Portfolio Cazaly Classics - Series 2... and Scanlens/Stimorol/Select Archive

Remove this Banner Ad

Proud of this one... Probably a little bit 'O.C.D', but I went through online photos of the original cards, and found enough cards with different parts of the background exposed. Put all of these into a 'master' background layer, and this is the finished product. Fully editable whilst keeping the original background.

2016 Select:
2016 Select Cards - Front.png

Wasn't planning to make this... but made templates for the old 1963-1965 Scanlens cards. The photos on these were obviously re-coloured black and white photos, so I've 'reverse engineered' (for a want of a better term) colour photos to make them look like re-coloured black and white photos.

1963 Scanlens:
1963 Scanlens Cards - Comparison.png

1963 Scanlens - Ted Whitten.png 1964 Scanlens - Darrel Baldock.png 1965 Scanlens - Ron Barassi.png
1963 Scanlens - Ted Whitten
1964 Scanlens - Darrel Baldock
1965 Scanlens - Ron Barassi

Last edited:
Don't know what to do now... made a set of cards for every year between 1963-2019. Any requests???? Hahaha
TeamCoach? I made last years set but couldn’t find the font for this years cards for free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that one or the common card.

Here you go. Corners are a little square, but I just used my Stimorol template.
First card is an original Bontempelli card from the internet. Following that is my own template... a gold card Bontempelli, base card Bontempelli, and then I thought that Clayton deserves another showing. Haha.

144.png 2019 TEAM COACH - Marcus Bontempelli.png 2019 TEAM COACH - Marcus Bontempelli (Base Card).png
2019 TEAM COACH - Clayton Oliver.png

Last edited:
Had a look at some real cards online, and I've made a few little changes to the template to make it a more accurate representation of the actual cards. The background should have a glossy/hologram effect to it, and the player position is actually not gold foiled. I've also made the gold a little more lifelike too:

2019 TEAM COACH - Clayton Oliver (Gold).png

Last edited:
I've created a link for the TeamCoach2019 template (PhotoShop file). I wanted to add a few things (e.g. stat stars, logos for all positions, etc.) and then simplify the file from my usual mess of layers before sharing. I wasn't able to share the actual fonts on the card as they are paid fonts, but I've created and then rasterized all team names in the paid fonts so they match the original cards perfectly. Only fonts required on editable sections are Arial (Player name) and AgencyFB (Statistics), as they are very close matches to the original fonts. The file allows you to create cards for any AFL team (I've included team logos). Just requires some basic knowledge on how to use Smart Objects. Enjoy :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/32redbrjdopkpo7/2019 TEAM COACH - MFCrox.psd?dl=0

This is a card made using the exact template uploaded:

Last edited:
In an alternative world where Clayton Oliver won the 2018 Best & Fairest. Happy with this one... another one where I played around with the original cards found online to remove the player and team name from the background.

723767 723779 723769

Last edited:
Clayton's back again. Another season... another Select set to recreate (although it is not officially released yet). Not overly difficult to make, just couldn't source the font used on the name and surname unfortunately :-(

2020 Select Cards.png

Thought I would remake the 1996 Select Hall of Fame set... very good looking set that is still being updated on a yearly basis.

Base card: Old logo and New logo
1582953142654.png
1582953098507.png
1582953062776.png

Legends insert:
1583032191575.png
1582946915836.png

Team of the Century insert: (Couldn't find the font or background photo for this one)
1583043392388.png
1583043447876.png

Legends Signature insert:
1583033245591.png
1583031801329.png

The finished 'Select Collection'... every season from 1993-present:
View attachment 719011

A set for seasons between 1966-2019 (Scanlens/Stimorol/Regina/Select)... a massive undertaking. Glad to be done :)

Amazing work, I actually registered an account just to say that. Do you have an Instagram? I also make faux trading cards based on retro designs although mostly basketball and hiphop orientated at this stage.

Amazing work, I actually registered an account just to say that. Do you have an Instagram? I also make faux trading cards based on retro designs although mostly basketball and hiphop orientated at this stage.

Cheers mate. Much appreciated :) Nah, it is just a hobby 'outlet' for me...no Instagram or anything like that. I've started making some retro basketball cards too because I've done all of the AFL base sets. I'll upload them on here later today maybe.

Thanks again :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back