Racing Caulfield Cup Day 2021 * All race day discussion in here *

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, feel like he starts around $4-5. Another wide barrier to scare people off would be good too

There is not a chance in hell he starts $4-$5 unless Carpenter penalises him 5 kegs

Geez Racing Vic are bloody lucky this bloke turned up - take him out and without internationals we would have had a CC with the first 5 over the line reading

Nonconformist
Persan
Montefilia
Great House
Chapada

yuk

Geez Racing Vic are bloody lucky this bloke turned up - take him out and without internationals we would have had a CC with the first 5 over the line reading

Nonconformist
Persan
Montefilia
Great House
Chapada

yuk
Terrible field. Noncomformist is an ok horse. Demolition job however he's the real deal. Imagine if he drew a gate

Nonconformist would have been a worthy CC winner without being a good one, on the up, last start WFA second albeit weaker than standard beat the CP fave got back down to minimum. From memory horses like that normally right in favouritsm and if they win its a "normal" CC. Mongolian Khan springs to mind. The horse just ground the field into submission

As i said pre-race any of first 3 faves would have claims to favouritsm in a moderate year, its just at least 2-4L better than moderate this year.

Nonconformist would have been a worthy CC winner without being a good one, on the up, last start WFA second albeit weaker than standard beat the CP fave got back down to minimum. From memory horses like that normally right in favouritsm and if they win its a "normal" CC. Mongolian Khan springs to mind. The horse just ground the field into submission
NC who has been bagged as a fraud has been anything but
Not in Incentivise class but solid campaign

I agree. I was a cynic for the first few years re The Everest but today changed me. The lead up was awesome this year. Lots of drama. To see NS hang on was great - it deserves to be considered now in the top echelon of sprinters over the past 20 years (well, the shelf below BC).

And I agree re the races running on the same day. It ironically enhances the occasion of both race meetings.
Meh. I just thought it was another sprint race.

Thought the hype all day was cringeworthy.

Meh. I just thought it was another sprint race.

Thought the hype all day was cringeworthy.

100% same - Caulfield Cup infinitely more exciting as it has been every year both have been on - I mean we have already seen these horses in basically this same race 4 or 5 times already - FFS it was the exact same trifecta in the TJ in order

NC who has been bagged as a fraud has been anything but
Not in Incentivise class but solid campaign

Not many in Incentivise's class, can probably count them on one hand in last decade.

NC run was torrid, worse than the fave by a long way. Whether that was his one chance at a big one will wait to be seen, has to elevate to bigger weights and/or WFA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Backed Gytrash huh?
No I had something on 1st and 2nd.

But I was saying the same thing pre race.

The whole thing is cringeworthy.

Media keeps banging on like every bloke and his mates are sitting there for months eagerly anticipating who gets the slots. Certainly nobody I know is. We all talk about who is going to the Cups, Cox Plate etc but not the Everest.

Seriously, how many times can they roll out the same bunch of tested horses plus some random 3 year old and act like it’s some historical event?

The only real difference in this race was Classique Legend being in it. Nature Strip didn’t run well last time but did today. Hardly history making stuff.

The Sydney spring stuff is just manufactured rubbish taking horses from iconic events with actual build up and storylines.

Media keeps banging on like every bloke and his mates are sitting there for months eagerly anticipating who gets the slots. Certainly nobody I know is. We all talk about who is going to the Cups, Cox Plate etc but not the Everest.

Seriously, how many times can they roll out the same bunch of tested horses plus some random 3 year old and act like it’s some historical event?

The Sydney spring stuff is just manufactured rubbish taking horses from iconic events with actual build up and storylines.

It's all manufactured and it does nothing for me personally but it's good for racing overall especially to gather new people into the game.

Cannot stand any of sky/rnsw build up and watch the majority on mute but people talk about it and that's good. It's humorous they need to throw 15mil at something for people to be interested but that is the landscape we're in. I took as much notice as I would for a VRC sprint classic or TJ Smith. I also don't find it a true test if not open for all competitors but in general the fields good enough.

The only real difference in this race was Classique Legend being in it. Nature Strip didn’t run well last time but did today. Hardly history making stuff.

For me that added to it. You had the champion who’d never won the Everest potentially vulnerable to Eduardo who’d beaten it last time. You had the returning champ first up who brained them 12 months ago and had trialled well in the lead up . And then the up and comers who could (and one nearly did) spoil the party. Maybe I get too easily seduced by the bullshit, but I thought it was a great race.

For me that added to it. You had the champion who’d never won the Everest potentially vulnerable to Eduardo who’d beaten it last time. You had the returning champ first up who brained them 12 months ago and had trialled well in the lead up . And then the up and comers who could (and one nearly did) spoil the party. Maybe I get too easily seduced by the bullshit, but I thought it was a great race.

Yeah but we had the exact same setup for that in the TJ apart from no Classique Legend (which was no real loss after he embarrassed himself in honkers)

The race itself wasn’t bad but I just don’t think it compares to the Spring stuff here or Sydney’s autumn carnival.

It’s just one of a number of spring races over a 12 month periods with all these horses basically just taking turns winning.

Channel 7 would have you believe today Nature Strip’s win will be remembered for years to come just like Incentivise’s Caulfield Cup win. I really don’t think that’s the case at all

The race itself wasn’t bad but I just don’t think it compares to the Spring stuff here or Sydney’s autumn carnival.

It’s just one of a number of spring races over a 12 month periods with all these horses basically just taking turns winning.

Channel 7 would have you believe today Nature Strip’s win will be remembered for years to come just like Incentivise’s Caulfield Cup win. I really don’t think that’s the case at all

That’s fair enough. I suppose it shows the differences between Sydney and Melbourne. They needed to manufacture a race of this type. We don’t down here. As I said in my first post, I thought the whole concept of the Everest was a crock for the first few years. Seeing Redzel become one of the highest earning racehorses in Aus history was the main reason. But today, I thought it worked well.

Yeah but we had the exact same setup for that in the TJ apart from no Classique Legend (which was no real loss after he embarrassed himself in honkers)

But this was their grand final. And it brought together all of the top sprinters on the one day.

Maybe because it’s still in its infancy it will take a while to gain credibility. I thought today, it started (for me at least) to gain it.

But this was their grand final. And it brought together all of the top sprinters on the one day.

Maybe because it’s still in its infancy it will take a while to gain credibility. I thought today, it started (for me at least) to gain it.

Mate - the TJ was also their grand final that brought together all of the top sprinters on the one day (and some s**t ones like Libertini). IT WAS THE EXACT SAME RACE!!!

It's all manufactured and it does nothing for me personally but it's good for racing overall especially to gather new people into the game.

Cannot stand any of sky/rnsw build up and watch the majority on mute but people talk about it and that's good. It's humorous they need to throw 15mil at something for people to be interested but that is the landscape we're in. I took as much notice as I would for a VRC sprint classic or TJ Smith. I also don't find it a true test if not open for all competitors but in general the fields good enough.
The fields are okay and it’s not actually a bad race but it’s just a recycle of the same thing we’ve seen in multiple races in the months prior. Not really comparable to a 2 year old trying to win the Slipper or a horse progressing through the grades to win a Derby or coming overseas to win the Melbourne Cup.

Of all the stupid attempts to steal some of Melbourne’s spring this one is probably the one that isn’t too bad as we don’t lose horses. But the trend of Vlandy’s and co continuing to come up with fake races for millions during Melbourne’s Spring is only going to damage the entire industry.

In a few years we’ll see Derby Day with half the good horses in another state competing in some rubbish they’ve come up with while Melbourne’s prime time of year is filled with s**t horses. Won’t make for great viewing for anyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back