Celebrities that follow the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hey guys just for a bit of fun thought we might make a list of celebs that follow the MIGHTY LIONS

I'll start us off with Bill lawry

Re: Celebraties that follow the Lions

gee I gotta stop writting topic thread in a rush I stuffed it up again

didn't know big Karl followed the Lions

Re: Celebraties that fully the Lions

Thread title is a shocker.

Assuming you mean celebrities that follow the Lions...

Neil Diamond

Kevin Rudd
Robbie Williams
Jerry Lewis
Peter Hollingworth (former #1 ticket holder)
Greg Norman (former #1 ticket holder)
Julie Anthony

"Follow" is a subjective term though. I'm sure some of them couldn't name 5 current players.

I thought Greg Norman was a Richmond fan and I thought Bert never followed the lions post merger. I remember on grand final day 03 he said he would be barracking for Collingwood

I thought Greg Norman was a Richmond fan and I thought Bert never followed the lions post merger. I remember on grand final day 03 he said he would be barracking for Collingwood

I think you might be right about Bert, and for that comment he will unfortunately be going straight to hell.

I Know this will be a little controversial but I really don't understand Fitzroy supporters that don't follow us. If its good enough for Kevin murray ir should be good enough for anyone

I Know this will be a little controversial but I really don't understand Fitzroy supporters that don't follow us. If its good enough for Kevin murray ir should be good enough for anyone

This post has the potential to derail your own thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know that John Blackman definitely dropped off supporting us when the merger happened but who remembers:

- Gil Tucker of The Cop Shop fame
- Amanda Duncan now of Spray n Wipe fame!
- Wally Masur posing in Fitzroy guersney before a Davis Cup tie vs the United States c.1995
- Kylie Minogue's first ever public performance as a singer was at a FFC Family Day!

I Know this will be a little controversial but I really don't understand Fitzroy supporters that don't follow us.

Really??

Where do you want me to start?

While there are many good reasons for Roys supporters to follow the Lions, (I do, although my interest has waned recently) there are plenty of good reasons not to, as well. The Lions should be maximising the reasons for and minimising the reasons against as much as possible. Unfortunately at various stages they've done the opposite.

Shall we go through the events of 2010 to start with and work our way back to 1996?

If its good enough for Kevin murray ir should be good enough for anyone

What about Bernie Quinlan and John Murphy?

AndHereWeGo.gif

Matthew Hayden i believe is a lions fan....

I remember him being interviewed on the Cricket Show at lunch i think in 2003 and him saying how stoked he was that Brisbane had won the premiership...:thumbsu:
How nice it is to know that the greatest batsmen ive ever seen watches the greatest CHF ive ever seen at the mighty Gabba where he spent many a summer carving it up!

Think I remember someone telling me that Craig "Voice of the AFL" Willis is a Lions man too.

Yeah he is, I actually met him through a friend. Had a pow wow with him about the Lions and then asked him what he did to earn a crust, he said some TV and radio work. I asked 'Anything I would know?' :eek:

[youtube]xwWYeVO5RBg[/youtube]

Go to 1:09, plus he's with Dora the Explorer, so maybe she can find the remnants of our season.

I know the late big Kev was a lions fan but not liked by the club as was only ever seen on grand final day

John Faine who presents mornings on ABC Melbourne is a big lions fan

Someone Brisbane based may be able toconfimr but I have a feeling Kieran perkins might be a lions fan but I;m not sure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back