Remove this Banner Ad

BGman

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Dragons, Blues, Tassie Tigers
CAX1 squad: Jack Clayton, Jayden Goodwin, Tim Ward, Bradley Hope, Liam Scott, Teague Wyllie, Jake Doran (wk), Peter Handscomb (c), Doug Warren, Jack Nisbet, Liam Haskett

West Indies squad: Alick Athanaze, Kirk Mckenzie, Kraigg Brathwaite (c), Tagenarine Chanderpaul, Zachary McCaskie, Justin Greaves, Kavem Hodge, Joshua Da Silva (wk), Tevin Imlach (wk), Akeem Jordan (vc), Alzarri Joseph, Gudakesh Motie, Kemar Roach, Kevin Sinclair, Shamar Joseph.

CA may have created a heavy rod for its back with the Bancroft non selection as it risks sending the wrong message to players in the domestic first-class system. Another West Aussie, Kim Hughes believes this to be the case. I have to agree.

CA may have created a heavy rod for its back with the Bancroft non selection as it risks sending the wrong message to players in the domestic first-class system. Another West Aussie, Kim Hughes believes this to be the case. I have to agree.
Massive overreaction I feel.

People are forgetting that this decision is largely based around trying to fit Cameron Green into the side. A guy who’s shield performances are more impressive than Bancroft’s.

I also find the anti-WA bias laughable as well, when you remember that one change has been made to the 11 and the player coming in is from where?

Is Peter Handscomb still captaining this game or is he still with the Melbourne Stars?

Took Katich a 1400 run Shield season averaging 120 to burst himself back into the side, Bancroft has done well but his only averaging 50.

Bancroft, Harris and Renshaw should all be in this game.
In Renshaw and Bancroft's case they are playing in the BBC.Harris,well the only cricket he can play is Premier cricket in Melbourne.Surely they should be playing 2nd 11 state games this month and some of these border line players can play cricket Actually Harris played last Saturday for St.Kilda in a T20 game.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also find the anti-WA bias laughable as well, when you remember that one change has been made to the 11 and the player coming in is from where?
Posted the same but removed it. Fact is Green is a classier bat, bowls at Test standard, is a gun gully fieldsman, younger and is seen as a long term Baggy Green.

You missed Harry Conway in the squad
Not I the people that put up the teams. Not sure how Harry even made this squad, development or otherwise, surely his best is well past him.

Massive overreaction I feel.

People are forgetting that this decision is largely based around trying to fit Cameron Green into the side. A guy who’s shield performances are more impressive than Bancroft’s.

These are the same ones who think that Inglis is the best cricketer to have ever played the game and that Lance Morris (who I must admit doesn't show anything special to me) is the next Shoaib Akhtar.

How has Chanderpaul been going in domestic WI comps Phat?

Was really impressed with him last year.

Not sure about the Super 50, he missed a lot of the first class comp last summer presumably because of the test tour to Australia - he only played a couple of games and made an 80 or 90 in one of them but didn’t do a lot else.

Harris yes, but Bancroft and Renshaw are both important for their BBL sides and I can understand that being a priority.
Given BBL's only metric is viewership are CA really worried about whether they're playing it? Kids are not desperate to see on the cusp international cricketers play BBL - they want to see the ingrained guys like Smudge and Starc.

Great partnership from Hodge and Greaves here, I know this is basically Australia's 3rd division but this is a great recovery.

Great partnership from Hodge and Greaves here, I know this is basically Australia's 3rd division but this is a great recovery.

Aside from a patch midway through the day where the quicks lost their radar the bowling has actually been reasonable, I’ve not seen much if any of this attack and I’ve been mildly impressed - obviously not world beaters or anything. But yeah pretty happy with Hodge and Greaves they’ve looked really good.

Given BBL's only metric is viewership are CA really worried about whether they're playing it? Kids are not desperate to see on the cusp international cricketers play BBL - they want to see the ingrained guys like Smudge and Starc.
This might have been true at the start of the BBL but not anymore. T20 leagues are the way cricket is going whether we like it or not, we need to make sure that ours is a high quality league and that means having the best players playing even if it sometimes isn’t the best thing for the test side.

In keeping with what BC Lara often says about the Windies players, and it’s on show again here: there is absolutely nothing wrong with the level of ability. Nothing at all. It’s developing them into test class players where they fall behind due to infrastructure and coaching and pathways etc

Aside from a patch midway through the day where the quicks lost their radar the bowling has actually been reasonable, I’ve not seen much if any of this attack and I’ve been mildly impressed - obviously not world beaters or anything. But yeah pretty happy with Hodge and Greaves they’ve looked really good.

Chanderpaul only making 17 is even more impressive. Chand was basically the saviour of the last tour here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back