2019 winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AvantGardener

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Actually landed a few winners in this race. Melbourne Cup a different story.

Sky Heights
Northerly
Elvstroem
Fawkner (I could not back a loser this day)
Admire Rakti (smaller bet - wasnt first pick then buttered up Melb Cup)
Jameka

Mar 13, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea, Oakland Raiders, Celtics
Always lots of chances in a Caulfield Cup and this is no exception.

I've narrowed it down to ….

1- The Chosen One - His win last week was probably the best trial for this race and only his extremely wide barrier draw has stopped him from being close to favourite. He'll get back anyway and I'll back Baster to get him across and find cover. From there he'll motor home and go very close.

2- Mer De Glace - Also drawn on the outside which could be a bigger problem for him as although he gets back in his 2000m races he's raced closer to the lead over 2200m and that might suggest he will again today which would likely see him caught wide. His form is fantastic and the extra distance should suit him perfectly. Would be my first pick if not for the horror draw and will probably win if he gets across easily enough.

3- Mr Quickie - A lot of hate for this horse in this thread which is understandable if you backed him last start, but as bad as that run was there are excuses. A handicapper second up in a set weights race who was reportedly extremely fired up in the mounting yard and may have run his race before the gates opened. His previous form would almost entitle him to be favourite and back to a handicap today and hopefully with a calmer time pre race he'll be right in the finish.

Tough race though with Vow and Declare and Constantinople also major chances.

I'll be breaking down my multis like this

A Line: MDG 1st, Turk 4th
A- Line: Finche 5th
B Line: V&D 2nd, Mirage 3rd,
C Line: Hartnell 7th, The Chosen One, Wolfe, Mustajeer 6th

Top 5 in the my top 5 and the top 7 in my top 9 - I doubt I will nail a major cup this well ever again - winner, exacta, tri, f4 - about the next three springs paid for already and already an epic return live on MDG if it could back up at Flemington. WHAT....A....DAY

tenor.gif

Slipps

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Top 5 in the my top 5 and the top 7 in my top 9 - I doubt I will nail a major cup this well ever again - winner, exacta, tri, f4 - about the next three springs paid for already and already an epic return live on MDG if it could back up at Flemington. WHAT....A....DAY

tenor.gif
Nice new avatar aswell 😏

Back