Central Highlands

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
blaaahhh!!!! no not true. not sure of exact figure but think he is on $280 a game which is cheap for a playing assistant coach especially considering the amount of work he puts in.(no money per goal)i know he knocked bach big dollars from dunnstown and some bfl clubs as he lives in the young and had respect for the club when playing for springbank,
he would also be the only one over $200 a game and only about 7 players are on money.as i have stated before buninyong is full of very loyal people and some great home grown talent, that have and will get big dollars thrown at them from other clubs and different leagues. being a great club and being surrounded by people who have come up through the ranks is how we keep our players and attract new ones not with filthy amounts of money.
i think it would be wise if you change your name from confusia say to bunninyongs mushroom because it is clear that they keep you in the dark and feed you s**t.your club pay good money to players just like most other clubs in the five.Simple fact is bunninyong is good at winning 2s flags year in year out and thats were it ends.

i would be very interested on your opionions as to who gets how much i need a good laugh and there is f##k all on tv. all i can say is look out if the club every does try and buy a flag.although i can't see that happening as it is not in the clubs chosen direction.

Hello all, Am still pondering but thats footy!!!

Learmonths Prelim side valued 36 points so higher than both Hep & Dford. Highest points when to Ty Veldhuis (Dford) & Miller (Clunes) 5 points, Leyonjelm 3 points from Nhill Major League. Have a lot of 1 pointers as well Gudge, Wade Veldhuis, Brad Hubble, Tim Sinclair, Dave Wright, Paul Rogan, Jason Duffy, Leon Davey, Jon & Sam BAsham, James Sobey, Powell, Azz Davies, Robertson & Lee. This is due to locals or players like gudge & Wade being there for 3 years.

Congratulations to Hepburn...Best side won the flag!!

Pity about the ground, always windy and crap atmosphere...Bring teh game back to learmonth....Run Busses and crowd would be very similar..+ a better spectacle for all...

Now a long pre-season ahead...............& recruitment ahs already stated...

As for Buninyong not paying.... Your kidding yaself mate..All clubs do so stop denying.

Bunga getting all these Redan players, wernt they doing it last year.. They will get Justin Rumble but will stuggle to get any senior players.. If any they will be 2's players.

Rumors have begun.............Good for footy
welcome back Learmonth, yeah im not a fan of the points system, prefer the system i mentioned earlier in the year where the top sides from the previous year play each other twice and the bottom teams also play each other twice.
EG.. round 1 2009 would be hep v dfd lear v wau buny v duns bunga v beau new v clu bal v gor cres v spr... some great games .. makes it harder for the top teams playing each other twice and easier for the bottom teams playing each other twice.
It gives the middle sides the incentive to work hard over pre season, knowing they only play the top sides once.. If its true about Bungaree's recruits then they should be right up there, having only to play the middle of the ladder sides of 08 twice.
our first four games next year ( remember its a rotating draw ) are against Clunes Beaufort Creswick Dunnstown..... if they were against the other four top clubs of 08 and we had a couple of early losses, then the pressure starts to mount.
i just think this system is a lot fairer for everyone.
To answer your question dickin cider ( and great name, we all like to be there ).. always dissapointed to lose locals to Daylesford, but a lot left when they wanted to play at a higher level when they were in the BFL.. The dogs had 8 former burra players run out on Saturday.. i will try and answer them individually for you
Cronin.. played reserves for us and left after 2000, his family are Daylesford
Rodgers.. talented player, his old man holds our record number of games with 319. wanted to play at a higher level. you cant deny him his wish. left after 2000, came back then left again after 2003
L Adams.. played here in 1996, only one year won the B & F then went to Nth Brat
Cook.. played in two flags with us.. has always rotated between the two clubs, his age was against him this finals series
Thompson... left after 2000, since thommo we have had Barras, Raak and Cox kick 100, were happy with what we ended up with
K. Cummings.. spent a half of 07 with us, it didn't work out so he went back.. you have to try these things
Jenkin... left after 2000, he would be very handy in our side, family is also a Daylesford one though
Thomas... laft us in 05, and bobbed up at Victoria Park after playing at Melton South

welcome back Learmonth, yeah im not a fan of the points system, prefer the system i mentioned earlier in the year where the top sides from the previous year play each other twice and the bottom teams also play each other twice.
EG.. round 1 2009 would be hep v dfd lear v wau buny v duns bunga v beau new v clu bal v gor cres v spr... some great games .. makes it harder for the top teams playing each other twice and easier for the bottom teams playing each other twice.
It gives the middle sides the incentive to work hard over pre season, knowing they only play the top sides once.. If its true about Bungaree's recruits then they should be right up there, having only to play the middle of the ladder sides of 08 twice.
our first four games next year ( remember its a rotating draw ) are against Clunes Beaufort Creswick Dunnstown..... if they were against the other four top clubs of 08 and we had a couple of early losses, then the pressure starts to mount.
i just think this system is a lot fairer for everyone.
To answer your question dickin cider ( and great name, we all like to be there ).. always dissapointed to lose locals to Daylesford, but a lot left when they wanted to play at a higher level when they were in the BFL.. The dogs had 8 former burra players run out on Saturday.. i will try and answer them individually for you
Cronin.. played reserves for us and left after 2000, his family are Daylesford
Rodgers.. talented player, his old man holds our record number of games with 319. wanted to play at a higher level. you cant deny him his wish. left after 2000, came back then left again after 2003
L Adams.. played here in 1996, only one year won the B & F then went to Nth Brat
Cook.. played in two flags with us.. has always rotated between the two clubs, his age was against him this finals series
Thompson... left after 2000, since thommo we have had Barras, Raak and Cox kick 100, were happy with what we ended up with
K. Cummings.. spent a half of 07 with us, it didn't work out so he went back.. you have to try these things
Jenkin... left after 2000, he would be very handy in our side, family is also a Daylesford one though
Thomas... laft us in 05, and bobbed up at Victoria Park after playing at Melton South

Yep, thanks Timmy, wonder how things will pan out over the next few years between the 2 clubs? Cant use the excuse of wanting to play at a higher level and move on to D'ford anymore. Looks like players from both clubs will have to think before they jump ship!
Glad you like the name, as a few of the boys i know say "love to watch it disappear!"
KEEP THE MIND ON FOOTY LADS!!!!

Hmmm that's all well and good but if any of the 'bottom' sides sneak into the finals they will get belted by the top sides. Doesn't really solve anything.

Moving to Bendigo in 2009?

Sandhurst Dragons, Bendigo Football League, looking for interested key position players.

Fantastic facilities, team of trainers and dedicated club doctor, strong social club and best ground in central Vic - Bendigo Bombers (VFL) use it, so up to AFL standard.

Send any queries to my mailbox.

Is there any truth to the rumor that Luke Beattie from Sunbury Lions is taking on the Springbank top job? Apologies if it was announced and posted in pages before.

Did T. Saunders get BOG, he was, dominant in the 2's. Andy mac was awesome to watch, Dford did not have a match for him. Have Hepburn had their B&F yet if so can anyone tell me who got what?
Hepburn's B & F was held tonight with Ross Mann winning by 12 votes, had a very consistant year. Lee Cox 2nd two votes clear of Andy McKay. Matt Peake finished 4th.
In the two's Nick Walsh won by 2 votes . Trent Saunders and Matt Layfield equal 2nd.. matt williams 4th

went to bfl granny ballarat won with a 50m set shot after the final siren ash baker kicked the winning goal to give ballarat the win by 5pts best game of footy i can remember ever watching in the local area, AT won bunny B and f, j morgan 2nd j gilbert 3rd then e donudean, emmo won the 2's by 1 vote over n avery then t porter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm that's all well and good but if any of the 'bottom' sides sneak into the finals they will get belted by the top sides. Doesn't really solve anything.

As it seems that the CHFL is paying larger amounts of money to players than most surrounding leagues I think the only way to try to even out the competition is to introduce salary caps. No doubt this is not what players would want’.
I don’t mean the sort of salary cap where the amount is set for the whole team either.
I mean a maximum amount set that any one player can be paid (including fringe benefits). Firstly this will stop clubs luring players with money. Its hard for anyone to knock back the amount of money being offered in some cases, even the most loyal of loyal can be forgiven for being tempted and leaving clubs. Idealy the amount set would be relevent to the league level. Clubs may try to pay cash etc but as it wouldnt be in the contract players would have to risk if they get the extra. Audits would be necessary annually to check for inconsistences and punishment should be high for offences of paying extra.
Travel could also be paid on a km basis along the lines of the tax or travel allowance employees receive, and that same travel money could also paid to volunteers.
This will account for players and volunteers who have the extra expense of travelling.
So basically a great player will receive the same amount no matter who they play for so recruiting would take more than just extra money, clubs would need to sell themselves and the training facilities/staff etc.
All the extra money could be put into recruiting and training umpires, renewing facilities such as drought proofing grounds, updating clubrooms, solar hot water and most importantly the juniors; maybe cover the fee’s as another means of getting players and ensuring cost doesn’t prevent a new legend entering the field.
my two bobs worth

As it seems that the CHFL is paying larger amounts of money to players than most surrounding leagues I think the only way to try to even out the competition is to introduce salary caps. No doubt this is not what players would want’.
I don’t mean the sort of salary cap where the amount is set for the whole team either.
I mean a maximum amount set that any one player can be paid (including fringe benefits). Firstly this will stop clubs luring players with money. Its hard for anyone to knock back the amount of money being offered in some cases, even the most loyal of loyal can be forgiven for being tempted and leaving clubs. Idealy the amount set would be relevent to the league level. Clubs may try to pay cash etc but as it wouldnt be in the contract players would have to risk if they get the extra. Audits would be necessary annually to check for inconsistences and punishment should be high for offences of paying extra.
Travel could also be paid on a km basis along the lines of the tax or travel allowance employees receive, and that same travel money could also paid to volunteers.
This will account for players and volunteers who have the extra expense of travelling.
So basically a great player will receive the same amount no matter who they play for so recruiting would take more than just extra money, clubs would need to sell themselves and the training facilities/staff etc.
All the extra money could be put into recruiting and training umpires, renewing facilities such as drought proofing grounds, updating clubrooms, solar hot water and most importantly the juniors; maybe cover the fee’s as another means of getting players and ensuring cost doesn’t prevent a new legend entering the field.
my two bobs worth

Mate as much as it sounds like a great idea unfortunately it would be too hard to police. The league just doesn't have the resources to monitor it. And to top things off and the biggest reason of all is CASH, CASH CASH CASH-Cant monitor cash, cash is king

Rumor has it that Darley wants Lee Cox back, but i think Darley wont match his salary that he has at hepburn now, everyone is saying hepburn have high match payments.

Andy Mckay would be handy at Bacchus marsh. they need all the help they can get.

Whilst out on Friday night i heard that the Waubra Best and Fairest on was dominated by the full forwards who also took home the goal kicking awards for the night. Luke Molloy in the Reserves (i was told apparently a great effort for someone who didn't hit the training track for the season) and Fridge Brown in the Seniors. Brown took his first ever senior best and fairest award home from Danny Liston who was a deserved runner up. Great to see Fridge finally rewarded. 300 goals in 3 seasons great effort Fridge. :thumbsu:

The Lancefield Football/Netball Club is a close knit family club affiliated in the Riddell District Football League. Having just missed out on finals in 2008 we are looking to take the next step in 2009, and are well set up both on and off the field to do so.

We are currently seeking expressions of interest for season 2009 in the following positions:

* Senior Coach
* Reserves Coach
* Under 18's Coach

Anybody with interest PM me for more details, or email the club at info@lancefieldfc.org.au

Hepburn's B & F was held tonight with Ross Mann winning by 12 votes, had a very consistant year. Lee Cox 2nd two votes clear of Andy McKay. Matt Peake finished 4th.
In the two's Nick Walsh won by 2 votes . Trent Saunders and Matt Layfield equal 2nd.. matt williams 4th
Walsh did do pretty well to win. What a star. See his mark in the granny??

I know how everyone loves to hear my opinons so i wanted to share a recent observation.
With clubs already paying for advertising for coaches etc in readiness for the 2009 season why not throw in an extra line, along the lines of, also seeking club umpires? surely all clubs could use an increased stock of basically trained umps and it might just give someone the incentive or available avenue to give it a try, people who might be a bit unsure about the full on side of being an umpire.....just a thought.

Rumor has it that Darley wants Lee Cox back, but i think Darley wont match his salary that he has at hepburn now, everyone is saying hepburn have high match payments.

Andy Mckay would be handy at Bacchus marsh. they need all the help they can get.

Hepburn has re-signed all players from their 2008 list according to a person close to this information.

From what i know, most have signed on with Bungaree from this year... With Bryce Nicholson now in charge of the Football Department, and between him and Reedy heavily scouting, the club should be looking good...

just a question.. when is everyone starting pre season?
Bungaree go for a camp on November 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back