a litter.

The rescue cat took 2 months to get used to the kitten. It was the hardest cat intro ever. Slow as treacle.
Got there eventually and they have been great mates, but then the time came for the kitten to get spaded....

The older cat is terrified of the ******* cone on the kittens head :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I was kinda surprised, and annoyed, because we have to do some more separation while she has the cone on and it's a pain in the arse.
But it was interesting to learn that it's quite common for cats to not recognise a family member because of a cone. Apparently cats place a lot of their recognition into the silhouette of other cats so it really thinks it's a different cat (vet smell doesn't help either).

But yeah, almost a year into being a cat dad after only ever having dogs and while they are way easier to look after, they are so damn emotionally sensitive!
It's interest to see how much survival instinct is still running through them even though they live like royalty.

Here they are

IMG-5815.JPEG

IMG-8225.jpg

Neither here nor there but I only found out recently you can get these cones called soft cones now. They are.. well.. soft and don't tend to freak the animals out when they invariably knock it on doorways and shins etc.
Yeah I'm actually getting a recovery suit for her tomorrow so she can still move around but also not get to the wound. I think she's also pissed that she can't groom herself like normal as well.

. I think she's also pissed that she can't groom herself like normal as well.
that’s when you need to get your tongue out and step up as a responsible cat owner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get you. It's my daughter's worst fear. She has cried about it and our cat hasn't even gone anywhere.

Such a cool thread.

20230409_203929.jpg

This is Snowy Hydro, so named by the kids because he purs very loudly like some kind of generator. Mostly we call him Snowy or Snowcat, or Snowbow, or SnowyBowy or Bo or Bobo. My wife didn't want a cat because she's a native bird lover. My son did. She rationalised the purchase by saying it would be one less cat roaming because we'd keep him indoors. That didn't last very long. Luckily he can't hunt to save himself. It's as though he doesn't know he's black and white and they can see him coming a mile away, which is amusing when he's creeping and they're chattering to each other about that black and white dumbarse down there in the middle of the green yard.
He is a pretty good mouser though, which has been a godsend through the mouse plague as we have a paddock next door.
I love it when Snowcat's going psycho and wants to play fight but also wants to run away. I turn my hand and let him try to bite the back of it, which of course he can't, which makes him angrier. He'll run away then come back five minutes later being affectionate again. It's like he's bipolar or something.

20230204_082529.jpg

Anyway, I've enjoyed reading about some of your cats 😊

Remove this Banner Ad

Back