Competition CCRC Season 4 - CHAMPIONS: Bloemfontein Rhinos

Remove this Banner Ad

So today is the day that I would like to see all entries submitted. This would give me the best chance at getting the league polls up and running by the weekend.

I currently have 7 full submissions, and am waiting on 3 confirmed entries, plus any who may want to get in at the last minute.

If those yet to submit, or considering entering, could get their entries in by today that would be great, but if not remember that the final deadline is on Friday.

This is it people. Entries are due today no mater what.

So for those who have said that they are participating get those entries finished. If anyone else wants to get something in please submit something before 11:59:59pm AEST.

Once the deadline has passed, I will finalise the competition structure. At the moment it will be a single round robin with a 5 team finals series. If any other entries come in that were not known about, the league may change its structure. This would include the change from a 5 teams finals series to 6 (with just 1 extra entry over what I am expecting), and the possibility of splitting the league into conferences to reduce the number of total rounds (likely again with between probably 3 extra entries).

So lets get those entries in so I can finalise everything and get this competition going.

Pretty keen for this one to kick off!

Will try and get the first round up later today.

I just need to create the draw and set the final behind the scenes stuff as unfortunately I had set things up for the number of teams I was expecting to be submitted, but both muggsy26 and Spanna_ did not submit anything so I have to readjust a few things to try and make things work again.

With that being said, if either of them can get their entry to me within the next few hours, it would make life much easier.

Will try and get the first round up later today.

I just need to create the draw and set the final behind the scenes stuff as unfortunately I had set things up for the number of teams I was expecting to be submitted, but both muggsy26 and Spanna_ did not submit anything so I have to readjust a few things to try and make things work again.

With that being said, if either of them can get their entry to me within the next few hours, it would make life much easier.
Thought I entered these a couple weeks ago! Turns out the conversation was with no one, but myself. Are you able to check that you are able to see the entries now. Sorry about this.

Thought I entered these a couple weeks ago! Turns out the conversation was with no one, but myself. Are you able to check that you are able to see the entries now. Sorry about this.

Yeah I can now see it. I will add you to the league and have a special catch up match scheduled. Luckily as you are the 10th team it is easy enough to just add your team against the bye team for each week.

Yeah I can now see it. I will add you to the league and have a special catch up match scheduled. Luckily as you are the 10th team it is easy enough to just add your team against the bye team for each week.
Thanks heaps for this. Again apologies for my blunder!

With one game to play in the first round, the league table is still incomplete, but here is the current standings regardless.

ztqnFop.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

8 rounds down, 1 to go.

The top 5 has been decided with the gap between Ljublijana Zmaj and Beirut Phoenix being 6 points and only a maximum of 5 available. However the final positions in the top and bottom 5 is still all up for grabs.

4HqUVrM.png
Unluggy me haha we'll be back!

And with that the regular season is over. There was drama right until the end, with Royal Glasgow giving up the top spot in the last game to their opponent Blomfontein, but luckily for Royal Glasgow the bonus point loss kept them from dropping from first to third staying 1 point above Buenos Aires.

Harbour City also gained their first win of the season, meaning that only Hartford went without a win this season, however they did have a draw and ended up with 5 points, so there is more to build on in the future.

m2MQFFy.png

With the regular season closing, we now move on to the finals. In Week 1 Royal Glasgow and Buenos Aires face off in the Qualifying Final to determine who will play Blomfontein in Week 2's Major Semi Final, with the loser playing the winner of the Elimination Final between Sandringham and Ljubljana.

0t8TVfK.png

Week 1 of the finals has concluded with Ljubljana's season ending with a hard fought loss to Sandringham. In the other match Glasgow narrowly defeated Buenos Aires to move on to the Major Semi Final against Bloemfontein, while Buenos Aires will face off with Sandringham in the Minor Semi Final.

This weeks finals will also see the introduction of a slight change in the finals process with all teams showcasing both their home and away kits to add an extra layer to the matches. This will continue though week 3 and then the Grand Final will showcase all 3 kits for the two teams.

dDaZv11.png

And we are down to 3. Unfortunately Sandringham's phenomenal season has come to an end at the hands of Buenos Aires. In the other game Bloemfontein has secured their place in the Grand Final with an easy win over Glasgow. This weeks Preliminary Final will see a rematch of the Qualifying Final with Glasgow facing Buenos Aires.

IZqiZq1.png

Fans hearts were pounding, the players were under immense pressure, but in the end Bloemfontein held off a fast finishing Buenos Aires to take out the title.

Congratulations to Bloemfontein and El_Scorcho on taking out the CCRC 2020.

Comiserations to fancyscum on a strong season where you just fell short of taking the title.

qrwy4Qy.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back