Portfolio Cazaly Classics - Series 2... and Scanlens/Stimorol/Select Archive

Remove this Banner Ad

1997 Select (Rear):
1997 Select- Rear.png
*** Clearly not Lyon's statistics or write-up... used Stuart Maxfield's card as a template for the layout and font match. Nice looking set this one... never collected this one. Nice layout on the front and back.

Added some advanced stages of wear and tear to the templates...
1 - Slight corner wear
2 - Slightly advanced corner wear
3 - Further corner wear and edge chipping
4 - Further corner wear, edge chipping, and some surface wear
5 - Further corner wear, edge tearing, surface wear and slight staining
6 - Further corner wear, edge tearing, surface wear, large stain.
7 - Major corner damage, edge tearing, surface discolouration and wear, large stain.
8 - Major corner damage, edge tearing, major surface discolouration and wear, large stain, sticky tape.

Trading Cards Wearing - Comparison 1.png

Last edited:
I've put these two sets together for obvious reasons. Identical template except two differences from what I can tell:
- VFL logo added to the 1972 set
- Different font sizes between the two sets (1970... regular first name, expanded surname; 1972... regular first name; condensed surname)

1970 Scanlens:
1970 Scanlens Cards - Comparison.png

1972 Scanlens:
1972 Scanlens Cards - Comparison.png

*** Oh, and there was no 1971 set.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1966 Scanlens... another one that took a bit of work. I've warped the text on the flag to make it 'fit' with the furls (as best as possible)... plus it is a Smart Layer, text can be changed and same shape kept.
1966 Scanlens Cards - Comparison.png

Not sure if I will go on and do the 1963-1965 sets. They're the old cigarette style and they don't really appeal to me. I'll see if I get bored or not.

Last edited:
Mixing things up a bit... thought I would re-make retro cards from other sports for AFL. This template is based on the 1972 Topps Basketball set:
View attachment 705721View attachment 705929
Loving these, really clean designs compared to the actual Aussie rules ones seen earlier in the thread. The little ageing effects you have developed have really taken this folio to the next level too!

Loving these, really clean designs compared to the actual Aussie rules ones seen earlier in the thread. The little ageing effects you have developed have really taken this folio to the next level too!

Thanks mate... yeah, I like the look of the old American retro baseball/basketball/football cards. They're designs are simple and classic and fairly easy to copy the design with some work.

Modern cards look good and I don't mind the challenge of making them, but they're a dead-set pain in the arse to replicate exactly. Too much coloured smoke, gradients, and paint splatter effects going on. Impossible to copy without having the exact layers and brushes they used.

So... I decided that all cards need a box and packet for them to come in. Pretty much made this entire thing completely from scratch... only thing not my own is the pack. I found a pack online and edited it to remove its own branding and stuff. Made it a plain white packet to allow for easy editing.

I've used the Topps Baseball 'Heritage' brand as my inspiration, so the logo is a rip off of theirs, but that' it really. Pretty proud of how this turned out... I think it is a pretty original concept.

Trading Card Box - Heritage Scanlens 2019.png

Just updated my Photoshop to CC2019 after about 8-9 years of pottering around on Photoshop CS3. Tinkering around with some newer features and made a variant of the trading card box. Work in progress this one:
Trading Card Box 2.png

Last edited:
Finished up with the Smart Object file... I know the box isn't the best looking, but the front, back, sides, lid, card packs, etc. were all taken from images from the internet (1986 Fleer set... Jordan rookie card) and then put into each warped layer as a trial. The big glare on the side of the box was on the original image, as was the protective cellophane on the front of the box. Any feedback on that is appreciated. Here is the final outcome though:
Fleer 1986 Trial.png

Ps... I've just realised I stuffed up here. There is not meant to be a card behind the Larry Bird one. I forgot to turn off a layer. My bad.

Last edited:
Thought I'd tidy up what I made above. If these were actually real, and I owned all three of them... I could probably retire.
Trading Card Box - Fleer 1986.png

*** PS. I thought Michael Jordan needs to be on these boxes. I doubt Larry Bird would object

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back