Portfolio Cazaly Classics - Series 2... and Scanlens/Stimorol/Select Archive

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought I'd go back and have a crack at a modern design before going on a bit of a break. Impossible to replicate perfectly... came up blank with the exact font (must be an in-house font), and impossible to replicate the smoke and splatter effects. Still happy with how it has turned out though from about 90mins work. Might 'perfect' it another time .

2018 Select:
2018 Select Cards - Comparison Front.png

Really happy with this one because there is A LOT going on in there and a lot of layers to replicate it reasonably. Without access to fonts, and the photos of the players in that pose, this is impossible to get the exact look... but this is close.
2018 Select Cards - Comparison Rear.png
2018 Select Cards - Comparison Rear 1.png
2018 Select Cards - Comparison Rear 2.png

*** Obviously not their real stats, just mucking around with the template.
*** I know the photo of Hodge is a shocker... ahh well.

Last edited:

A card full of foil... took the challenge to try to replicate a foil effect. Fonts aren't a perfect match, but very very close. I think this turned out alright.

2002 Select (Front):
2002 Select Cards - Front.png

Last edited:
Portfolio update... currently have created fully editable templates for the following:

- Scanlens (1966-1987)
- Stimorol (1988-1991)
- Regina (1992)
- Select (1993-2000, 2002, 2015, 2017-2019)
- Cazaly Classics

Here are all the early Select templates together with the one photo:
Clayton Oliver - Select Cards (1993-2002).png
My end goal is to create templates for all Select base sets (not going to worry about the 10-20 different insert card types that they release each year). It will definitely be a challenge though with some of their more recent 'creative'/pain in the arse designs.

Last edited:
Bit of a challenge this one... lots of little details and the background gradient was a pain in the arse. 2003 Select:
2003 Select Cards - Front.png

Last edited:
Another challenge... so much going on in this one. Extremely happy with how it turned out though considering the amount of various features with it.

2004 Select:
2004 Select Cards - Front.png

Last edited:
Hopefully without sounding like a broken record... another tough one. Whoever their graphic designer was at the time certainly didn't want their cards to be replicated easily :-/ 2005 Select:
2005 Select Cards - Front.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without doubt the hardest one I've made... so many layers on this. Had to find an image of a football similar to that on the card, then remove all of the Sherrin branding on it, and then put the AFL logo on the ball. The spotlight effects and gradients in the 'name plate' were a nightmare, and the colours still aren't perfect... just incredibly tough to replicate perfectly. I might muck around with this down the track to perfect it, but this was an EXTREMELY tough challenge with WAY TOO MANY layers!!!

*** Edit: Spotlight effects fixed. This is about as close as I will get I think.

2012 Select:
2012 Select Cards - Front.png

Last edited:
Colours aren't perfect on the 'name plate' at the bottom, I've matched them to the club logo... not sure what Select matched them up to.

2013 Select:
2013 Select Cards - Front.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back