Central Highlands FL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Clunes may not be in CHFL next Year

Andyt33 are you really Damien Barrett? Where on earth would you get such an amazing scoop? Keep the news coming while you're on a roll. Maybe have a go at predicting who will win last years flag.

Andyt33 are you really Damien Barrett? Where on earth would you get such an amazing scoop? Keep the news coming while you're on a roll. Maybe have a go at predicting who will win last years flag.
its been all over the media , the Ballarat Couirer and win news sport

I have only played a few games of footy and I'm looking to join a team for next season, so I'm hoping to join a team for the pre season at the end of this year. Does anyone have an idea of any clubs where I could get a kick in the twos? my ball skills are ok and I'm pretty fit at the moment. Had a look at some of the higher clubs but they've got a lot of boys already. Any help would be great guys, thanks.

Clunes decided to stay in Central Highlands

New article in the Courier about Ballan writing a letter to the League to look at setting up 2 Leagues as per Carngham Linton's application . They want an East and West League. Also a rumour about Waubra not getting as much money from the wind tower company?

Interested in goin to watch a game down the hwy coming from melb. Just wondering which team has the biggest supporter base out of gordon bungaree and springbank. Would imagine gordon would have the littelest supporter base. Any info on them 3 clubs would be appreciated

Interested in goin to watch a game down the hwy coming from melb. Just wondering which team has the biggest supporter base out of gordon bungaree and springbank. Would imagine gordon would have the littelest supporter base. Any info on them 3 clubs would be appreciated
i think Gordon has a massive support every time i been to gordon its always hard to find parking

Depends on who and where they are playing mate but generally Bungaree would have the biggest following. Not the most welcoming club though. Gordon do have a strong following especially at home. If you want a really strong supporter base take a trip out to Hepburn, double the head count out there. Take a raincoat though, if you are brave enough to support the opposition there is a good chance you'll get spat on. If it's good footy you're after, go to Springbank. Very good side when they're up & about.

Depends on who and where they are playing mate but generally Bungaree would have the biggest following. Not the most welcoming club though. Gordon do have a strong following especially at home. If you want a really strong supporter base take a trip out to Hepburn, double the head count out there. Take a raincoat though, if you are brave enough to support the opposition there is a good chance you'll get spat on. If it's good footy you're after, go to Springbank. Very good side when they're up & about.

Thanks for the reply mate, how come bungaree arnt welcoming? Had a look at all 3 facilities the other day when in ballarat and would like to follow a team down that way. Bungaree has fantastic rooms, gordon looks like an old school country club, only reason I thought of small following was gordon being out of ballarat a fair way and small town. Pity it's the last game of the year as I would look at all 3 clubs and see what is most welcoming. Hepburn sounds like a great club but just to far away from my home mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the reply mate, how come bungaree arnt welcoming? Had a look at all 3 facilities the other day when in ballarat and would like to follow a team down that way. Bungaree has fantastic rooms, gordon looks like an old school country club, only reason I thought of small following was gordon being out of ballarat a fair way and small town. Pity it's the last game of the year as I would look at all 3 clubs and see what is most welcoming. Hepburn sounds like a great club but just to far away from my home mate.

Don't know what it is about Bungaree, I've just found they tend to keep to themselves a bit, more so than other clubs. Great new facilities though. Most clubs facilities are good now although there are a few exceptions. I may have been exaggerating a bit re Hepburn. But only a bit. It's definitely an experience going there, but it's good for a laugh sometimes with the banter in the crowd. But they are as feral as it gets. Which I think they probably wear as a badge of honour so good on em. In my experience with the league it won't matter where you go, you'll find somebody to have a beer with and have a good day out and see a pretty good standard of country footy with a good dose of passion chucked in. (something that's sadly lacking in the other league around here) Good luck.

Have to disagree with you RE: Bungaree in that one, found them to be one of the more welcoming clubs in the league

Don't know what it is about Bungaree, I've just found they tend to keep to themselves a bit, more so than other clubs. Great new facilities though. Most clubs facilities are good now although there are a few exceptions. I may have been exaggerating a bit re Hepburn. But only a bit. It's definitely an experience going there, but it's good for a laugh sometimes with the banter in the crowd. But they are as feral as it gets. Which I think they
probably wear as a badge of honour so good on em. In my experience with the league it won't matter where you go, you'll find somebody to have a beer with and
have a good day out and see a pretty good standard of country footy with a good
dose of passion chucked in. (something that's sadly lacking in the other league
around here) Good luck.

Thanks mate, i have heard the bfl lacks supporters but hear chfnl is great community clubs. I naturally assumed springbank would have the biggest following, bungaree and then Gordon. Going to have a look at Gordon vs waubra tomorrow as I assume bungaree will get a final which I can have a look then. Springbank ground get a final?

Thanks mate, i have heard the bfl lacks supporters but hear chfnl is great community clubs. I naturally assumed springbank would have the biggest following, bungaree and then Gordon. Going to have a look at Gordon vs waubra tomorrow as I assume bungaree will get a final which I can have a look then. Springbank ground get a final?
its harder to find parking @ Gordon as u see cars park out in the street

They usually play finals at Springbank. Depends on what shape the surface is in.

They usually play finals at Springbank. Depends on what shape the surface is in.
finals so far are at EF1 Learmonth, QF1 Waubra,EF2 Bungaree, QF2 Dunnstown semi finals venues to be announced

Now that the finals are upon us, I was wondering what everyone's predictions were!?

Mine- Springbank to win the flag

And this week-
SPRINGBANK v Buninyong - 30pts
GORDON v Bungaree - 24pts
Beaufort v HEPBURN - 60pts
WAUBRA v Ballan - 20pts

Now that the finals are upon us, I was wondering what everyone's predictions were!?

Mine- Springbank to win the flag

And this week-
SPRINGBANK v Buninyong - 30pts
GORDON v Bungaree - 24pts
Beaufort v HEPBURN - 60pts
WAUBRA v Ballan - 20pts

Mine- Bungaree to win the Flag

waubra v BALLAN 20 pts
SPRINGBANK v Buninyong- 40 pts
Gordon vs BUNGAREE 30 pts
Beaufort v HEPBURn 10 pt

Don't know what it is about Bungaree, I've just found they tend to keep to themselves a bit, more so than other clubs. Great new facilities though. Most clubs facilities are good now although there are a few exceptions. I may have been exaggerating a bit re Hepburn. But only a bit. It's definitely an experience going there, but it's good for a laugh sometimes with the banter in the crowd. But they are as feral as it gets. Which I think they probably wear as a badge of honour so good on em. In my experience with the league it won't matter where you go, you'll find somebody to have a beer with and have a good day out and see a pretty good standard of country footy with a good dose of passion chucked in. (something that's sadly lacking in the other league around here) Good luck.

Had a great day out last Saturday as I went and floated around games at bungaree, springbank and Gordon. Went to bungaree expecting a huge crowd and was disappointed. Great rooms but the general feel to me it was felt a little bit soulless, not sure if it was a lack of crowd but would have had the fewest people there. springbank didn't have many there either but I expected that as they were playing smythsdale. still more than bungaree tho.

gordon was the big surprise as the crowd would have to be 3 to 4 times bigger than the other games. Incredible community feel flowing through the club as people from the canteen to the gate keeper to the beer attendant all keen to have a chat. As I said the crowd was humongous, they had 3 blokes play 250 games in the ressies. One of the best things I've ever seen in local footy was seen at gordon on sat. Before the seniors game they had kids of disability from a local organisation, they got the kids out on the ground and taken a photo with all senior players. The pres yelled out to the senior coach to bring the group over as there was a kid who was in a wheelchair. Next thing you no two of the ressies player carried the little girl in a wheelchair out onto and off the ground for the photo. It brought goosebumps to me. One negative was the ground, would have to be the worst ground condition in the league I'm guessing? Dropped in for a beer on the way home at the gordon pub, the publican was a very proud of her team, had a chat for about ten mins, she reckons gordon have the biggest following in the league and she is hopeing for a springbank v gordon grand final as it could break crowd records. Left the footy with a smile and defiantly being a Gordon supporter. Hope to get up there for a final to watch gordon.

Had a great day out last Saturday as I went and floated around games at bungaree, springbank and Gordon. Went to bungaree expecting a huge crowd and was disappointed. Great rooms but the general feel to me it was felt a little bit soulless, not sure if it was a lack of crowd but would have had the fewest people there. springbank didn't have many there either but I expected that as they were playing smythsdale. still more than bungaree tho.

gordon was the big surprise as the crowd would have to be 3 to 4 times bigger than the other games. Incredible community feel flowing through the club as people from the canteen to the gate keeper to the beer attendant all keen to have a chat. As I said the crowd was humongous, they had 3 blokes play 250 games in the ressies. One of the best things I've ever seen in local footy was seen at gordon on sat. Before the seniors game they had kids of disability from a local organisation, they got the kids out on the ground and taken a photo with all senior players. The pres yelled out to the senior coach to bring the group over as there was a kid who was in a wheelchair. Next thing you no two of the ressies player carried the little girl in a wheelchair out onto and off the ground for the photo. It brought goosebumps to me. One negative was the ground, would have to be the worst ground condition in the league I'm guessing? Dropped in for a beer on the way home at the gordon pub, the publican was a very proud of her team, had a chat for about ten mins, she reckons gordon have the biggest following in the league and she is hopeing for a springbank v gordon grand final as it could break crowd records. Left the footy with a smile and defiantly being a Gordon supporter. Hope to get up there for a final to watch gordon.

years ago every game i been to u have to go early to get a park on the fence it seems these days people stay home to Watch AFL rather then supporting their club which is dissapointing soon they wont have a local club to support coming from the Mallee we always had huge crowds even from The Smaller towns u have 2 rows of parking around the ground

years ago every game i been to u have to go early to get a park on the fence it seems these days people stay home to Watch AFL rather then supporting their club which is dissapointing soon they wont have a local club to support coming from the Mallee we always had huge crowds even from The Smaller towns u have 2 rows of parking around the ground
Some might just have other sports to go to.
The last local game my owner was at was skipton vs clunes. It was packed there.

Should be packed this weekend with finals starting up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back