Remove this Banner Ad

Craze

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
I love sport. I love the commitment, discipline, sacrifice that comes with being 'the greatest'.

Here are my Top 10 sporting accomplishments, by teams and individuals, of 2019:

10. Marc Marquez, Spain. He's absolutely flying this year, dominating for the Honda factory team. Backing up after a dominant 2018, Marquez has a firm hand on what will be his ninth Grand Prix world championship.

marc-marquez-profile-pic.jpg

9. Carissa Moore, Hawaii (USA). 3 time world champion surfer, and with a comfortable lead in the 2019 ASP World Tour.

CarissaMoore-1280x853.jpg

8. Rafael Nadal, Spain. The 33 year-old has a narrow lead over Novak Djokovic in the race to end 2019 as World Number 1 men's tennis player. An incredible achievement considering the injuries he has overcome. An all-time great with 19 majors to his name, having just won his 12th French Open. I'm not a huge fan of the sport, but you have to admire this superstar.

ATP-1000-Monte-Carlo-Masters.jpg

7. Steve Smith, Australia. Relieved of captaincy duties, Smith has returned from his ridiculous exile in devastating form. The best since Bradman. His technique is a cricket coach's nightmare, but is incredibly effective. In the 2019 Ashes series, Smith plundered 774 runs on bowler-friendly pitches in England, after being concussed early in the series and missing a test. He now has a test batting average of 65. England flogs - please keep booing him, whilst turning a blind eye to your own ball tampering cheats.

https---prod.static9.net.au-fs-a4351f6e-60bd-4ed6-ab79-3de1392461be.jpg

6. Meg Lanning, Australia. Without doubt the world's best female cricketer in 2019. In limited over versions of the game, Meg dominates with the bat. The first Australian cricketer (male or female) to score 2,000 runs in Twenty20's.

26Lanning-ton.jpg

5. The New England Patriots, USA. The Bill Bilichick/Tm Brady combination has netted 6 Super Bowl wins from 2001 to 2019. So far in 2019 the Patriots have an imposing 7-0 record, and it would be a brave person to bet against the Patriots claiming a 4th Super Bowl in 6 years.

GettyImages-1127233010.jpg

4. Liverpool FC, England. Millions of devoted Liverpool fans around the world will be hoping the Reds go one step further and complete the Premier League/Champions League double in 2020. They're off to a reasonable start in the league this year, and with 3 of the ten best players in world football, are poised to return to the glory days of the 70's and 80's.

thumb_88400_default_news_size_5.jpg

3. Christian Coleman, USA. Whilst the world's attention was focused on what Richmond were doing in the AFL in Melbourne, on 28th September Coleman quietly went about his work and dominated the field in the blue ribbon 100m sprint at the World Championships in Doha. Coleman ran the 6th fastest time in the history of the sport, and then backed up for the USA victory in the 4 x 100 men's relay.

4013.jpg

2. The New Zealand All Blacks, NZ. About to the win another World Cup (which would be their 4th overall, and 3rd in succession), the All Blacks have a 77% winning record against all nations. An absolute machine, they consistently produce champions all over the field, and are clearly the second most dominant team in world sports today, behind ...

1571891026804.jpg

1. The Richmond Football Club, Australia. How good is it to have the number one rated team in world sport coming from Australia, right here in the sporting capital of the world, Melbourne? When you look at how Richmond dismantled the much-hyped GWS Giants at the MCG, it comes as no surprise that the Tigers would be rated number 1. Following their glorious victory in the VFL, the Cotchin-led Tigers played flawless football. No-one can remember a more comprehensive victory in an AFL Grand Final. The final score of 17.12.114 to 3.7.25 represents the highest percentage-winning scoreline in any grand final, ever. Now with 103,000 members, this club is clearly the biggest in the world of sport, and we expect the dominance to continue in 2020.

Richmond-PRemiers-.jpg

Hey I'm just starting a thread trying to celebrate the great achievements in world sport. Gee you people can be negative. If you don't like my rankings, come up with your own, or start your own thread.

I love sport. I love the commitment, discipline, sacrifice that comes with being 'the greatest'.

Here are my Top 10 sporting accomplishments, by teams and individuals, of 2019:

10. Marc Marquez, Spain. He's absolutely flying this year, dominating for the Honda factory team. Backing up after a dominant 2018, Marquez has a firm hand on what will be his ninth Grand Prix world championship.

View attachment 770523

9. Carissa Moore, Hawaii (USA). 3 time world champion surfer, and with a comfortable lead in the 2019 ASP World Tour.

View attachment 770524

8. Rafael Nadal, Spain. The 33 year-old has a narrow lead over Novak Djokovic in the race to end 2019 as World Number 1 men's tennis player. An incredible achievement considering the injuries he has overcome. An all-time great with 19 majors to his name, having just won his 12th French Open. I'm not a huge fan of the sport, but you have to admire this superstar.

View attachment 770543

7. Steve Smith, Australia. Relieved of captaincy duties, Smith has returned from his ridiculous exile in devastating form. The best since Bradman. His technique is a cricket coach's nightmare, but is incredibly effective. In the 2019 Ashes series, Smith plundered 774 runs on bowler-friendly pitches in England, after being concussed early in the series and missing a test. He now has a test batting average of 65. England flogs - please keep booing him, whilst turning a blind eye to your own ball tampering cheats.

View attachment 770544

6. Meg Lanning, Australia. Without doubt the world's best female cricketer in 2019. In limited over versions of the game, Meg dominates with the bat. The first Australian cricketer (male or female) to score 2,000 runs in Twenty20's.

View attachment 770530

5. The New England Patriots, USA. The Bill Bilichick/Tm Brady combination has netted 6 Super Bowl wins from 2001 to 2019. So far in 2019 the Patriots have an imposing 7-0 record, and it would be a brave person to bet against the Patriots claiming a 4th Super Bowl in 6 years.

View attachment 770533

4. Liverpool FC, England. Millions of devoted Liverpool fans around the world will be hoping the Reds go one step further and complete the Premier League/Champions League double in 2020. They're off to a reasonable start in the league this year, and with 3 of the ten best players in world football, are poised to return to the glory days of the 70's and 80's.

View attachment 770537

3. Christian Coleman, USA. Whilst the world's attention was focused on what Richmond were doing in the AFL in Melbourne, on 28th September Coleman quietly went about his work and dominated the field in the blue ribbon 100m sprint at the World Championships in Doha. Coleman ran the 6th fastest time in the history of the sport, and then backed up for the USA victory in the 4 x 100 men's relay.

View attachment 770538

2. The New Zealand All Blacks, NZ. About to the win another World Cup (which would be their 4th overall, and 3rd in succession), the All Blacks have a 77% winning record against all nations. An absolute machine, they consistently produce champions all over the field, and are clearly the second most dominant team in world sports today, behind ...

View attachment 770541

1. The Richmond Football Club, Australia. How good is it to have the number one rated team in world sport coming from Australia, right here in the sporting capital of the world, Melbourne? When you look at how Richmond dismantled the much-hyped GWS Giants at the MCG, it comes as no surprise that the Tigers would be rated number 1. Following their glorious victory in the VFL, the Cotchin-led Tigers played flawless football. No-one can remember a more comprehensive victory in an AFL Grand Final. The final score of 17.12.114 to 3.7.25 represents the highest percentage-winning scoreline in any grand final, ever. Now with 103,000 members, this club is clearly the biggest in the world of sport, and we expect the dominance to continue in 2020.

View attachment 770545
Ash Barty,world number one, the diminutive Tigeress at number 2 please. The Richmond story is a remarkable one and will go down in history as a win for the people and a win for football. Benny Gale, what an incredible operator.

Last edited:
Ash Barty,world number one, the diminutive Tigeress at number 2 please. The Richmond story is a remarkable one and will go down in history as a win for the people and a win for football. Benny Gale, what an incredible operator.
After choking in the World Cup semi last night, the All Blacks drop off my list. Ash Barty in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The two biggest dh's at Collingwood, Cox and Pendulbarry, should retire at the end of next year. I look forward to the day when Maguire and his rent boy Buckley leave forever so Ross Lyon and Mick Malthouse can take charge.

Read the title of the thread, I'm a d1ckhead! Got it? On ya champ!!
Read the record book minnow

15 flags to 12, you lost 3 Grand Finals in a row to Collingwood... and we stole your Threepeat and ruined the only success your sad minnow arse has ever seen...

Sleep tight puddin pop

3-peat.jpg

Read the record book minnow

15 flags to 12, you lost 3 Grand Finals in a row to Collingwood... and we stole your Threepeat and ruined the only success your sad minnow arse has ever seen...

Sleep tight puddin pop

View attachment 773148

Lost 3 in a row in the 1920's. Congratulations champ. Gotta go back almost 100 years for your 'Yeah, but....' moment. At first I thought you were a moron, but now ...... you've removed all doubt.

Didnt some forget to explain to Collingwood supporters that you cant even win a onepeat if you keep choking in Grand Finals?

Did you ever try to fire up that lonely brain cell and realise that we are on number 1, 2017 was just a bit of practise and 2018 was worth missing just to see the return of the Colliwobbles and Eddies face.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back