Delisted Cedric Cox [Requested trade to WA, didn't get there, delisted]

Jul 15, 2003
Vegas
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Is he any good lions fans? What's the honest critique of his game?
Great skills on both sides of his body, very smooth mover, limited footy smarts unfortunately.

Mitch Hinge is still on our list as of now, but may struggle to keep his place come final list lodgment. If we do let him go he would be very much worth getting a run with another club. Good player.

BrisbaneBlue

Senior List
Sep 23, 2019
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Have seen him play a number of times. He has speed and good skills, but drifts in and out of games, mostly due to a lack of awareness. Brisbane used him mostly in the backline, and he has a lot of dash and can break though lines. Struggles to defend one on one, and is well down the pecking order at Brisbane. He might be better in the forward line as a pressure forward or maybe on the wing with clear instructions. This was really a wasted year for him, wasn’t in the best 25, but showed promise last year. I would probably let him go to WAFL and see if he has desire to get back into AFL.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Very unlikely to get traded after saying he wants to go home, if the Eagles or Dockers want to give him a shot they just wait till he is delisted, would be a 4th rounder at best anyway.

Got great skills but appears not to have the dedication to be a consistent performer at AFL level, IMO he'll end up being a very good player in the WAFL.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Players like him would always struggle this year. Barely a chance at playing regular games no matter how hard he trained.

Eagles have got a lot out of players with similar early days work ethic/professionalism issues, and cut the ones that didn't (Murray Newman being outrun by John Worsfold rings a bell), while Freo are also seemingly developing a take no prisoners approach to it too, so I'd suggest he gets 1, maybe 2 years to make a genuine bonafide fist of it and if he doesn't, he'll have to make do with the state league comp.

4th rounder

Some_guy

Senior List
Aug 27, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If he gets traded it will only be a token pick, Probably more likely DFA.

Saying that he has all the talent to make it in the AFL, just hasn't put it together

jono23

Senior List
Sep 15, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't think it will be a DFA pick up. The fact he wasn't delisted this week along with the other Lions players suggests there is a bit of interest from a WA club(s), so they'll work out a trade for a late pick to get him home.

Royboy1961

Senior List
Nov 15, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Is he any good lions fans? What's the honest critique of his game?
Cedric Cox has always been highly rated by the Lions and that is why he has been on our list for the last few years. He has elite speed and his disposal by foot on either side is also very good. He can run at pace and hit a leading forward on the chest from about 40 metres. For whatever reason he has not made the firsts and has not been cited even as an emergency this year. One of his biggest weaknesses is that he does not seem to get that much of the ball ie can’t find his own ball. He has been trialed as a half back flanker mainly due to his speed and exquisite skills and also played on the half forward line from time to time. He is a player you like to see with the ball in his hand as he normally does something constructive with it. I reckon his value would be mid to late second rounder or early 3rd rounder if both Fremantle and West Coast are interested.

“Requests trade to wa club”
ROFL.....
I’m assuming he meant wafl club?

We didn't delist him last week so there might be some interest between WC and Freo. Token pick trade.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
you know what? After seeing some of his Highlights, I dont mind him on a one year deal. Can play on a wing or half forward flank.

If he is motiviated, I think he can Prove himself. Justin Longmuir can motivate him to be a solid player to be honest.

you know what? After seeing some of his Highlights, I dont mind him on a one year deal. Can play on a wing or half forward flank.

If he is motiviated, I think he can Prove himself. Justin Longmuir can motivate him to be a solid player to be honest.

He looked alright kicking into F50 last year.. some of the kicks were deft, well weighted in traffic to leading forwards. Cedric definitely has good skills, it's unfortunate he didn't get going with us. If you could motivate him, he'll turn out to be a good player overall.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
He looked alright kicking into F50 last year.. some of the kicks were deft, well weighted in traffic to leading forwards. Cedric definitely has good skills, it's unfortunate he didn't get going with us. If you could motivate him, he'll turn out to be a good player overall.
well if freo gives your team a 2021 4th or 5th rounder, take it and run.

Its weird. Yes I know its wikipedia.

So 13 games from 2017-2020. 8 in 2017, 4 games in 2018, 1 in 2019 and 0 games in 2020.

Weird as he played only one game in 2 seasons. Lions Made finals in the last 2 years. He looked good in the 1st 2 years. I half expected him to improve and be rotated in and out of the Lions best 22. Or at the very worst play 3-5 games each in the last 2 years to try and boost up some value out of him.

Back