Competition CCCC Round 1: Carlton Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

(Winfield) Blue Addicks

Charlton Athletic FC ("The Addicks")
Charlton_Athletic_logo.gif

z-Charlton7347shop1.jpg

Charlton7405shop1.jpg

Carlton Athletic FC

Tried to do something a bit different with the logo/monogram here, looked a bit odd with half an arm on the middle of the guernsey.
The colours are a big change, but I think they fit in with the corporate-sponsorship nature of a Soccer-based merger, with the home in the colour of Mars (red) and the away in the light blue of Hyundai - also brings back memories of the M&M number.

Your jumper design with Omegaville's logo!

I should have made myself more clear that I know the feeling of having similar ideas as people, not that people "copy" me (intentionally or not).

I honestly had no idea that Omegaville, or EastyEffect's for that matter, had even posted a jumper before I.

As you could see from my description, I posted as if no one had seen it before.

I didn't mean to copy his idea or logo, these things just happen.

Sorry Omegaville :eek:

Chelston Football Club.

Long story short, sick of buying squillion-dollar players, owner of Chelsea Roman Abramovich decides to buy an Australian football team that he can mould into a likeness of his beloved Chelsea. The team that fit the bill the best, in terms of colours, nickname and history, was Carlton.

Chelston Home:
ChelseaCarltonHome.gif

Chelston Dark clash:
ChelseaCarltonDarkclash.gif

Chelston Light clash:
ChelseaCarltonLightclash.gif

Not overly original I know, but it's a slightly different twist on the Chelsea idea already presented in this thread. The main one is pretty much Chelsea's kit into a jumper template (Adidas, of course), with Judd's name and number. The dark clash is the same layout, but should be much more familiar to Carlton fans. The Light away stays with the layout again, but goes for a white scheme. I could have done the Chelsea away and 3rd kits as well, but I didn't want to go too overboard.

Smeagle said:
I honestly had no idea that Omegaville, or EastyEffect's for that matter, had even posted a jumper before I.

when did you accidentally copy me? :confused::confused:

EDIT: don't worry, I understand what you meant now.

Cross Code Combination: Carlton Blues & Cleveland Cavaliers
Combination: Both have navy blue in colour scheme, both location names start with 'C' and both have a 'C' in logo

Carlton Cavaliers

carltoncavscopy.png

carltoncavs.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I should have made myself more clear that I know the feeling of having similar ideas as people, not that people "copy" me (intentionally or not).

As you could see from my description, I posted as if no one had seen it before.

I didn't mean to copy his idea or logo, these things just happen.

Sorry Omegaville :eek:

You are distinct differences in your logo & Omegaville's logo, as Omega's has a "T" handle, while you had a straight handle, and I like Omega's logo due to that "T"... however Omega's jumper is a bit boring, while your design is a lot more interesting! So it'll be hard to vote between you two, usually something blows both the designs out of the water!

TBH, I wikipedia'd the name Carlton looking for a decent uniform to use :p
I prefer my Barca design though, I think I botched the back a bit and the monogram doesn't really mesh with the yellow, but I thought the link was creative enough hopefully in my Watford design :)

Carlton Blues and Carleton Ravens
CARLTON RAVENS

The Carleton Ravens are the athletic teams that represent Carleton University in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

The home jumper features the Carleton University colours - red and black - and, representing a Canadian university, is inspired by stereotypical hockey jerseys.

The clash jumper features the Carleton Ravens logo.

carltoncowboyslogo.png

carltoncowboyshomekit.png

carltoncowboysawaykit.png

Carlton Blues & Dallas Cowboys
Relation: Similar Colors, both have boys in there nickname, both pretty successful in their respective competions. Carlton 16 AFL Grand Finals and Dallas Cowboys most appearences in the Superbowl with 8, for 5 wins, corresponding to most NFC championships 8

Apologies for this not being the most creative design but I couldn't use Word or Powerpoint etc.

Carlton Football Club + Dublin GAA/Áth Cliath

If you're not familiar with this team they represent Dublin in the Gaelic football league in Ireland. Both teams are blue with Dublin sometimes referred to as "The boy's in blue."

Here is Dublin's logo and 2010 kit:

11m8ieg.png

and my design...

24qo0f6.png

Home-

sq2rtx.png

Away-

25sadkw.png

carltoncorkershome.png

Carlton + Cork GAA Home
carltoncorkersaway.png

Carlton + Cork GAA Away

The link is Setanta O'hAilpin, who was recruited from Cork to Carlton.

Cross Code Combination: Carlton Blues & Dallas Mavericks.
Combination: Both teams primary colours are basically the same and the Dallas Mavericks have the blues because they have never won a NBA Championship.

Carlton Mavericks

2i89i5u.jpg

2i0pwl3.jpg

x6dbnp.jpg

Carlton-Espoo Merger

The Espoo Blues are an ice hockey team based in Finland. The Carlton Blues are, obviously, an Australian rules football team based in Australia.

Connection: The colour blue

Colours: Navy blue (Carlton), Gold (Espoo), White (common to both)

Sponsors: Tourism Finland and Mars

carltonespoobluesfinal.png

The logo is a combination of the old Espoo shield and the Carlton monogram.

The home jumper is largely based on Carlton's home jumper, with the logo appearing in the middle. However, the side panels, shorts and socks have been changed to include the gold and white of Espoo. The Espoo crown sits above the numbers on the back of the jumper.

As the home jumper is based on the Carlton guernsey with some slight modifications, the newly merged club decided to base the away guernsey on an ice hockey uniform. Players names appear above the numbers on the back of the jumper, the sponsors logo replaces the club logo as the centrepiece of the front and the captain is identified by a "C" on the front of their jumper. The curved side panels are based on the Espoo ice hockey uniform.

Thoughts/feedback?

Love the crown logo. What interests me is even though the link is only the colour blue, that you've picked something so obscure. Good work, I've always been a fan of your designs :thumbsu:

Oh and nice to see a host of new designers around here too :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back