Springbank
Gordon
Bungaree
Dunnstown
Creswick
Newlyn
Hepburn
Daylesford
Trentham (from Maryborough Castlemaine FL)

West Division - 10 clubs
Rokewood Corindhap
Illabarook
Skipton
Carngham Linton
Buninyong
Beaufort
Lexton (from Maryborough Castlemaine FL)
Waubra
Learmonth
Clunes

Maryborough Castlemaine FL would reduce to a more managable 12 clubs.

Why would we want to break the league up in any way? Its just gives te BFL the chance to get their noses in.
I say leave it as is! If clubs struggle down bottom all the time then Darwins theories of evolution will take over. If you want to make it easier for bottom clubs then introduce a points sytem for recruiting or the like. End of thread

It will be interesting what will happen next year with the Central Highlands FL. I hear the CHFL, MCDFL & the BFL may come under the one administration umbrella. I'm not sure if thats a directive from the VCFL or if its a push from the BFL administration.

The Central Highlands is becoming a fairly strong league these days, and I have heard that they would like to stay as a seperate entity.

Anyways we will wait and see what happens.

It will be interesting what will happen next year with the Central Highlands FL. I hear the CHFL, MCDFL & the BFL may come under the one administration umbrella. I'm not sure if thats a directive from the VCFL or if its a push from the BFL administration.

The Central Highlands is becoming a fairly strong league these days, and I have heard that they would like to stay as a seperate entity.

Anyways we will wait and see what happens.

would be very interesting to see what happens in the coming years. The Geelong football league and Bellarine football league are both opperated under the "football geelong" banner and function very well while the Geelong and District FL opperating by itself, and opperates just as strongly. there is some people who want the 3 geelong leagues to be split into divisions aswell. personally i think that if divisions are to be set up in ballarat fl and/or CHFL it would destroy rivalries and almost destroy success for clubs and ensure the strong clubs stay strong due to better players wanting to play in the "higher" standard division.

although very interesting to wonder what might come.

would be very interesting to see what happens in the coming years. The Geelong football league and Bellarine football league are both opperated under the "football geelong" banner and function very well while the Geelong and District FL opperating by itself, and opperates just as strongly. there is some people who want the 3 geelong leagues to be split into divisions aswell. personally i think that if divisions are to be set up in ballarat fl and/or CHFL it would destroy rivalries and almost destroy success for clubs and ensure the strong clubs stay strong due to better players wanting to play in the "higher" standard division.

although very interesting to wonder what might come.

The CHFL and the GDFL should remain as seperate entities. Both are operating quite well, have pretty good administration and are well off financially. Moreover I think the structure of the CHFL with all sides playing on the same day at the venue should be the archetype for every league. It means that it is a manageable day out for the whole family.

I don't see the CHFL board separating the league into 2 divisions, they wont have the courage to tell long time members of the league that they should be in the second division, will cause too much of a ruckus for proud clubs who feel they deserve to be in the top flight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back