Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Man

Senior List
Mar 4, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Thought id start a thread about the Central Highlands League and the happenings of it.
Saw waubra vs beaufort on saturday wasnt much of a spectacle. Brown kicked 12 and s.mullane was bog. Any repots from any other games???

clifton's lookalike said:
Anyone tell me how the bloke Uhi is going for Ballan?
How are Learmonth travelling under new coach Beacham?

Heard Uhi is going well.

I've seen one Clunes game this year and they looked to have dropped off significantly! Not many avenues to goal without Weatherley and Bourke! Wont play finals by the looks of them

Heard that a quality Learmonth player broke his leg the other week. Is this true??
Who will win out of Waubra vs Hepburn on saturday should be a good game?

X Man said:
Thought id start a thread about the Central Highlands League and the happenings of it.
Saw waubra vs beaufort on saturday wasnt much of a spectacle. Brown kicked 12 and s.mullane was bog. Any repots from any other games???

X man this Brown character would he happen to be a former Donald gun??heard he's proving unstoppable up in the central highlands, kicking bags. :thumbsu:

You wouldn't happen to know by any chance if the rumour that his brother who's still at donald, is considering a transfer to rival club wedderburn?? Any truth to it??

Heard they were looking for another ruckman and the big fella would slot in nicely, the only question thats been raised or so called hurdle he faces is if his drinking prowess is up to scratch with the burn boys, heard he was sent packing with his tail between his legs pre season and hasn't been cited since... :D

Yeah mate Brown is from Donald. Apparently that rumour is correct and that the burn is chasing his brother fairly hard before clearences close .He has a girlfriend in Bendigo and a few mates over there so apparently talks have arisen.
Dont think the money will be there as they already have a few players there on big coin..... A bloke by the name of Hutton is reported to be on between 800 - 1k a game and $20 a goal.
As far as the drinking question goes i couldnt answer that but i would imagine that Brown could aquit himself fairly well

i see that mullane grant from ballan is kicking big bags even though from what i read in the paper he's playing on 1 leg... can anyone tell me how long til he's fully fit, or if the papers wrong and he already is, cos he'l b unstoppable if he comes good

thekid178 said:
i see that mullane grant from ballan is kicking big bags even though from what i read in the paper he's playing on 1 leg... can anyone tell me how long til he's fully fit, or if the papers wrong and he already is, cos he'l b unstoppable if he comes good
My mail is that Mullane Grant has been carrying a leg injury for a number of years so may not be fully fit for a long time. Have seen him in action enough over the last 4 years to know that the bloke can seriously play - on 1 leg or 2. Look out if he does get 100%!

X Man said:
Heard that a quality Learmonth player broke his leg the other week. Is this true??
Who will win out of Waubra vs Hepburn on saturday should be a good game?
W v H would be worth watching and get on WAUBRA. Burners have too many injuries & blokes underdone inc. Raak Brown Peake & Grant. Not a bad list of names. Keep an eye on a skinny little kid from the Marsh playing for Hepburn called Andy Mckay, he is an absolute freak.

Have heard Uhi is getting better every week for Ballan and is still only half fit. He is way too good to be playing in that league, no offence to anyone, but this guy is an elite athlete. God help opposition teams that come up against this mob with him firing on all (12) cylinders. Dunno much about the rest of their list apart from Mullane Grant who is a gun but not in the same class as Uhi, but if they are even half decent they will win games when he's up & about.

Just wondering how the new recruits for Waubra are going particularly the Learmonth players who now travel down the road. I hear this Leigh Brown is the new cult figure at the club is this true. How is coach Skontra keeping this team out of the pub and on the track!!!:)

ryang said:
Have heard Uhi is getting better every week for Ballan and is still only half fit. He is way too good to be playing in that league, no offence to anyone, but this guy is an elite athlete. God help opposition teams that come up against this mob with him firing on all (12) cylinders. Dunno much about the rest of their list apart from Mullane Grant who is a gun but not in the same class as Uhi, but if they are even half decent they will win games when he's up & about.

Cheers ryang. He is a quality athlete but I didn't know how he would go in the chilly and wet conditions the CHFL has to offer. Now that i have found out about Uhi can anyone give me any info on Beacham? How is he taking to coaching, has he got the respect of the players, will they be any good, has he been performing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wouldnt say cult figure but has started the year very well kicking 38 from 5. Dunno bout the ex learmonth lads but wont that be an interesting game when the two meet.

Fair to say Hepburn v Daylesford on the weekend would have been one of the most anticipated, if not the most anticipated game CHFL has experienced in recent years.

I believe Daylesford won.

First time in over 60 seasons that Daylesford has played Hepburn. Looking at the scores it must have been a cracker. On the ABC yesterday the scribe said there were nearly 3000 at the game. Must be great for local footy in the region.

Great to see the former Demons (now Bulldogs) in Daylesford doing really well in the CHFL. Also great to see the Beaufort Crows (formerly the Cats) have a great win over highly fancied Learmonth.

CHFL scores for the round are below.

CENTRAL HIGHLANDS: Dunnstown 9.5 bt Clunes 7.9, Buninyong 21.18 bt Gordon 5.7, Springbank 15.9 bt Creswick 8.9, Beaufort 10.8 bt Learmonth 7.15, Daylesford 20.8 bt Hepburn 16.11, Bungaree 18.12 bt Ballan 13.18, Waubra 19.15 bt Newlyn 7.7. Res: Ballan 10.6 bt Bungaree 6.8, Learmonth 10.9 bt Beaufort 5.5, Buninyong 14.16 bt Gordon 3.5, Creswick 5.2 bt Springbank 3.9, Clunes 9.8 bt Dunnstown 3.7, Hepburn 13.11 bt Daylesford 2.3, Waubra 6.8 bt Newlyn 4.6. U-18: Bungaree 8.16 bt Ballan 4.1, Beaufort 29.10 bt Learmonth 1.3, Buninyong 4.7 bt Gordon 4.6, Creswick 20.11 bt Springbank 0.0, Dunnstown 5.13 bt Clunes 3.4, Hepburn 9.5 bt Daylesford 1.6, Newlyn 22.19 bt Waubra 0.1.

Yeah i was there for the Hepburn - Daylesford match. Was great to see the Bulldogs get up against a team that is supposedly spending 4 times as much them on players. Shows that money isnt the only thing that will get you by in country footy. Learmonth are not going to be much come finals. They beat waubra the top team last week, but come finals time they will just choke, cant handle the pressure games, and they wont have a double chance, so Beacham will start blaming his teammates as he supposedly used to do at Daylesford

Does anybody know how a bloke by the name of Jamie Wilson has been going? Joined Newlyn about half way through the season i think. Smallish, stocky onballer.

crusader said:
Yeah i was there for the Hepburn - Daylesford match. Was great to see the Bulldogs get up against a team that is supposedly spending 4 times as much them on players. Shows that money isnt the only thing that will get you by in country footy. Learmonth are not going to be much come finals. They beat waubra the top team last week, but come finals time they will just choke, cant handle the pressure games, and they wont have a double chance, so Beacham will start blaming his teammates as he supposedly used to do at Daylesford

If they can't handle the pressure games how did they beat top team waubra. wouldn't all games that are keeping your spot in the finals be pressure games? how well do you know beacham, he is one crazy cat

Vineyard said:
How is Salesi Uhi going at Ballan.

And are bungaree any chance of playing finals?

Watched him play on saturday for the first time and although conditions didnt suit the big man looks like he can go a bit would love to see him in the dry conditions.. He is one big unit

Talked to a few blokes and they think Bungaree are the sleeping giant i think they are around 4th or 5th (correct me if im wrong) and have a quality side..

X Man said:
Watched him play on saturday for the first time and although conditions didnt suit the big man looks like he can go a bit would love to see him in the dry conditions.. He is one big unit

Talked to a few blokes and they think Bungaree are the sleeping giant i think they are around 4th or 5th (correct me if im wrong) and have a quality side..
Bungaree sitting 3rd Xman but No.1 big man Scott Crough left in an ambulance with a neck injury on saturday, under rated chf Quinlan missing with a broken hand and guns Tony Trigg and Chris O'Keefe are as fragile as Smiths crisps, so they might be ripe for the picking for a tough and seasoned Hepburn come finals - they will meet 1st week if the ladder stays as is.
As for crusaders howler that Hepburn are paying their players 4 times as much as Daylesford, so that must mean Hepburn are forking out about 350 to 400k! I have heard from several people who knocked them back how much Daylesford were offering pre season so don't put that crap on here. Funny how they were broke but could still afford 4 new sets of jumpers, netball uniforms, training jumpers and then spruik off in the paper that they were going to build new club rooms. Maybe Carlton should join the CHFL next year for the same reason Daylesford did - to be more competitive. W. A. P. Played finals 5 years out of 6 in BFL, drew with Sunbury last year - only club to take points from them, and they squib it and want to be big fish in a little pond. 2 x Adams, Winduss, O'Brien, Jurcan, Thompson, Nesbitt, Rogers, Keighran, Rahill, Bourke, they are all playing for nothing are they? I bet they are.
Have seen Salesi Uhi 4 times this year and he has been best on in 3 of those. He is the best player in the league by a street. A freak!
Bar Andrew Madigan and Anthony Beacham, Learmonth are soft. Should be known as the turtles, and I don't mean because they have hard shells.

ryang said:
Bungaree sitting 3rd Xman but No.1 big man Scott Crough left in an ambulance with a neck injury on saturday, under rated chf Quinlan missing with a broken hand and guns Tony Trigg and Chris O'Keefe are as fragile as Smiths crisps, so they might be ripe for the picking for a tough and seasoned Hepburn come finals - they will meet 1st week if the ladder stays as is.
As for crusaders howler that Hepburn are paying their players 4 times as much as Daylesford, so that must mean Hepburn are forking out about 350 to 400k! I have heard from several people who knocked them back how much Daylesford were offering pre season so don't put that crap on here. Funny how they were broke but could still afford 4 new sets of jumpers, netball uniforms, training jumpers and then spruik off in the paper that they were going to build new club rooms. Maybe Carlton should join the CHFL next year for the same reason Daylesford did - to be more competitive. W. A. P. Played finals 5 years out of 6 in BFL, drew with Sunbury last year - only club to take points from them, and they squib it and want to be big fish in a little pond. 2 x Adams, Winduss, O'Brien, Jurcan, Thompson, Nesbitt, Rogers, Keighran, Rahill, Bourke, they are all playing for nothing are they? I bet they are.
Have seen Salesi Uhi 4 times this year and he has been best on in 3 of those. He is the best player in the league by a street. A freak!
Bar Andrew Madigan and Anthony Beacham, Learmonth are soft. Should be known as the turtles, and I don't mean because they have hard shells.

One of the best sprays on Big Footy ever. Well done Ryang but answered all questions asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back