Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
6cTGHGV.png

(Full Size Logo)
It has been more than a year, but the CCRC is back for its 3rd season.

The Cross-Code Rugby Challenge (CCRC) is this boards Rugby based league competition. Spanna_ has allowed me to take charge for this season.

There are some changes to the running of this competition that will hopefully shorten the seasons length and keep people interested throughout (detailed below).

This thread is for franchise bidding and pre-season discussion. The season will not start until late this year (probably late November/early December, subject to change with discussion), but I thought I'd get this up so that people have plenty of time to discuss the season as well as figure out their franchises and designs.

Previous competitors have preference to locations and their previous franchises (I have listed them below), confirmation of franchises are required, if you want to change your franchise location, then follow the following bid structure (though preference will still be given over new bidders).

New bidders please bid here for a first and second preference using the format below. To be sure you get a team, have one bid dedicated to each conference.

The majority of bids will be accepted, so long as there is a balance between the number of teams in both conferences.​

Bid structure

First Preference
Team Name
- (e.g. Border Reivers)
Conference- (North or South), Based on what hemisphere your team is based
Colours- (e.g. Blue, Maroon, Gold and White)

Same structure for your second preference.​

Competition Rules

You must create a
- Rugby Union Kit (preferably dark based).
- League Kit (preferably light based).
- Magic Weekend Kit (can be anything; heritage, 7's/9's style, superhero, charity, etc. Let your mind run free).

All jerseys must contain the following:
- Sponsors: Compulsory (Front, Back - above and below numbers, right facing sleeve, shorts - left facing), Optional: Sternum, Collar.
- Manufacturer logo on left facing breast (can also be placed on shoulders), also on shorts (right side facing)
- Team logo on the right facing chest.
- Conference Logo on left facing sleeve. (There are 2 versions of the Conference logo for each conference, a light and dark background version, either may be used).
- Official competition logo to be placed on shorts (right facing), can also be used on jersey jock tag.
- League/Conference logos cannot be recoloured.
- Shorts and socks are mandatory.

Example of sponsor/logo postitions:

Sponsors - Front (Kia), Collar (Ricoh), Sleeve (Investec). Manufacturer - Front (Adidas), Shoulder (Adidas stripes design instead of logo). Team Logo. Conference Logo - Sleeve (Super Rugby).
bp9833_21_model-e1512078424564.jpg

Sponsor - Sternum (Magic Glass). Manufacturer - Shoulders (ISC logo instead of design element).
Sydney-Roosters-2018-Mens-Away-Jersey.jpg

Season Structure

Unlike previous seasons, teams in the two conferences will only play teams from their own conference (except Magic Weekend). Depending on the number of teams, the two conferences may be split in half and teams will play against teams in their half along with a couple of games from the other half (plus Magic Weekend). I am hoping for no more than 8 rounds (maybe 9 max), plus finals (likely to be just semi-finals and final, may expand to quarter finals/elimination finals depending on numbers).

Magic Weekend will see teams from the Northern Conference play teams from the Southern Conference in a round that will feature special one-off Magic Weekend kits.

As with previous seasons, wins will be worth 4 points, however this season a bonus point system will also be introduced. Wins by (yet to be determined) or more votes will earn a team 1 bonus point, as will losses by (yet to be determined) or less votes. This will mean that even losing teams could potentially earn points from games, and these points could be vital at the end of the regular season.

Season 2 teams

czUGXHU.png

(Light)(Dark)
Northern Conference
LA Rugby Club - Freight Train
Helvetics - Bacon Warrior
Birmingham Bears - El_Scorcho
Dublin Charms - Barrybran
Border Reivers - craegus
Osaka Valley - Spanna_
Ljubljana Modra - _Damo_

U3dQfnO.png

(Light)(Dark)
Southern Conference
Medellin Angeles - El_Scorcho
Sydney Two Blues - Klim
North Island Vulcans - Bryce_Jersey17
Wellington Badgers - sjohnson x
Perth Predators - ScottFreo
Suva Warriors - The former LyntonMartin/Grandsun x
South Harbour - rabbitoh21

So with that, let's get busy bidding.

Last edited:

Also FYI to anyone who has concerns about random images being degraded in this competition like in this seasons Can-Am, I am shifting to a different method of hosting (will not be using photobucket) and posting from the beginning of this competition onward, which hopefully will stop this issue from happening again.

So hopefully El_Scorcho and Dylan8 the issues will not happen again (fingers are very tightly crossed).

I assume using a soccer template (without socks) is okay? If so, I'd like to bid.

First Preference
Twickenham Hornets
Northern Conference
Black and yellow

Second Preference
Rio de la Plata
Southern Conference
Navy blue and red

Last edited:
I'm not going to be able to find the time, so I won't be entering this season.

I'll bring back Medellín, but i'll leave Birmingham on hiatus at this stage.

I'm a little surprised by that tbh. I thought Birmingham were your long term European multi-league franchise.
That's part of the issue really, I've been designing Bears kits in 2 comps for a while and don't have a lot of inspiration this year.

I may do both if we need numbers but it'll depend on time

That's part of the issue really, I've been designing Bears kits in 2 comps for a while and don't have a lot of inspiration this year.

I may do both if we need numbers but it'll depend on time

Fair enough. I am going to aim for people having only one team though. Never been much of a fan of multiple teams in league competitions, but I will wait and see what happens before making a final decision on this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back