Central Highlands Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everthing pretty much as expeced this week which was unexpected!!
Few big clashes this weekend tho.
Hepburn v Waubra - Battle for premiership favouritism I would think. Will give a fair indication of where Waubra sit in the grand scheme of things
Beaufort v Bungaree - The Presti v OBree sideshow aside, both teams will see this match as vital in the context of thier season. Beaufort would be 2-4 if they lose whiilst Bunga haven't beaten anyone of note yet.
Gordon v Clunes - Big game in shaping the 8 come seasons end. Gordon won't be slipping under the radar here so should indicate a bit towards both sides
Daylesford v Buninyong - Another big game, will test Buninyong out and where they sit.

Could quite easily have no team undefeated following Round 6 this weekend

Down to the tips then:

Beaufort v Bungaree 14points
Daylesford v Buninyong 18Points
Dunnstown v Creswick 33points
Gordon v Clunes 3points
Learmonth v Illabarook 10points (Match of the round:D)
Newlyn v Ballan 48points
Rokewood v C\Linton 20points
Springbank v Skipton 30points
Waubra v Hepburn 22points

Cant see to many surprises, Gordon should just at home and Learmonth would have to, wouldn't they????? Waubra should stamp themselves as favorite after the weekend. So yep all home teams to get up.

Down to the tips then:

Gordon v Clunes 3points
Newlyn v Ballan 48points

Cant see to many surprises, Gordon should just at home and Learmonth would have to, wouldn't they????? Waubra should stamp themselves as favorite after the weekend. So yep all home teams to get up.

Beaufort v Bungaree 1point
Daylesford v Buninyong 36Points
Dunnstown v Creswick 65points
Gordon v Clunes 1point
Learmonth v Illabarook 60points
Newlyn v Ballan 80points
Rokewood v C\Linton 40points
Springbank v Skipton 80points
Waubra v Hepburn 1point

Down to the tips then:

Gordon v Clunes 3points
Newlyn v Ballan 48points

Some good games boys, wouldn't be so sure on Waubra though, have had mail that Mirabella wont play and if what coach Skontra said in the paper a few weeks ago is true, Lee Brown will be working. Add to that Gleeson has missed the last 2 weeks, Hepburn would have to go in favourite.

Beaufort v Bungaree
Daylesford v Buninyong 2 goals, Won't be much in this one i don't think
Dunnstown v Creswick 8 goals Will bounce back
Gordon v Clunes 1 goal Could go either way, massive game for the two teams
Learmonth v Illabarook 10 goals, easily!
Newlyn v Ballan 10 goals Shoulkd account for the Blues
Rokewood v C\Linton 20points Rokewood are pretty handy upfront and should get the job done
Springbank v Skipton 8 goals, too good for Skipton
Waubra v Hepburn 1 goal, massive chance for Hepburn with a few key players out for the Roos. I think Waubra just but will be a cracking match

Beaufort v Bungaree
Daylesford v Buninyong 2 goals, Won't be much in this one i don't think
Dunnstown v Creswick 8 goals Will bounce back
Gordon v Clunes 1 goal Could go either way, massive game for the two teams
Learmonth v Illabarook 10 goals, easily!
Newlyn v Ballan 10 goals Shoulkd account for the Blues
Rokewood v C\Linton 20points Rokewood are pretty handy upfront and should get the job done
Springbank v Skipton 8 goals, too good for Skipton
Waubra v Hepburn 1 goal, massive chance for Hepburn with a few key players out for the Roos. I think Waubra just but will be a cracking match

Skipton 9.11.65 d springbank 7.11.53 Skipton kicked the first 2 goals of the game and kept in front all day after Half time Springbank kicked 5.7 to Skiptons 2.4

Beaufort 12.23-95 vs Bungaree 9.8-62

Daylesford 7.6-48 vs Buninyong 13.17-95

Dunnstown 12.11-83 vs Creswick 4.5-29

Gordon 18.9-117 vs Clunes 17.11-113

Learmonth 22.22-154 vs Illabarook 5.7-37

Newlyn 18.12-120 vs Ballan 12.9-81

Rokewood-Corindhap 13.12-90 vs Carngham Linton 16.22-118

Springbank 7.11-53 vs Skipton 9.11-65

Waubra 10.11-71 vs Hepburn 12.10-82

Couple of interesting results.
Hepburn still the team to beat!! Lots of opinions earlier that Waubra where almost unbackable favourites! Where does that put the Burra now then, should they just be given the cup now to save everyone slogging it out in the cold wet weather that is sure to come!!!
Having said that looks like Buninyong completely outplayed Daylsford, what was the go there? Buninyong obviously a good side being undefeated so they might be able to give the Burra a shake up?
Any reports from the games?

Shep 1 Robbie Gregg 0,

Did anyone see the Hepburn Waubra game? Big Shep must of went ok to hold Waubra's hired gun to 1 goal and get BOG. Hepburn have silenced the critics once again. Waubra close but not good enough? Who are the serious contenders to knock of the champs??? Bunny, Waubra, Beaufort?, Bunga?

Shep 1 Robbie Gregg 0,

Did anyone see the Hepburn Waubra game? Big Shep must of went ok to hold Waubra's hired gun to 1 goal and get BOG. Hepburn have silenced the critics once again. Waubra close but not good enough? Who are the serious contenders to knock of the champs??? Bunny, Waubra, Beaufort?, Bunga?

Well Beaufort have already beaten them. Plus they haven't played Clunes yet.

Went and had a look at the waubra vs hepurn clash to see if the hype surrounding waubra was true. Was pretty disappointed by them. Hepburn were the better team in a scrappy game to be honest. In fairness to waubra they looked very one dimensional (Gregg) going forward which gave sheppard lots of chances which he took and played a ripper. With no brown and mirabella up front waubra couldnt find another way to goal. Was surprised Coleman didn't play more forward seemed to play more mid and behind the ball. At the other end Pellissier did a demolition job on cox but he still managed a couple of cheap ones out the back. McKay was lively and played well for the burra but would say a team effort from the boys.

Dorward not worth the money he is on, is just a player at this stage. S. Mullane easily waubra best.

Hepburn should be flag favorites but would like to see both teams at full strength come September because it was clear they will both be there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went out to skipton to see the arch rivals play knowing i would get a close game despite everyones tips of 10 goal wins to carngham. Fair to say i wasnt dissapointed. Skipton looked a shadow of there former self with big man tim mckay being the difference kicking 6 and taking plenty of marks although he looked like he struggled to move. Last quarter was fantastic with carngham getting in front befor 1 last goal to tim. From an outsiders point of view the umpiring was disgusting, skipton getting 20 plus more frees. Both teams will struggle and with carngham playing the worst 2 teams first up may not win again this year. There skills were terrible and over using the ball at times cost them dearly. Enjoyed watching a close one though!:thumbsu:

that was a big call Pocket, you were obviously at the carngham v skipton game and would of seen that bad umpiring cost them the game, they kicked 22 behinds against springbank, so could be easily sitting 5 and 1 at the moment, from what i have seen expect them to cause a few upsets this year will still be pushing for the eight tho, :thumbsu:

Upsets happen, brown and mirrabella are 2 massive outs for waubra, you telling me beufort are a better team than hepburn becuase they beat them, Waubra still favourite for the flag for mine:eek:

We were robbed again Crackerz, going down by 4 points, and that was after 3 of our players were abducted by aliens at half time!!

I think you may have pulled the score back after half time so I guess the aliens abducted a bit of dead weight from the side.
Another blockbuster this week under lights I hear? A wet and windy Saturday night at Northern Oval against Dunnstown. 1st team to 9 goals wins.

I think you may have pulled the score back after half time so I guess the aliens abducted a bit of dead weight from the side.
Another blockbuster this week under lights I hear? A wet and windy Saturday night at Northern Oval against Dunnstown. 1st team to 9 goals wins.

the anal probes did wonders, nearly got them over the line

that was a big call Pocket, you were obviously at the carngham v skipton game and would of seen that bad umpiring cost them the game, they kicked 22 behinds against springbank, so could be easily sitting 5 and 1 at the moment, from what i have seen expect them to cause a few upsets this year will still be pushing for the eight tho, :thumbsu:

Upsets happen, brown and mirrabella are 2 massive outs for waubra, you telling me beufort are a better team than hepburn becuase they beat them, Waubra still favourite for the flag for mine:eek:

Yes slasher it seems i spoke to soon, i didnt get to see the match against rokewood as i had other plans but being an old lpfl fan i would have loved to have made the trip. The eight may be out of the question i feel dropping games to skipton and springbank will cost dearly come the end of the year. Would need to upset daylesford, buninyong, dunnstown and a couple others plus beat all the lesser teams from here on in. Good luck with it:thumbsu:

Gotta ask which half wits idea was it to play 2 teams that wear black and white striped jumpers in a night game.... did anyone go and was it just terrible to watch as a supporter?

Gotta ask which half wits idea was it to play 2 teams that wear black and white striped jumpers in a night game.... did anyone go and was it just terrible to watch as a supporter?

Clunes wore Geelong jumpers. A tribute to Bob Davis being an old Clunes boy I believe. Nice touch and also avoided the clash you mentioned.

Clunes wore Geelong jumpers. A tribute to Bob Davis being an old Clunes boy I believe. Nice touch and also avoided the clash you mentioned.

In that case very clever and a good tribute... Cos I was scratching my head at the planning of the 2 teams playing at night

Hey lads just out of curiosity which clubs in the CHFL consistently throw the chequebook around each year in signing new recruits?

Hey lads just out of curiosity which clubs in the CHFL consistently throw the chequebook around each year in signing new recruits?

Chasing some coin are you ? :D

Despite their own denials.... EVERYBODY knows and will tell you that there is one team that throws more money than anybody else... Hepburn... with great success as well...

Pretty fair to assume that Waubra also splash the cash...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back