Competition CCCC Round 1: Carlton Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the home one :) As Gibbsy said, the logo is excellent. However, I think the away one would be better if the mars logo wasn't as prominent. But anyways, top effort :D

Team Radioshack Blues

Cross Code Combination: Team Radioshack
Combination: Team Radioshack is Lance Armstrongs cycling team, Carlton wore a yellow guernsey recently to support Lance Armstrongs foundation 'Livestrong'

23og0h.jpg

2010TeamRadioShackJersey.jpg

as one of the newbies here, let me say thanks for the welcome...searches for jumper designs kept leading me to this site, so i decided to climb aboard, and i must say, there are some very talented and creative artists/designers on this site...

Ditto! :thumbsu: for me being a n00b and about the designers!

last entry

Carlton Bulls

Cross Code Combination: Carlton Blues & Chicago Bulls

Combination-
Chicago, Illinois- The 'HOME OF THE BLUES'
Carlton Football Club- The AFL's Blues.

34fxgk2.jpg

keb3m1.jpg

leedsrhinohome.png

HOME
leedsrhinoaway.png

AWAY​
Leeds Rhinos + Carlton FC​
EDIT: Sorry didnt have to time to finish connection story
Both wear blue, and both are some of two of the eldest teams in there competitions

I think the "both teams wear blue" thing is getting a bit old. Maybe starting from next round we have some sort of regulation against just a plain old colour match-up?

carltonsacramentopres.png

All explained in the pic.

Also Furla sorry abou the wide band similarity. I made this last night, before Id seen yours, but had to turn on the desktop PC to upload and CBFed.

Thats a good idea Gibbsy or atleast make it "it has to be the same shade of the colour" not they both use blue but ManCity for example use Sky Blue and Carlton use Navy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the "both teams wear blue" thing is getting a bit old. Maybe starting from next round we have some sort of regulation against just a plain old colour match-up?

Well I did include another reason beside both teams 'being blue'

GANTY all is good, two complete different designs

i think my connection between the dallas mavericks and carlton was pretty awesome... :p

What team do you think will be the next choice?

My original connection was Dublin and Carlton both produce a very popular beer. The blue bit was just a coincidence.

It can be expected for team named after a colour. We'll see what happens next week...

What team do you think will be the next choice?

I was thinking I'd put it to a poll and just go with the popular opinion.

Carlton Blues and Cleveland Browns (NFL)
CARLTON BROWNS

Both the Carlton Blues and the Cleveland Browns are named after colours.

The home and clash jumpers are simply brown versions of Carlton's current jumpers.

I disagree - and not just because Carlton's nickname happens to be a colour.

Sometimes the similar colours make for a natural connection. When it's Collingwood's turn, the first entry is probably going to be a Newcastle United connection, followed by an Oakland Raiders connection. I think it's up to the skill of the designer to make use of that connection in any way they see fit, even if it is just colours... the people will vote on it and decide whether it's any good.

I say let the current rule stand. This comp has generated a lot of interest and it's been great to see some new designers.

^ Ha, I wouldn't have immediately connected Collingwood with the Oakland Raiders, but I can already picture an awesome logo for it. :)

I don't think we should regulate what the connection is, but if everyone's connecting on the same thing, don't expect them to get many votes.

Well I did include another reason beside both teams 'being blue'

GANTY all is good, two complete different designs

Its not your Leeds Rhinos/Carlton entry, IMO it was entry upon entry that used the old both have blue and some of them arent even the same shade of blue. Ahh well it will be interestin to see how it polls.

I agree with Gibbsy, I think part of the reason we have got all the colour-match entries is because their nickname is "the Blues" and there mascot is a 'Blueboy." When it comes to Collingwood and Brisbane which have phyisical animal mascots we will still get colour-match entries but there will be less because there is an animal that they can have in common with another team, like Brisbane and Detroit Lions.

Coolies, I thought because my base design was similar and with in a couple of hours of yours you mighta thought the worst, but if not that is great. :thumbsu:

Second entry is between Carlton and the Socceroos.

Connection: They are both sponsored by Hyundai, Optus and Nike.

Home: Similar to Carlton's Livestrong jumper, could also be linked to the former Socceroos home.

Away: Based on the Socceroos current away. Also involves the 'Blues'.

carltonroospres.png

SECOND ENTRY :)
Apologies for my entry being big again. forgetting to resize.

Bit more creative this time ;) Carlton Blues and Cleveland Browns

As stated before both are named after colours.

Please welcome........

2r7ts3o.png

Home:

jq73og.png

Away:
All teams are being made to have a jumper that's the "opposite" of there home or whatever. So this Brisbane inspired jumper was a clear choice....

2zz3jhs.png

And of course the famous team mascot.....

1ftmbm.png

SECOND ENTRY :)
Apologies for my entry being big again. forgetting to resize.

Bit more creative this time ;) Carlton Blues and Cleveland Browns

As stated before both are named after colours.

Please welcome........

2r7ts3o.png

Home:

jq73og.png

Away:
All teams are being made to have a jumper that's the "opposite" of there home or whatever. So this Brisbane inspired jumper was a clear choice....

2zz3jhs.png

And of course the famous team mascot.....

1ftmbm.png

ANOTHER THING....blues rhymes with poos! :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back