Central Murray 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers Roota, looking forward to coming home and watching my old mob in the twos granny. Are TooleyManang any chance in the ones??

I haven't seen any footy up home this season but spoke to my old man who thinks Kerang should win comfortably as do I.

Having said that Kerang have gone in to GF's in this position before and have buggered it up. Tooleytang have some super player so you never know

Turned out to be a fairly big storm in a small tea cup by the looks of it
Roota once again you have no idea just like your footy career Kerang played a thirds kid that had only played 3 games not 4 they took him off in the first quarter when they realised the league said they would wipe there score and then keep playing they won by 15 goals and then after the game the league said bad luck and awarded the game to Tooley/Manang thats coming from a player that plays for kerang i have no affilliation with kerang just stating what the kerang player told me.

Roota once again you have no idea just like your footy career Kerang played a thirds
kid that had only played 3 games not 4 they took him off in the first quarter when they realised the league said they would wipe there score and then keep playing they won by 15 goals and then after the game the league said bad luck and awarded the game to Tooley/Manang thats coming from a player that plays for kerang i have no affilliation with kerang just stating what the kerang player told me.

The kid in question had only played two games not three , they didn't win by 15 goals it was more like 9, and the fact he hasn't played 4 doesn't matter as to be eligible to play you must play 20% of your games in the reserves grade. Rules are pretty clear Kerang got wrong

Roota once again you have no idea just like your footy career Kerang played a thirds kid that had only played 3 games not 4 they took him off in the first quarter when they realised the league said they would wipe there score and then keep playing they won by 15 goals and then after the game the league said bad luck and awarded the game to Tooley/Manang thats coming from a player that plays for kerang i have no affilliation with kerang just stating what the kerang player told me.

Not sure if its the same up there, but there can be a bit of confusion around this.
as i understand it, If both Seniors and Reserves are playing on the same day then as long as a player has played 2-3 (what ever the league rule is) games for the CLUB (can be thirds) then they can play either grade, if its just the one side playing on the day then the rule disappears.

Not sure if its the same up there, but there can be a bit of confusion around this.
as i understand it, If both Seniors and Reserves are playing on the same day then as long as a player has played 2-3 (what ever the league rule is) games for the CLUB (can be thirds) then they can play either grade, if its just the one side playing on the day then the rule disappears.
you need to have played 20% of your games in the reserves to qualify for the finals, if you play the whole season that is 4, once you have played 11 senior games you cannot play reserves unless the seniors and reserves are playing on the same day. if a colts kid has to play reserves due to the reserves having low numbers, an exemption from the league needs to be obtained. from my understanding Kerang had players qualified to play reserves but did not pick them.

Hey mate was going off what I was told...just like you were

So, let me get this straight. Kerang were in trouble last week for playing unqualified players then they did it again this week! Is that what happened?? Retiredtoolong this storm in a teacup now appears to be a hurricane in a thimble

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, let me get this straight. Kerang were in trouble last week for playing unqualified players then they did it again this week! Is that what happened?? Retiredtoolong this storm in a teacup now appears to be a hurricane in a thimble
To Quote from the Swan Hill Guardian Newspaper:
KERANG has contacted AFL Victoria in a bid to have its preliminary final win over Tooleybuc Manangatang reinstated.

The Blues recorded a big 10-goal plus win over the Saints only to have the result overturned after it was discovered that Kerang had fielded an ineligible player.

The Central Murray Football Netball League acknowledged that Under 18s player Jake Schroeder's appearance in Saturday's game at Barham was due to an administrative error by club officials and not as a result of any malicious intent on the Blues' behalf.

He was found not to have played the minimum number of games prior to this year's finals series and removed from the game at quarter-time to take no further part.

While acknowledging that Kerang might have initially been told only its first quarter total would be removed — resulting in a still-very-big win to the Blues — CMFNL manager Scott Wishart stood by the league's decision which he said resulted from sanctions clearly mandated by the competition's by-laws. Players from both sides were told after the game that the result had been overturned according to the rules.

"The by-laws are very clear that if a club plays an ineligible player during finals they forfeit that game," he said.

"The CMFNL believe in no way did Kerang mean to do anything untoward, it was an honest mistake on behalf of the club. But the by-laws are very clear," he said.

Wishart said the issue was unrelated to controversy earlier in the finals series when a number of Kerang players played senior and reserves games on the same weekend.

He said yesterday afternoon Kerang had informally notified the league it would seek to appeal the decision.

"Kerang has notified us they would be looking into their options but haven't cited anything formally yet," he said.

To Quote from the Swan Hill Guardian Newspaper:
KERANG has contacted AFL Victoria in a bid to have its preliminary final win over Tooleybuc Manangatang reinstated.

The Blues recorded a big 10-goal plus win over the Saints only to have the result overturned after it was discovered that Kerang had fielded an ineligible player.

The Central Murray Football Netball League acknowledged that Under 18s player Jake Schroeder's appearance in Saturday's game at Barham was due to an administrative error by club officials and not as a result of any malicious intent on the Blues' behalf.

He was found not to have played the minimum number of games prior to this year's finals series and removed from the game at quarter-time to take no further part.

While acknowledging that Kerang might have initially been told only its first quarter total would be removed — resulting in a still-very-big win to the Blues — CMFNL manager Scott Wishart stood by the league's decision which he said resulted from sanctions clearly mandated by the competition's by-laws. Players from both sides were told after the game that the result had been overturned according to the rules.

"The by-laws are very clear that if a club plays an ineligible player during finals they forfeit that game," he said.

"The CMFNL believe in no way did Kerang mean to do anything untoward, it was an honest mistake on behalf of the club. But the by-laws are very clear," he said.

Wishart said the issue was unrelated to controversy earlier in the finals series when a number of Kerang players played senior and reserves games on the same weekend.

He said yesterday afternoon Kerang had informally notified the league it would seek to appeal the decision.

"Kerang has notified us they would be looking into their options but haven't cited anything formally yet," he said.

is there an outcome yet?? whens the appeal take place?

Notice the blues have adopted a co coach system for next year, what's the chances of looking at joining the bfl in the not to distant future as both coaches are living there and shorter distances for recruits and locals to travel back from bendigo and melbourne as well as testing themselves in a bigger league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back