Racing Caulfield Cup Day 2021 * All race day discussion in here *

Remove this Banner Ad

Well what a day seeing the two champs get in.

As we learnt for a second straight week BARRIERS JUST DO NOT MATTER when you have lengths on your opposition and the early price was an absolute gift yet again - so thanks barrier fappers.

The only thing that stops him at Flemington is the trip - the barrier is irrelevant, the weight is irrelevant, the track is irrelevant. If he gets the trip he walks in. Deserves to start odds on as everything else at the top of the market went absolutely rat s**t. Delphi was utterly appalling and surely can't bounce back and YW looked every inch the non-stayer he was in both Derbies with very ordinary horses rolling by him in the straight.

Last edited:

5 wide around the first corner and working and at least 3 wide to the 600...

Who'd have thunk it from the carpark

I was too smart for myself - I knew he was a moral and thought they would actually show some intent and use him up early to get to the lead. What I didn't know was that he was actually a Phar Lap level moral and they legit did not give a s**t where he ended up early as he was going to beat them easily.

The Monte > Dais bet never in doubt though - assume we will be taking the big boi 1 out for first in the Cup f4

Last edited:
I was too smart for myself - I knew he was a moral and thought they would actually show some intent and use him up early to get to the lead. What I didn't know was that he was actually a Phar Lap level moral and they legit did not give a sh*t where he ended up early as he was going to beat them easily.

The Monte > Dais bet never in doubt though - assume we will be taking him 1 out for first in the Cup f4

Luckily we'll both owe each other one so can stand him out and go for the squillions collect

Luckily we'll both owe each other one so can stand him out and go for the squillions collect

Ah yes I forgot about the Zaaki bet - although he would be an utter moral in the WC Mile

Well what a day seeing the two champs get in.

As we learnt for a second straight week BARRIERS JUST DO NOT MATTER when you have lengths on your opposition and the early price was an absolute gift yet again - so thanks barrier fappers.

The only thing that stops him at Flemington is the trip - the barrier is irrelevant, the weight is irrelevant, the track is irrelevant. If he gets the trip he walks in. Deserves to start odds on as everything else at the top of the market went absolutely rat sh*t. Delphi was utterly appalling and surely can't bounce back and YW looked every inch the non-stayer he was in both Derbies with very ordinary horses rolling by him in the straight.
What can honestly out stay him. One of the euro plodders? He looks to be running on over 2 miles. Tie in the form between Nonconformist and Verry Ellegant and it starts to get scary.

If he goes to the Cox Plate he smashes Zaaki/anyone in his wake but could take his edge off for the Cup.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What can honestly out stay him. One of the euro plodders? He looks to be running on over 2 miles. Tie in the form between Nonconformist and Verry Ellegant and it starts to get scary. Lets be honest here, if he goes to the Cox Plate he just wins but could take his edge off for the Cup. Connections seem to be playing this perfectly.

If he stays absolutely nothing can get near him - that's the only doubt.

The performances of NS and Incentivise happening on the same day make this a historic day in racing. Good luck to the 10,000 lucky ones in Syd. Just a shame that the crowds couldn’t witness an absolute superstar arriving in Melb.
I think the CC and Everest same day works. You could argue its the biggest racing day 2 states calendar

In last 30 years i think it's Divas second cup at $3.50 but could be wrong

So You Think $3

All time is Phar Lap at 8/11 - doubt he can beat that record

I think the CC and Everest same day works. You could argue its the biggest racing day 2 states calendar

Carn mate - what about the Cox Plate and the Inviation

Or Derby Day and the Golden Eagle

or Sandown Classic Day and the Gong

I agree. I was a cynic for the first few years re The Everest but today changed me. The lead up was awesome this year. Lots of drama. To see NS hang on was great - it deserves to be considered now in the top echelon of sprinters over the past 20 years (well, the shelf below BC).

And I agree re the races running on the same day. It ironically enhances the occasion of both race meetings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back