cats56

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
in a house
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
The long awaited double bill is happening @ The Corner on Fri. 15th July. I see Johnny Onya replaces the late Robbie Watts in the Psycho's.

I'd rate The Rifles as the best live Oz band i've had the pleasure to witness, with the Psychos not far behind.

Just got my tix. and looking forward to this gig.

What a sensational double act. Hope the show makes its way upto Sydney.

Everytime I have seen the Rifles it has been a very entertaining show.

Dunno much about the CR's, but the CP's are the most appallingly bad bunch of inept non-musicians I've ever had the sheer misfortune of witnessing. Worst band in Australia's history.

The long awaited double bill is happening @ The Corner on Fri. 15th July. I see Johnny Onya replaces the late Robbie Watts in the Psycho's.

I'd rate The Rifles as the best live Oz band i've had the pleasure to witness, with the Psychos not far behind.

Go and say g'day to Ross Knight for me, ask him if he ever wants to work at Western General again too. :)

Staying in town that night with the Mrs. celebrating our wedding anniversary ... heading out to "Centro" in Clarendon st for the best Italian in town then off to a mutually chosen gig ....

Said to the wife ..."you would not find a more romantic way to spend an evening"

What are my chances ?

I`ll keep pitching :eek:

Staying in town that night with the Mrs. celebrating our wedding anniversary ... heading out to "Centro" in Clarendon st for the best Italian in town then off to a mutually chosen gig ....

Said to the wife ..."you would not find a more romantic way to spend an evening"

What are my chances ?

I`ll keep pitching :eek:

Getting her a ticket to the gig would be the perfect anniversary present, wouldn't it?:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great gig. Just realised how long it's been since i'd seen these bands.

Johnny Onya did an admirable job on guitar, Dean Muller was ok on drums although i'd prefer Bill Walsh. Incidentally besides Dung what is Muller's heritage? I'm sure i've seen him play before, but where? Knight look's grizzlier and meaner than ever and drove it beautifully with his piledriving, fuzzed up bass. A classic Psycho's set, and opener's don't get much finer than "Pub".

Would have prefered The Rifles as a headline act, with a longer set, but they dug out a few relics from the past and Lovelock is the master frontman. Steedman's guitar appeared to be a little buried in the mix, did anyone else notice this?

Wasn't Muller in Voodoo Lust? Brissie band of the late 80's, had a couple of things out on Rattlesnake Records.
Mrs Lindner and I were planning on seeing X last night at the Espy instead of this gig as it turned out we are both a bit under the weather and missed that as well. Ended up staying home and watching the footy. Oh dear I am getting old:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back