Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Alvie FC
boom!!! best thread you have ever provided us with
i enjoyed reading your post every day and i would agree with your top 10, though as you said there were some apologies that you mensioned that could be in there. i like that you havent been bias and you have gone with most valuable for this year (based on performance THIS YEAR) rather than caree.

thank-you for this thread boom

Boom, Great thread, would be interested to see if anyone else has a go at this.

Really enjoyed the thread Boom. Given the number of new players to the league would you think about a thread the has the best new player each side has picked up this year. :thumbsu:

Class effort boom.

I haven't seen much of the CDFL in the last couple of years, but keep a close eye on results and did watch a few finals games last year, and your assessment of Tully as number 1, is as good as anyone could come up with. Tough, fast, fit and skilful, not many more boxes to tick, except for one maybe leadership. And what I witnessed last year, he has it in abundance. I know the classy additions of Hollmer, Stevens and Barham were justifyably noted in last year's GF, but Tully's grunt work in releasing their run is not to be under estimated. I hope to make it down for some more finals this year, and hope even more for my own viewing enjoyment, Lorne & Tully go deep into September.
thanks guys

B-HAWK 26

Senior List
Nov 19, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
With the exception of the misleading Thread title, a very admirable effort. I enjoyed reading your summations of each player and must i must admit that you have done a very good job. Agree with the majority of your player selections although In my opinion Carl Doolan is a notable omission.
But overall, very pleasing.

Hilly72

All Australian
Mar 28, 2003
Geelong
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy FC, Birregurra FC
i think that Brian Hinkley would be in this if he had not been injured. WOuld you agree?

Big call as no one has seen him perform at his best this year, I think there are players who are in good form this year that could be included before him.

Dean Casey - was dominant early in the year.
Michael Davis - underrated, had he not been injured against Forrest in round 1 would have played more games with Port Melbourne seconds, gives Birre a tall runner through the middle.
Cass and Goonan - Always dangerous.
Rathje - very strong in the centre, wins a lot of ball.

Hilly72

All Australian
Mar 28, 2003
Geelong
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy FC, Birregurra FC
Would like to officially change number seven from whelan to mason as he is a superior player and whelan is too hungry

Bit harsh as he is expected to be the major goal kicker for Birre, has also done some great things when sent to fill a hole down back on a couple of occasions

CHRIS MCKAY

Draftee
Jun 1, 2008
colac
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Would like to officially change number seven from whelan to mason as he is a superior player and whelan is too hungry
agreed boom, based on the the birre alvie game mason was far more dangerous than whelan. in my opinion has more footy nouse and not only kicks goals but sets them up himself unlike whelan who is more of an individual

go wide

Debutant
Mar 24, 2008
lorne hinterland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
swamp rats dolphins
agreed boom, based on the the birre alvie game mason was far more dangerous than whelan. in my opinion has more footy nouse and not only kicks goals but sets them up himself unlike whelan who is more of an individual
wheels to predictable,mason hard matchup.

May 29, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Alvie FC
i think that Brian Hinkley would be in this if he had not been injured. WOuld you agree?
mate i watched this bloke yesterday and he was fair dinkum hopeless. Did not have one kick, no joke, to half time and sat the second half on the bench. Was fat and slow and for $800 a game, a huge disappointment. Sorry radar but he would only feature in a top ten most overrated...(now thats an idea)

go wide

Debutant
Mar 24, 2008
lorne hinterland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
swamp rats dolphins
mate i watched this bloke yesterday and he was fair dinkum hopeless. Did not have one kick, no joke, to half time and sat the second half on the bench. Was fat and slow and for $800 a game, a huge disappointment. Sorry radar but he would only feature in a top ten most overrated...(now thats an idea)
spot on boom in his come back game v lorne young tommy callahan picked him up.bargearse kicked 2 in the first quarter(one from a soft free kick}not sighted after that. great player once an embarresment now.

go wide

Debutant
Mar 24, 2008
lorne hinterland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
swamp rats dolphins
Andrew Leak Forrest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

go wide

Debutant
Mar 24, 2008
lorne hinterland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
swamp rats dolphins
might give myself a pat on the back. tully wins colac herald mvp award
some time back i said the umpires were concerned about o connors close in tactics...opposition must agree not one vote after round 14...how many votes will the umpys give him in the latter part of the season....gotta go the olympics are on at tulls.

May 29, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Alvie FC
some time back i said the umpires were concerned about o connors close in tactics...opposition must agree not one vote after round 14...how many votes will the umpys give him in the latter part of the season....gotta go the olympics are on at tulls.
Why do talk so much rubbish? You post at 1 in the morning saying sorry youve gotta go to tullys which is quite obviously rubbish at that time of day. And why would you be going to tullys anyhow? I think you lie about your identity and in fact you are harley davies.

go wide

Debutant
Mar 24, 2008
lorne hinterland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
swamp rats dolphins
Why do talk so much rubbish? You post at 1 in the morning saying sorry youve gotta go to tullys which is quite obviously rubbish at that time of day. And why would you be going to tullys anyhow? I think you lie about your identity and in fact you are harley davies.
Yeah ok you got me boom crash opera i am HARLEY DAVIES and i reckon you are that nuf nuf dribbler in room 101,high security,never to be released,Colanda Centre for the mentally challenged. ps the boys trained the house down tonight.

go wide

Debutant
Mar 24, 2008
lorne hinterland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
swamp rats dolphins
he has got a really big f****n telly thats why d******d

b2bbombers

Draftee
Nov 29, 2008
westvic
AFL Club
Carlton
NO.2-Tom McCrickard (Alvie)
Where to begin. Will start by saying there is not a player in the competition who can match up well on him. The word that comes to mind when speaking of T-Mac is freak. His athletic ability would not be surpassed in this comp and his movement is simply a pleasure to watch. Huge leap, great pace and agility, great aerobic capacity, and highly skilled, McCrickard has the ability to turn a match on its head and on the wide expanses on the Central Reserve, will more than likely do that. Can play anywhere on the ground, but the last few weeks have seen him playing forward and proving a nightmare for opposition sides. His quickness off the lead sees that he has ten metres on his man by the time he marks the ball and if there is a bloke in his way he will leap over the top of him. Can do the impossible and if you don't know what X-Factor is, have a look at this bloke and you will see why he is number two, unlucky to be edged out of number one, on this list.
You rate Tom way to high. He has heaps of ability & can run like the wind but unfortunatly he has no defensive skills whatsoever, until he developes some defence he is not in my top 50 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back