Central Highlands Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is growing unrest among some of them - not so much at committee level, but in playing and rank & file membership. Also the Essendon District league have approached several of the eastern bloc clubs about joining them in an expanded competition. If Bfl lose clubs they will have to look somewhere to fill the spots and CHFL is the logical place I suppose. I agree that it would be unlikely clubs would volunteer to join but at the end of the day if the VCFL want it to happen they would force it.

How would Hepburn, daylesford or waubra go in ballarat comp. I'm not sure how ballarat comp is but barring money I'd imagine most top two sides would be able to play in a higher league.

i won't bother putting in weekly tips, but i will make this one prediction....This comp will never be split into 2 divisions!!
A perfectly even draw and almost no way right now of picking 2 seperate divisions.
I actually still think its a matter of time before teams fold/merge or whatever. Be it in this league or another.
You would think that if any BFL clubs left that league, that as Scoobiesnack suggested Hepburn, Daylesford or Waubra would be courted about joining the BFL based on the strength of their senior sides. Would Bunninyong possibly be approached also due to their location perhaps? Hepburn surely would be capable of competing at the level, and deserve the chance to prove themselves given their dominance over the last however many years.

Might also be some chance of clubs folding or seeking mergers as well, did hear whispers of at least 1 club having some real cashflow issues.

How would Hepburn, daylesford or waubra go in ballarat comp. I'm not sure how ballarat comp is but barring money I'd imagine most top two sides would be able to play in a higher league.

Would think they'd struggle against the likes of Sunbury Redan etc but would hold their own against the rest. Sustaining it would be the issue for a club like Waubra - haven't got the population to feild junior teams as is. Also would find it harder to recruit. A lot of guys they get from Ballarat are looking for a change in committment and atmosphere so that advantage would disappear. There would be problems with the junior side of things as well with Bfl having a far more extensive and higher standard than CHFL. Buninyong would be the logical club due to location, facilities and could possibly join with Mt.Clear JFC to tick the junior box.

I know it would never happen but if Daylesford and Hepburn merged and went to Bfl they would be successful. And there wouldn't be too many shed a tear in the CHFL.

CLUNES v Daylesford 1500 points. Clunes now clear flag favourites after their demolition of Beaufort on Saturday. However if there is a nasty swirling wind or if there is a delay or they get any injuries I'll change my tip to Daylesford by 10 goals.

Wonder if we can get these options at the TAB? If we can i'm down for $50

Gentlemen,

CHFL should have a combined side. I will have a go.

B> Nesbitt (Dayl) Shephard (Hep) Morgan (Bun)
HB> Andrews (Clunes) Buscombe (Clunes) Drew (Beauf)
C> Layton (Bung) L Adams (Dayl) Cummings (Dayl)
HF> Dorward (Hep) T Radley (Bung) Turley (Gord)
F>A McKay (Hep) L Brown (Waub) L Cox (Hep)
RUCKS> Winduss (Dayles) M Pitt (Dunn) N Gilbert (Bunn)
Inter> S Mullane (Waub) J Gilbert (Bunn) P Benn (Bun) D James (Hep) Handley (Clunes) Franc (Beauf)
Coach> S Robertson (Hep)

Very Strong side and lots of apologies to players who missed out
It would be competitive against any other league. Bring back the Interleague?
Anyone else like to have a go at a combined side?

Gentlemen,

Inter> S Mullane (Waub) J Gilbert (Bunn) P Benn (Bun) D James (Hep) Handley (Clunes) Franc (Beauf)
Coach> S Robertson (Hep)

On current form you would have to put Mullane-Grant (Rokewood) at FF, 28 goals from 1 win and 3 losses is very good form.

From what people have witnessed, who are the best players from each side? Say best Back, Mid and Forward from each side?

Gentlemen,

Coach> S Robertson (Hep)

Forgive me if I'm being naive, but who is Layton? Not sure about Andrews and Buscombe on the half back line either...Would have thought Phelps (CHB) (Bunn) and maybe Eastwell (Newl) would be a better pair. Would put S Mullane on the ground in the mids.

Gentlemen,

Coach> S Robertson (Hep)

I don't want to be critical because it is a hard task picking a side like this and you are right that it's a strong side, but, it seems that you have picked it on past reputation as much as recent form. Dorward Pitt and Nesbitt to name 3 and Sheppard Andrews and James have played 1 game for the year. Andrews would rip a hammy in the first 5 minutes anyway. If Buscombe had to man up he'd be no value. Adams and Cummings likely to get sent off - for fighting each other. Dorward wouldn't get out of bed unless there was $$ involved. And Phil Benn??
You could make some pretty strong cases for blokes like Tim Mullane, Kale Mullane, Leith Pellisier, the Gunnell twins, Corey Grills, Ash Munari, Matt elder, Clint Ladiges, Robbie Gregg, Jackson Murphy, John Coleman, Luke Ryan, Carl Morandi, Chris Morley and lots more. Mostly unfashionable names but get overlooked because they don't have 'reputation'.
The main problem with interleague matches at this level is that most players who get a gig - as in your team - have already represented higher level leagues. I'm not a fan of making a big deal out of blokes who have played VFL and drop back 2 or 3 levels and dominate. What is there to gain by having them in a side like this. I reckon they would feel the same too. Most of these guys do it for the money, (good luck to them) sure they want a premiership too but I bet they would see interleague as a nuisance. If you want interleague stipulate that players must be products of junior football in that league. Maybe make it under 25? 1/2 the blokes in your side would struggle to get in an under 35 side!

Forgive me if I'm being naive, but who is Layton? Not sure about Andrews and Buscombe on the half back line either...Would have thought Phelps (CHB) (Bunn) and maybe Eastwell (Newl) would be a better pair. Would put S Mullane on the ground in the mids.

Who would get a gig from the new sides?
Illabarook? None that i can think of. Ketchen seems to be in the best a lot.
Rokewood? Mullane-Grant, Griffiths, Hutchins?
Carngham? Ladiges, Hill, Weymuss, Kilpatrick?
Skipton? Riske, Boyle?

Who has seen any of these guys play yet, any worthy of a combined side?

Who would get a gig from the new sides?
Illabarook? None that i can think of. Ketchen seems to be in the best a lot.
Rokewood? Mullane-Grant, Griffiths, Hutchins?
Carngham? Ladiges, Hill, Weymuss, Kilpatrick?
Skipton? Riske, Boyle?

Who has seen any of these guys play yet, any worthy of a combined side?

We could pick 2 good interleague sides out of this comp, it is a never ending argument. Back to business who is going to challenge Clunes for the flag, Hepburn Waubra Bunny or Bunga? Gods speed to them all. Hard to see anyone challenging them on current form.

I don't want to be critical because it is a hard task picking a side like this and you are right that it's a strong side, but, it seems that you have picked it on past reputation as much as recent form. Dorward Pitt and Nesbitt to name 3 and Sheppard Andrews and James have played 1 game for the year. Andrews would rip a hammy in the first 5 minutes anyway. If Buscombe had to man up he'd be no value. Adams and Cummings likely to get sent off - for fighting each other. Dorward wouldn't get out of bed unless there was $$ involved. And Phil Benn??
You could make some pretty strong cases for blokes like Tim Mullane, Kale Mullane, Leith Pellisier, the Gunnell twins, Corey Grills, Ash Munari, Matt elder, Clint Ladiges, Robbie Gregg, Jackson Murphy, John Coleman, Luke Ryan, Carl Morandi, Chris Morley and lots more. Mostly unfashionable names but get overlooked because they don't have 'reputation'.
The main problem with interleague matches at this level is that most players who get a gig - as in your team - have already represented higher level leagues. I'm not a fan of making a big deal out of blokes who have played VFL and drop back 2 or 3 levels and dominate. What is there to gain by having them in a side like this. I reckon they would feel the same too. Most of these guys do it for the money, (good luck to them) sure they want a premiership too but I bet they would see interleague as a nuisance. If you want interleague stipulate that players must be products of junior football in that league. Maybe make it under 25? 1/2 the blokes in your side would struggle to get in an under 35 side!

Maybe they already have. Luke has a clearance in to Anglesea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard a story over the weekend that Baker took his 2011 Hepburn playing fee in advance, then jumped ship to Bridgewater. Top bloke

No Club would clear a player if they owed the Club money...It's one of the only reasons of refusal of a clearance in the National Player Transfer Regulations.

A refusal can only occur where the club can substantiate that the Player:

(a) Is a Contracted Player; and/or

(b) Is indebted to the Club; and/or

(c) Is in possession of Club property (e.g. jumper) that needs to be returned; and/or

(d)
Wishes to withdraw their Transfer application.

Bakers clearance was approved by Hepburn so I highly doubt it.

Hepburn have about 6 clearances lodged coming in. Anyone know any of these guys? Are they splashing the cash mid season?

Maryborough Castlemaine District Football League Hepburn Football Club Allan, Brad

Wimmera Football LeagueHepburn Football Club Berry, Matthew Pending13/05/11

Central Murray Football Netball LeagueHepburn Football Club Brady, Leigh Pending13/05/11

South Australian Amateur Football League (SAAFL)Hepburn Football Club Margary, Carl Denied Eastern Football League (EFL)

Hepburn Football ClubMargary, Raymond Approved

Football Geelong Hepburn Football Club Smith, Corey Pending 13/05/11

Ballan v ROKEWOOD 10 goals Mullane-Grant to do some serious damage against his old team
BUNGAREE v Learmonth
BUNINYONG v Beaufort Really can't split this one. Beaufort are a hard one as they have been extremely inconsistent in thier performances so far. I think Beaufort's best is better but Buninyong at home in a close one.
Creswick v GORDON 8 goals. Could easily be more but Creswick have improved a bit.
HEPBURN v Dunnstown Think the Burras at home but Dunnstown traditionally play well against Hepburn so could well be an upset on the cards. 2 goals
Carngham v SPRINGBANK Bankers by 2 goals. Carngham lost a fair chunk of credibility last week and will need to win to gain any respect for the rest of the year.
Skipton v WAUBRA By heaps. Enough said.
Illabarook v NEWLYN Also by heaps.
Clunes v DAYLESFORD Good win by Clunes last week, will find out a bit more about where they are at this week. Daylesford just. 7 pts

B> Morley (Bung) Shephard (Hep) Morgan (Bun)
HB> Franc (Beauf) L Pelessier (Wau) Drew (Beauf)
C> Cummins (Bung) Sullivan (Waub) Cummings (Dayl)
HF> Dorward (Hep) L Cox (Hepb) Turley (Gord)
F>A McKay (Hep) L Brown (Waub) Mullane-Grant (RC)
RUCKS> L Gunnell (Gor) S Mullane (Waub) D James (Hep)
Inter> R Gregg (Waub) N Gilbert (Bun) S Winduss (Day) J Murphy (Bung)
Coach> S Skontra (Wau)

Combined from form and the obvious inclusions

B> Morley (Bung) Shephard (Hep) Morgan (Bun)
HB> Franc (Beauf) L Pelessier (Wau) Drew (Beauf)
C> Cummins (Bung) Sullivan (Waub) Cummings (Dayl)
HF> Dorward (Hep) L Cox (Hepb) Turley (Gord)
F>A McKay (Hep) L Brown (Waub) Mullane-Grant (RC)
RUCKS> L Gunnell (Gor) S Mullane (Waub) D James (Hep)
Inter> R Gregg (Waub) N Gilbert (Bun) S Winduss (Day) J Murphy (Bung)
Coach> S Skontra (Wau)

Combined from form and the obvious inclusions

IN: Coleman (Waub) OUT: Dorward
IN: Ewart (Beau) OUT: Franc
IN: O'Bree (Beau) OUT: James
IN: Prestigiacomo (Bung) OUT: Sheppard
IN: Radley (Bung) OUT: Brown

All quite at the minute on here! What were the thoughts / reports from the weekends games??
No real surprise results but there must have been something from the weekend of interest.
See big Shephard back for the burrough and in the best for two weeks on the trot, heard he wasn't playing because he wasn't interested, Cash will do that I spose!! Speaking of cash another big win by Waubra, obviously theyve spent a bit for forwards, will anyone be able to test out their backs??

Everthing pretty much as expeced this week which was unexpected!!
Few big clashes this weekend tho.
Hepburn v Waubra - Battle for premiership favouritism I would think. Will give a fair indication of where Waubra sit in the grand scheme of things
Beaufort v Bungaree - The Presti v OBree sideshow aside, both teams will see this match as vital in the context of thier season. Beaufort would be 2-4 if they lose whiilst Bunga haven't beaten anyone of note yet.
Gordon v Clunes - Big game in shaping the 8 come seasons end. Gordon won't be slipping under the radar here so should indicate a bit towards both sides
Daylesford v Buninyong - Another big game, will test Buninyong out and where they sit.

Could quite easily have no team undefeated following Round 6 this weekend

Everthing pretty much as expeced this week which was unexpected!!
Few big clashes this weekend tho.
Hepburn v Waubra - Battle for premiership favouritism I would think. Will give a fair indication of where Waubra sit in the grand scheme of things
Beaufort v Bungaree - The Presti v OBree sideshow aside, both teams will see this match as vital in the context of thier season. Beaufort would be 2-4 if they lose whiilst Bunga haven't beaten anyone of note yet.
Gordon v Clunes - Big game in shaping the 8 come seasons end. Gordon won't be slipping under the radar here so should indicate a bit towards both sides
Daylesford v Buninyong - Another big game, will test Buninyong out and where they sit.

Could quite easily have no team undefeated following Round 6 this weekend

Speaking of Gordon Clunes game...I believe Gordon are headed for the finals. And where are Clunes? They were all over this forum last week??
And while I am tipping Gordon to win, I'm not completely writing off Clunes so please down hunt me down if the re**** goes the other way Clunes. A polite I told you so would suffice, but only if you get on here and predict a Clunes victory before the event.
Forget Waubra Hepburn, Presti O'bree, this is where its at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back