Central Highlands Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went out to skipton to see the arch rivals play knowing i would get a close game despite everyones tips of 10 goal wins to carngham. Fair to say i wasnt dissapointed. Skipton looked a shadow of there former self with big man tim mckay being the difference kicking 6 and taking plenty of marks although he looked like he struggled to move. Last quarter was fantastic with carngham getting in front befor 1 last goal to tim. From an outsiders point of view the umpiring was disgusting, skipton getting 20 plus more frees. Both teams will struggle and with carngham playing the worst 2 teams first up may not win again this year. There skills were terrible and over using the ball at times cost them dearly. Enjoyed watching a close one though!:thumbsu:

Went out to skipton to see the arch rivals play knowing i would get a close game despite everyones tips of 10 goal wins to carngham. Fair to say i wasnt dissapointed. Skipton looked a shadow of there former self with big man tim mckay being the difference kicking 6 and taking plenty of marks although he looked like he struggled to move. Last quarter was fantastic with carngham getting in front befor 1 last goal to tim. From an outsiders point of view the umpiring was disgusting, skipton getting 20 plus more frees. Both teams will struggle and with carngham playing the worst 2 teams first up may not win again this year. There skills were terrible and over using the ball at times cost them dearly. Enjoyed watching a close one though!:thumbsu:

they must be that bad for Tim Mckays short term retirement shelved
Tim kicked 7 you were 1 out lol
Carngham plays Springbank, Skipton plays Waubra, Illabarook plays Newlyn & Rokewood plays Ballan

Please tell me that this is some joke? If you think that C/L will not win a game for the rest of the year you are a brave man to publicly say that as the league is only 4 games into the season? bold words my friend

I didn't see many scores guys. Was just wondering how beaufort went. Did they get up by 4goals, 5 goals, 40,50,70 points. Or did they kick another cricket score. Oh wait, they did kick a cricket score, a Kenyan limited overs one. Well assessed again boys keep up the good work keyboard junkies! Haha

I didn't see many scores guys. Was just wondering how beaufort went. Did they get up by 4goals, 5 goals, 40,50,70 points. Or did they kick another cricket score. Oh wait, they did kick a cricket score, a Kenyan limited overs one. Well assessed again boys keep up the good work keyboard junkies! Haha

Gee sorry mate. Must rub you the wrong way when people tip against Clunes does it? Maybe you can put your tips up for next round instead of being wise after the event.

Nice gag mate. Kenya are averaging 203 this year and their lowest score is 147. Given that Beaufort beat Hepburn, you guys would have to be talking premierships now after your 7 point thumping of Beaufort.

Did you get your name in the best scoobiesook?
You can't say it wasn't an upset so settle down. Am sure your rightfully happy at Clunes, deservedly so after an good Upset.

Some more interesting games coming up this week. A lot could go either way.

And does it seem Gordon are destined for a finals campaign. They've had a tough start to year and looking solid enough. Are they the genuine article?

I'm not a clunes person at all. Just remember last week reading how beaufort will have it all their own way.

You should have a look through some of the AFL threads. I'm sure you'll be able to bag plenty of people who tipped Port and Brisbane by decent margins against Gold Coast.

You should have a look through some of the AFL threads. I'm sure you'll be able to bag plenty of people of who tipped Port and Brisbane by decent margins against Gold Coast.

Yeah fair call uncle. I probably went a bit hard on something I care little about. It was a bit tongue in cheek.That's what happens when ya have a froffie or ten on a Sunday night before a few days off. Looking back it probably was an upset when you compare formlines from rnds 1-3. Either way they had a good win. I will put my tips up this week for a laugh. That way we can all hang s**t on my ****ups. What rounds is obree playing for the croweaters

I'm not a clunes person at all. Just remember last week reading how beaufort will have it all their own way.

Forgive me for tipping against Clunes...Why don't you stick your neck out and have a go at tipping instead of potting blokes for having a go. You seem to have at least a vested interest in Clunes going from your previous posts. Or are you an Old Westbourne man?? Good luck against GE this week.

Gee aren't we all a bit precious??!!
To be fair to Scoobie there were some big calls on Beaufort dishing out a flogging to Clunes based on not much more than a good win over Hepburn. Maybe you are all under rating the Magpies?

Gee aren't we all a bit precious??!!
To be fair to Scoobie there were some big calls on Beaufort dishing out a flogging to Clunes based on not much more than a good win over Hepburn. Maybe you are all under rating the Magpies?

Maybe we are...most tipsters go on form. We aren't all Nostradamus, even he got some of his predictions wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they still lost to newlyn who aren't travelling that well, so form would have suggested a beaufort win (not by that much tho). Daylesford this week will give us a decent indication of where Clunes are at i guess, but they have flown under the radar a touch.
Dunnstown's effort against Waubra would suggest that anyone on thier day is beatable this year, very interesting couple weeks ahead with many of the potential finalists going head to head

they still lost to newlyn who aren't travelling that well, so form would have suggested a beaufort win (not by that much tho). Daylesford this week will give us a decent indication of where Clunes are at i guess, but they have flown under the radar a touch.

Absolutely Bungaree, you hit it on the head. The margins were way over and some posters need to suck it up and admit that. (or not get so serious when they get bagged out).
Newlyn did throw out the form line and i really don't know how good Clunes are, this week should tell a bit.
Just a note on the Newlyn game - it did involve a 40 min delay while a concussed player was removed, a hamstring injury to Rick Andrews in the opening minute and a nasty broken ankle. All could have contributed a bit to a lacklustre display. Oh yeah and the wind that day, swirling nastily.

Can't see Clunes getting smashed by big margins this year and should give a few contenders a shake on the way.

Hardshell- great research. I actually have old mates at all of those clubs hense why I try to follow them a bit. And an old mate was at ballan for few years. I'll try tipping this week. Should be interesting. Probably get zero. 18 team comp is great for footy. Top 8 even better. Any word on if the league will be split into two divisions???

Hardshell- great research. I actually have old mates at all of those clubs hense why I try to follow them a bit. And an old mate was at ballan for few years. I'll try tipping this week. Should be interesting. Probably get zero. 18 team comp is great for footy. Top 8 even better. Any word on if the league will be split into two divisions???

i won't bother putting in weekly tips, but i will make this one prediction....This comp will never be split into 2 divisions!!
A perfectly even draw and almost no way right now of picking 2 seperate divisions.
I actually still think its a matter of time before teams fold/merge or whatever. Be it in this league or another.

Rokewood to beat ballan relatively easily.
Bungaree just on results to beat learmonth at home
Buninyong v beaufort an interesting one. Buningyong at home in a close one.
Gordon by 4 or 5 goals, much improved looking at last years results
Hepburn by 7 or 8 goals
Springbank(no idea why)
Waubra easily 10+ goals
Newlyn too much class. Ten or so goals
Clunes v daylesford. Tough one. Daylesford are the easy option but varying results for them so far. Draw

"A draw!!!"
Scoobie you rock. Respect.

If it does not come off we know it will be because of Mr Stanley the old amusement park owner.

Going to see bunninyong and Learmonth this week, thought that learmonth may have been one of the improvers this year but appears that i may be wrong yet again.

Well went out and had a look, yep i was wrong, all i can say is that the people running Learmonth must be grateful to the new sides for entering as they appear to be the only chance of staying off the bottom.

A lot of criticism for the new teams but some of the existing teams need to be put under scrutiny for under-performing as well. I will probably be shot down for my comments but for a team to have up to 60 at pre season training and not be able to put a competitive side on the paddock then there is many issues that need addressing.

On the other side of the fence Bunninyong also didn't play that well but did enough to win,

Rokewood to beat ballan relatively easily.
Bungaree just on results to beat learmonth at home
Buninyong v beaufort an interesting one. Buningyong at home in a close one.
Gordon by 4 or 5 goals, much improved looking at last years results
Hepburn by 7 or 8 goals
Springbank(no idea why)
Waubra easily 10+ goals
Newlyn too much class. Ten or so goals
Clunes v daylesford. Tough one. Daylesford are the easy option but varying results for them so far. Draw

Ballan v ROKEWOOD >10 goals
BUNGAREE v Learmonth >10 goals
BUNINYONG v Beaufort 2 goals
Creswick v GORDON 5 goals
HEPBURN v Dunnstown 2 goals
Carngham v SPRINGBANK 2 goals
Skipton v WAUBRA >10 goals
Illabarook v NEWLYN >10 goals
CLUNES v Daylesford 1500 points. Clunes now clear flag favourites after their demolition of Beaufort on Saturday. However if there is a nasty swirling wind or if there is a delay or they get any injuries I'll change my tip to Daylesford by 10 goals.

i won't bother putting in weekly tips, but i will make this one prediction....This comp will never be split into 2 divisions!!
A perfectly even draw and almost no way right now of picking 2 seperate divisions.
I actually still think its a matter of time before teams fold/merge or whatever. Be it in this league or another.

Agree Crackerz. Have heard rumours of a shake up looming in the Ballarat league which could have implications for CHFL.

I couldn't see any CHFL team moving willingly??? None would want to go to BFL that's for sure, what do you think would happen if the eastern block team pulled out??

There is growing unrest among some of them - not so much at committee level, but in playing and rank & file membership. Also the Essendon District league have approached several of the eastern bloc clubs about joining them in an expanded competition. If Bfl lose clubs they will have to look somewhere to fill the spots and CHFL is the logical place I suppose. I agree that it would be unlikely clubs would volunteer to join but at the end of the day if the VCFL want it to happen they would force it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back