Jun 4, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Stars, Chargers
Pick Team Player Position School Notes
1 Houston Texans Jadeveon Clowney DE South Carolina
Best pass rushing talent in 10 years, paired with JJ Watt goves Texans aggressive front line, Texans 3rd last in sacks last season, Clowney/Watt solves that problem

2 St Louis Rams Greg Robinson OT Auburn Bradford has averaged 3 sacks per game since started career, Rams have to get the O line right and Robinson is the strongest O lineman in the draft

3 Jacksonville Jaguars Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo Jags need to improve its D just as much as its offense, Mack is a beast of a line backer

4 Cleveland Browns Sammy Watkins WR Clemson Cleveland would be thrilled if Watkins is there at 4, he is seen as an AJ Green level talent, so pair him with Josh Gordon and the Browns add another piece to a young promising offense

5 Oakland Raiders Johnny Manziel QB Texas A and M Radio City music hold would go ballistic is Johnny football ends up in silver and black, but his freaksish talent and surprisingly strong arm gives the riaders fans and air of optimisim at QB

6 Atlanta Falcons Jake Matthews OT Texas A and M If the two big pass rushers are gone, the falcoons turn to improving their O line, and Matthews is the best pass protector in the draft, not quite as strong as Robinson, Matthews is more NFL ready to play left tackle

7 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Mike Evans WR Texas A and M The 3rd Aggie in a row, the Bucs have 0 at WR after Vincent Jackson, and Evans presents as a VJAX clone, watch his tape vs Alabama defense t show how big his game is against NFL defense

8 Minnesota Vikings Blake Bortles QB Central Florida The Vikings new regime bring in a new quarterback, has great size, accurate strong arm and is moble, some are comparing him to Big Ben

9 Buffalo Bills Eric Ebron TE North Carolina The Bills look to keep adding playmakers to EJ Manuel, Ebron has breakaway speed and could have an Antonio Gates type affect

10 Detroit Lions Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State The Lions go in state to address their glaring need at corner, that division has some big receiving threats and Dennard is the best shut down corner in the draft

11 Tennessee Titans Anthony Barr OLB UCLA Barr was seen as a top 3 pick a lot of the year but slides out of the top 10, Goo news for the Titans, he has elite burst speed and uses athletic frame to get to QB

12 New York Giants Taylor Lewan OT Michigan The Giants have to build that O line back to what it needs to be to ensure Eli is under as much pressure as he was last season, Lewan had a great 4 years at Michigan, 3 as starters and was impressive in blocking Clowney in a bowl game last year

13 St Louis Rams Ha Ha Clinton Dix SS Alabama Best safety in the draft, need to upgrade that scondary, Defense looks lethal

14 Chicago Bears Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State Bears need to upgrade D line, but there is depth in the draft, Gilbert is one of best DB;s in draft which Chicago need to rebuild

15 Pittsburgh Steelers Marquise Lee WR USC Steelers have lost a lot of the WR corpse and need to add talent, this time last year Lee was seen as a generational WR talent, in the era of Randy Moss, he had a disappointing junior year but the talent is there, and with a big armed QB like Big Ben, is a perfect fit in Pittsburgh

16 Dallas Cowboys Kony Ealy DE Missouri The Cowboys let go of their defensive franshice cornerstone in Ware and need to pick up talent in the drfat, Ealy has freakish ability and is one of the best pass rushers in the draft

17 Baltimore Ravens Calvin Pryor SS Louisville The Ravens need to find an Ed Reed replacement and Pryor is seen as one of the best in the draft class

18 New York Jets Bradley Roby CB Ohio State The Jets have been trying fiercly to improve its DB depth so turn to the draft, Roby was seen as a top 10 pick at the start of the year, had a disappointing season, but the raw talent is there, and is probably the best ball hawk in the draft

19 Miami Dolphins CJ Mosely LB Alabama Mosley is a top 5 talent, but inside backers don’t go that high as a rule (Carolina star Luke Kuechly went pick 9 two years ago) Mosley can have a Kuechly type impact on the centre of the dolphins defense

20 Arizona Cardinals Zach Martin OT Notre Dame Cards have made some good additions to the O line in free agency, but the versatile martin can play anyhwere on the line and upgrade the front, which is needed in the NFC West

21 Green Bay Packers Rashede Hageman DT Minnesota Massive Defensive tackle, Packers need to improve their front 7 and Hageman is one of the best in the draft

22 Philadelphia Eagles Brandon Cooks WR Oregan State The Eagles replace Jackson with Cooks who has the same skillset, speed, great hands a deep threat

23 Kansas City Chiefs Odell Beckham JR WR LSU Adds an outside deep threat ot the chiefs offense, KC need more weapons outside of Bowe and charles

24 Cincinatti Bengals Kyle Fuller CB Virginia Tech The Bengals look good everywhere, but could use an upgrade at secondary, some see Fuller as the best cover corner in the draft

25 San Diego Chargers Louis Nix 111 DT (NT) Notre Dame The Chargers have a good (and young) front 7, but could use a run stopping and Line disrupting nose tackle to centre their defensive line

26 Cleveland Browns Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville If the Browns can get Watkins at 4 and Bridgewater at 26 its an A+ draft. A sub par combine and poor pro day have dropped bridgewtaer to the bottom of the 1st, but is still possible 10 year starter

27 New Orleans Saints Ryan Shazier OLB Ohio State Saints will continue building that surging defense
28 Carolina Panthers Davante Adams WR Fresno State the panthers have obliterated their WR depth this off season, forcing an early pick on a WR, Adams was 3rd in NCAA receiving yards, and will suits Newtons big arm

29 New England Patriots Austin Sefarian Jenkins TE Washinton Being tabbed as Rob Gronkowski 2.0, has massive size and is great route runner, not a great blocker but the pats need another receibing threat, difficult to match up on

30 San Fransisco 49ers Jason Verrett CB TCU The only things stopping him from being the best CB in the class is his height, 5'10 may be a fraction short to stop the elite tall receivers but he can line up in the slot and be a solid nickel corner in the league
31 Denver Broncos Xavier Sua Filo OG UCLA Broncos need to bolster the O line which was shaky in the playoffs, Filo is a grade A run blocker ans strong interior lineman

32 Seattle Seahawks Aaron Donald DT Pitt Some see Donald as the best Defensive tackle in the draft, plays with power and violance, only knock is his size, at just under 6'1 lacks elite size for a DT but his stragths will see him succeed in the NFL

You know you're a proven draft guru Catters078. Smart pick assessment by the Lions here.. rarely any of the NFL media outlets have the Lions taking Dennard who I honestly don't see lasting to pick #15. Don't buy into Bridgewater being a first round selection but since you have him slotted to the Browns… I've got an ever lasting grin. :DNot surprised that Aaron Donald is taken late in the first round.. he may have all the technique but is grossly underweight to take on the gorilla's on the O-line. Hageman is more NFL ready.. suits the Packers without a doubt. I'm more of a fan of Jordan Matthews than Marquis Lee. Glad you didn't slot Kelvin Benjamin in the first round.

Do you see any drafting down going on Catters?

Last edited:
You know you're a proven draft guru Catters078. Smart pick assessment by the Lions here.. rarely any of the NFL media outlets have the Lions taking Dennard who I honestly don't see lasting to pick #15. Don't buy into Bridgewater being a first round selection but since you have him slotted to the Browns… I've got an ever lasting grin. :DNot surprised that Aaron Donald is taken late in the first round.. he may have all the technique but is grossly underweight to take on the gorilla's on the O-line. Hageman is more NFL ready.. suits the Packers without a doubt. I'm more of a fan of Jordan Matthews than Marquis Lee. Glad you didn't slot Kelvin Benjamin in the first round.

Do you see any drafting down going on Catters?

Cheers mate.

I see a few trade down deals happening.

I think San Fransisco will trade into the 10-15 range, they have 11 picks so will give up a few especially if dennard and Gilbert are available, they need to get a corner (and a receiver but i think they can get quality in the 2nd/3rd round).

Also, watch for a team in the 28-40 range to trade with the chiefs, KC dont have a 2nd rounder and will want more picks in a deep draft, im tipping a team like Jacksonville, Houston or even tampa to trade back into the 1st round to try and jump cleveland at 26, perfect fit for me, i think the jags who also have 11 picks, to try to trade back into the first round to get a QB trade up to 24 to get one, and KC get some good value picks in the 3rd round. Kc can slide down to 39 and still get a solid WR like Davante adams or Allen Robinson..addresses a big need.

With Roby being recently charged with operating a vehicle under the influence, I don't see Idzik risking a first round pick on him. In my opinion, I think it's more likely that the Jets will take an offensive skill player (possibly Ebron if he slips past Buffalo and the Jets can do a deal with Tennessee to move up to 11 to grab him before the Giants or a wide receiver, like Beckham Jr or Lee).

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/38126/report-cb-bradley-roby-faces-ovi-charge

Todd McShay must read bigfooty, hes mocking Dennard to the Lions after saying for months Gilbert is the pick

Wouldn't surprise that the NFL draft guru's double check with you. How's the count of cotton balls in the mouth holding up Catters? (read: Maylock speaks with a mouthful) will want to cotton onto your version 2 list if available. :p Spit it out… Mike Maylock is waiting.

CottonConfusion_zps4393441d.jpg

Last edited:
Marshall Faulk mocked Xavier Su'a-Filo to the Jets at pick 18 in a round-table mock which is up on nfl.com. I started flipping furniture when I saw him select Su'a-Filo when Beckham Jr was still on the board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reasonably good result..

Got Clowney, Robinson, Matthews and Evans exactly right with team as well

got Watkins at 4 just the different team.

was 1 pick off with Lewan, Ebron, Pryor and 2 picks off with a couple of others

I had a few players not go in the 1st round, Lee, Hageman, Ealy, Nix 111, Adams and Sua Filo but i expect all 5 to go in top 10 in 2nd round.

As i mentioned in a comment earlier, I think i underestimated Odell Beckham and knew he would go earlier

Remove this Banner Ad

Back