Celebrity North supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

That was the one. Was 2010 though so Josh Gizson had already departed but we had future HOFers Ayden and Aaron in his place so it didn't matter.
The one I'm thinking of was either 2008 or 2009 as Gibbo was definitely there. I think it was the week of the bye that Shagger got a bit loose on the golf course.

I'm pretty sure Sabra Lane of the ABC can be added to the list.

(For those BF'ers who aren't overly hard core news junkies, she hosted The 7.30 Report on tv for a while and now runs the AM programme on ABC radio.)

2X5uNwPrGD-s65yBDHR56JDnQQjGJXPaBMFktdx0sOc-o88DRmAxRtyT43qrPyp0UdHqMSmrI8xdimJrQZqY9U9R7-Ps0-zitmGDA2WmYOqZpo8=w512-h288-nc

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Many times in other similar threads.
Given this comment, if any of you 'super mods' has the time or inclination, it'd be great to find and merge the various threads - how many would there be? - for future newbie reference and to consolidate them for us older members.

Fair enough too. I think there's some sort of policy about exposed tats, yeah?

Damned predictive text.

Given this comment, if any of you 'super mods' has the time or inclination, it'd be great to find and merge the various threads - how many would there be? - for future newbie reference and to consolidate them for us older members.

If anyone else has the time to search for the links and post them here we can definitely merge them all, no probs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lizzie recently joined as a 3-game member. But after watching tonight's game on her iPad from London, she's microwaved her membership.

View attachment 382361

At least she looks a tad happier than I did as we left the ground last night, the first time since 2000, that I've left before the end. In defence it was Ms Horace's idea to leave early, because of a couple of rather disturbing health issues we had heard about family and friends during the game.

At least she looks a tad happier than I did as we left the ground last night, the first time since 2000, that I've left before the end. In defence it was Ms Horace's idea to leave early, because of a couple of rather disturbing health issues we had heard about family and friends during the game.

Hope everyone's ok.

Hope everyone's ok.

Thanks mate. As okay as can be expected. Mrs. H's mother, is 86 and pretty ill and has been for a while. May or may not make it this time, although she is pretty tough and pulled through a few situations in the past. Was a smoker when younger and now has very little lung capacity left. When you see what it has done to her over the last 10/15 years you would wonder why anyone is silly enough to partake of the cancer sticks.

Also the husband of one of Mrs. H's close friends was diagnosed with bowell cancer this week through a routine colonoscopy. Caught early, had surgery straightaway and should be okay. Make sure you get that area checked out as you get older everyone as it is a real killer and hard to know about unless you get looked at regularly.

To top it off Ms H sits next to a lovely NM supporter at Etihad home games, who she has struck up a real bond with. This grandma's husband died a fortnight ago, rather sad circumstances and all of three of these situations rocked her. Obviously she knew about her Grandma before we went to the game but found about the other two situations during the game and they got to her.

She was sad enough seeing Boomer go around before the game; like me believes the decision on Boomer was wrong; plus viewed a terrible performance from the club; and then has the other situations, got to her last night. Plus she also had to get up early this morning to go to work as a chiropractor so thought getting home relatively early and getting a reasonable nights sleep made good sense.

That's pretty full on. Give Mrs H our best. Thats a hard thing to go thru. One of my best mates just lost his mum.

I'm thinking about starting regular health checks in including b owel cancer scans. I'll be 50 in a couple of years, will have 3 kids (all being well) under 10 and have only really been to Drs or hospital for injuries in the last however long its been. I need to start checking that stuff out. Its hard to tho. Scary and daunting and also ... I find its hard to admit you're vulnerable and need someone else's help for your basic health.

I smoked durries since my early 20s for about 20 years. Only took them up cos I was working in pubs and clubs and developed an addiction to nicotine thru second hand smoke. Tried to quit repeatedly, sometimes for years but it wasn't till the first kid was coming that I really stopped. Its horrible how slowly your lungs recover. I've also been exposed to some pretty toxic smoke over the years as a volunteer fire fighter. There are some fires I can look back at and say that day my lungs copped some irreversible damage - its been noticeable since that fire. Its scary if you think about it too much.

I just realised he was the guy that beat the s**t out of Logan Paul. He should be given a knighthood, a VC and the Congressional Medal of Honour just for that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back