Super Hans

marcus proudson
10k Posts Pokemon is Life SuperCoach Club Board Championship League Member
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
TrailBlazers, Juventus, Raiders
Any news on who is looking good and who is looking bad? How will dunnstown go this year?
I've heard Newlyn are looking really good. Have gone out and spent some decent coin on getting two former Ballarat miners basketball players to the club to play up forward. Pretty ballsy move.

Footynuffie

Draftee
Jan 3, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
WRFL club looking for Practice Matches March 19, and April 2nd. Can host! Under 18/19's, reserves and Seniors. Please message me here if your club is interested. Thanks

Raginardon

Debutant
Apr 12, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just got wind of Justin Mconnell coaching Ballan, great recruit, and top bloke. He will bring the cattle to put this club into regular finals, that
being said ballan are known to eat there own...
Hope he can remain or Darley will come knocking.

Kick It To Me !

Debutant
Feb 18, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just got wind of Justin Mconnell coaching Ballan, great recruit, and top bloke. He will bring the cattle to put this club into regular finals, that
being said ballan are known to eat there own...
Hope he can remain or Darley will come knocking.

Lets get this thread going, Ballan have had a great pre season, some really good recruits and practice match form has been really good, beat Yarraville/Seddon by nearly 20 goals and they are tipped to finish top 3 in wrfl div 2.

Anyone got some tips for the year ? I feel Ballan will be top 4 and then anything can happen after that.

Cats2011

Rookie
May 6, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Geelong
Results went pretty much as expected on the weekend, the only upset/tough game was Bungaree getting over Gordon. Some good games this week with Beaufort playing Springbank and Bungaree taking on Ballan. My tips for this week:
Beaufort v SPRINGBANK - 18 points
BUNGAREE v Ballan - 7 points
BUNINGYONG v Daylesford - 60 points
CRESWICK v Clunes - 50 points
Dunnstown v NEWLYN - 20 points
Cargnham v GORDON - 100 points
HEPBURN v Learmonth - 40 points
Rokewood v WAUBRA - 50 points
SKIPTON v Smythesdale - 40 points

Kick It To Me !

Debutant
Feb 18, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anybody been watching u/18s?

I went and watched Bungaree V Ballan last week, Bungaree unfurled their Flag from Last year.

Very good game, the ball movement from both sides was quick with minimal mistakes, I think both sides will be top 4. Ballan's third quarter was the difference.

Cats2011

Rookie
May 6, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Geelong
Player points can now be seen on sporting pulse. Noticed in Round 3 Springbank used 43 out of 42 points, would this be an error? And if not what is the penalty for exceeding the points?

Premiers2012

Debutant
Nov 25, 2010
Ballarat
AFL Club
Collingwood
Very well done by Skipton! Great to see they are working hard to climb, hope Middleton can really get the club heading in the right direction.
Looks like the 8 is almost set apart from the 3 teams fighting for 8th spot!

merrigan

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Redan
Wondering if I'm the only one who thinks league best and fairest awards voted by club umpires should be scrapped. When a kid kicks 136 goals in 15 games and doesn't win I think there is something wrong. For those that don't know what I'm talking about, I'm referring to The U'15 count and Izaac Grant in particular. Admittedly, I have not seen the winner from Bungaree play, and I'm not saying he is no good, but, 37 votes in a team that wins 5 games for the year? He must be Gary Ablett! In fairness, they also had 2 draws so quite comfortable that he could get maximums in those as well. But year after year these junior counts smell rotten. An U'18 winner whose father umpired every match, an U'15 winner who polled votes in a game he didn't play in, an U'15 announced as winner only to have it taken away 5 minutes later, now this. Can't help thinking that Grant, who would have been, IMO, the most deserving winner in the history of the comp, has paid the penalty for the perceived history of shadey tactics of his club in previous counts, with other clubs employing the same.

High_pants14

Rookie
Oct 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wondering if I'm the only one who thinks league best and fairest awards voted by club umpires should be scrapped. When a kid kicks 136 goals in 15 games and doesn't win I think there is something wrong. For those that don't know what I'm talking about, I'm referring to The U'15 count and Izaac Grant in particular. Admittedly, I have not seen the winner from Bungaree play, and I'm not saying he is no good, but, 37 votes in a team that wins 5 games for the year? He must be Gary Ablett! In fairness, they also had 2 draws so quite comfortable that he could get maximums in those as well. But year after year these junior counts smell rotten. An U'18 winner whose father umpired every match, an U'15 winner who polled votes in a game he didn't play in, an U'15 announced as winner only to have it taken away 5 minutes later, now this. Can't help thinking that Grant, who would have been, IMO, the most deserving winner in the history of the comp, has paid the penalty for the perceived history of shadey tactics of his club in previous counts, with other clubs employing the same.
What do u mean a kid was announced the winner & then taken off him? And how can u poll votes in a game u don't play in

Premiers2012

Debutant
Nov 25, 2010
Ballarat
AFL Club
Collingwood
I certainly think there is still a place for these best and fairests, in Izaac Grants case he was playing in a top side and therefore had other players in his team to take votes off him unlike O'Keefe who was clearly a standout in an average side! The winner that had it taken away was from human error when counting, I'm not sure who you're referring to about father umpiring?
I do agree these awards have issues but I think people understand with volunteers umpiring and an uneven comp it's hard to be perfect!

Kick It To Me !

Debutant
Feb 18, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I certainly think there is still a place for these best and fairests, in Izaac Grants case he was playing in a top side and therefore had other players in his team to take votes off him unlike O'Keefe who was clearly a standout in an average side! The winner that had it taken away was from human error when counting, I'm not sure who you're referring to about father umpiring?
I do agree these awards have issues but I think people understand with volunteers umpiring and an uneven comp it's hard to be perfect!

How does Daniel Nielsen go ( Ballan FC ), maybe departing.

Kick It To Me !

Debutant
Feb 18, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
next week it will be revealed who's got the job .

I understand that Daniel has let the club know already, going to the next level.

The new club is about 40 minutes drive towards melbourne from Ballan.

Was seen recently watching Deer Park & Hoppers Crossing 2nd semi final and taliking to the committe and coach from one of those clubs.

shovel007

Debutant
Oct 1, 2008
barkstead
AFL Club
Carlton
I understand that Daniel has let the club know already, going to the next level.

The new club is about 40 minutes drive towards melbourne from Ballan.

Was seen recently watching Deer Park & Hoppers Crossing 2nd semi final and taliking to the committe and coach from one of those clubs.
Correct your on the money teddy .

Back