Racing Caulfield Cup Day 2021 * All race day discussion in here *

Rising Fast the only horse to do the Spring treble in 1954. For good measure backs up and wins the Caulfield Cup again in 1955 - truly sick watch carrying the grandstand in the 1955 Melbourne Cup (winner had 48 kg v 63.5 for the champ)

And just your average 3 stone from top to bottom weight (21 kg spread)

1634383504020.png

Feb 18, 2008
Nowra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Rising Fast the only horse to do the Spring treble in 1954. For good measure backs up and wins the Caulfield Cup again in 1955 - truly sick watch carrying the grandstand in the 1955 Melbourne Cup (winner had 48 kg v 63.5 for the champ)

And just your average 3 stone from top to bottom weight (21 kg spread)

View attachment 1261920

Need the Phar Lap 1930 prep

Cox Plate

Mackinnon (day 1 carnival) 2000
Melb Cup (day 2 carnival) 3200
Linlithgow (day 3 carnival) 1600
QE (day 4 carnival) 2600

All wins

Need the Phar Lap 1930 prep

Cox Plate

Mackinnon (day 1 carnival) 2000
Melb Cup (day 2 carnival) 3200
Linlithgow (day 3 carnival) 1600
QE (day 4 carnival) 2600

All wins

Still my dream to get a decent staying 3yo filly so I can run it in Wakeful - Melbourne Cup - Oaks - Mackinnon

Feb 18, 2008
Nowra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It's all manufactured and it does nothing for me personally but it's good for racing overall especially to gather new people into the game.

Cannot stand any of sky/rnsw build up and watch the majority on mute but people talk about it and that's good. It's humorous they need to throw 15mil at something for people to be interested but that is the landscape we're in. I took as much notice as I would for a VRC sprint classic or TJ Smith. I also don't find it a true test if not open for all competitors but in general the fields good enough.
Yep pretty much agree with this.

In terms of "not open to all competitors", this was my original position as well although the best sprinters all find their way in. I can't think of any missing a slot that would have changed the result, so whilst not officially open to all it will throw up the best field as if it is open.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yep pretty much agree with this.

In terms of "not open to all competitors", this was my original position as well although the best sprinters all find their way in. I can't think of any missing a slot that would have changed the result, so whilst not officially open to all it will throw up the best field as if it is open.

Curious time comparison Big Parade who I rate in the race earlier. Could have Paulele been in. Questions never going to be answered but we get a good enough field without being the best IMO.

Feb 18, 2008
Nowra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Curious time comparison Big Parade who I rate in the race earlier. Could have Paulele been in. Questions never going to be answered but we get a good enough field without being the best IMO.
Yep you could have 2 x Godolphins etc which doesnt happen under the current format. The blue army had the choice to include Paulele but went Trekking and I dont think they would allow another slot holder to include the one they don't take. But at the top end the best 5-6 are there every yr.

The Gp1 conversation will get interesting as the field quality suggests the best sprinters always make it in despite being invite only.

Back