Racing Caulfield Cup Day 2021 * All race day discussion in here *

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Weights are out now so deserves its own thread.

Incentivise the raging favourite going to go around as a similar favourite as Maldivian after winning the Turnbull.

Sir Dragonet and Verry Elleegant at the top of the weights not going to go there obviously so Spanish Mission will carry the #1 saddle cloth.

Delphi with 52.5 and Duais 51 the only runners that interest me at odds at the moment outside of the fav

Not much to discuss here - fave will jump the shortest priced I can remember (I am thinking 6/4) and should just win. The $4.50 available on TAB right now is probably still a bet.

What is the shortest fave to actually start the race since say 1990? Both El Segundo and Jameka jumped $4.20

Delphi with 52.5 and Duais 51 the only runners that interest me at odds at the moment outside of the fav

Surely she is in a race against time to get there now off the set back. Is she going to go 1400 > 2000> 2400?

Will she get in as a 4yo mare with 51?

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Surely she is in a race against time to get there now off the set back. Is she going to go 1400 > 2000> 2400?

Will she get in as a 4yo mare with 51?

Hmm yeah not sure what route they will go. Should get in pretty comfortably I'd have thought at 5 under BM

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Any idea if Hungry Heart will be a chance/will even make the field??? 4yo mare with 51.5kg. I have no idea but the first up run in the winx stakes was good enough without any favours at all + waller magic

looks like its running in the george main on saturday.

Any idea if Hungry Heart will be a chance/will even make the field??? 4yo mare with 51.5kg. I have no idea but the first up run in the winx stakes was good enough without any favours at all + waller magic

looks like its running in the george main on saturday.

I thought they were going Epsom? Could always back up and do a might and power I guess!

she’s a better horse/chance than Duais if she goes that way

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I thought they were going Epsom? Could always back up and do a might and power I guess!

she’s a better horse/chance than Duais if she goes that way
last I heard was Waller interviewed by Racing.com on the monday/tuesday after winx stakes. He said HH probably runs next in Makybe Diva. Obviously didn't now looks like George Main. I looked at Toffee Tongue as a guide, went to CC as 4yo.

Also out of Frankel?? Is that appropriate sire credentials for a CC?

last I heard was Waller interviewed by Racing.com on the monday/tuesday after winx stakes. He said HH probably runs next in Makybe Diva. Obviously didn't now looks like George Main. I looked at Toffee Tongue as a guide, went to CC as 4yo.

Also out of Frankel?? Is that appropriate sire credentials for a CC?

She’s a better horse than Toffee Tounge I’d wager. Need to see how she goes open company 2000m first. Running out of time to do that plus AJC oaks winner have an horrendous record

Montefilia could be one to upset the apple cart if she keeps improving. Ran well first up.

Against the B graders. She couldn’t get it done against her own age and sex as a 3yo. Doubt she is going to do it against all comers.

IKnowtheDog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Not much to discuss here - fave will jump the shortest priced I can remember (I am thinking 6/4) and should just win. The $4.50 available on TAB right now is probably still a bet.

What is the shortest fave to actually start the race since say 1990? Both El Segundo and Jameka jumped $4.20
Sky Heights won at 5-2 and Paris Lane won at 3-1

Veandercross was beaten at 5-2

I presume Maldivian was short before his scratching

Mal was around 6/4 iirc before Ch7 got him.

Veandercross was the moral victor (cheers Shane).

Best ground they said... (for the youngsters Veandercross is in fluro pink; winner Mannerism is 4 off the fence with light blue and Red cap just peeling off leaders back - horse that finishes third is in the Royal Blue just outside Mannerism)

If you watch the replay horse actually tries to keep laying in and Shane stops riding to straighten him up to make sure he stays in the A ground out wide :D

1631661481993.png

I think the issue is he was that wide for the last 1400m. At least it proved he could run a strong 3200m ;)

They actually made TShirts of him going via Darwin after that race

I actually think the Melbourne Cup trifecta came out of that fast lane - great trial area

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
She’s a better horse than Toffee Tounge I’d wager. Need to see how she goes open company 2000m first. Running out of time to do that plus AJC oaks winner have an horrendous record
agree she's better than TT over any distance probably.

Can she not just go to the turnbull 2 weeks after George Main?? 1400 >> mile >> 2000 >> 2400

Will take some of the 21’s boosted to 30’s on offer for Colette @ Lads
Ticking along nicely

Is she weighted fairly @ 53.5kg?

If you included the mares allowance that would be 55.5 - so basically the same as Incentivise - which to me is too much for a mare that I reckon has been found out as a bit of a fraud - would need it to pelt down rain on the day for mine.

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
just heard waller's assistant/whoever it is at Kenso say they allegedly haven't decided on H.H. Golden Eagle, Cox Plate, Caulfield Cup all named as options, says they will decide after her run on Saturday. Just trying to throw punters off the scent? Or legitimately haven't decided where they're going??

Will take some of the 21’s boosted to 30’s on offer for Colette @ Lads
Ticking along nicely

Is she weighted fairly @ 53.5kg?
If wet is currently overs

If not wet then currently unders

mozz23

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Thinking of taking the $5 incentivise now. Any chance it won’t go to the CC?

Back