Central Murray 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes has terrific record and comes highly regarded. An outside set of eyes won't be a bad thing either. Fingers crossed the boys get a better run with injury in 17
just to let you now some good signings coming your way.Stay tunned even you will be surprised.

Read a report that the umpiring bodies of the Golden Rivers and Central Murray are set to become one entity so that there is a spread over the region. Speaking with one of the Golden Rivers umpires, there seems to be a glitch with the proposal, in that the Golden Rivers body is none too happy with this merger and are now considering joining the Bendigo umpires. If the Golden Rivers umpires go through with this action then it will be a disaster. Umpires are thin on the ground now so if the Central Murray guys have to look over two leagues, then the standard will drop. Article here.

just to let you now some good signings coming your way.Stay tunned even you will be surprised.

Take more than a few good signings to surprise the old Roota, he's been around far too long to get sucked into anything this time of year :p

In saying that I did see two guys working bloody has with a PT at a field in Highlands last night who I'm told may be joining their 2016 coach at a CMFL club, both looked pretty fit too ;)

Just a quick note to say how great it was to see such an amazing turn out for a legendary trainer and clubman Dace on Friday. He gave so much to our club and was one of the main reasons why I loved travelling back home to play when we were about stuffed and a huge factor in helping turn the place around. He also made contributions at other clubs and across the league in general. Thanks for everything Dace you will always be in the hearts of all the Eagles

Sad to hear former balranald coach Karl Jacka has lost his fight against stomach cancer at just 35. Our clubs were in vastly different positions when I played against him but he was always very respectful and encouraging towards our kids. Condolences to his family, friends and former teammates up at Greenham Park

Read a report that the umpiring bodies of the Golden Rivers and Central Murray are set to become one entity so that there is a spread over the region. Speaking with one of the Golden Rivers umpires, there seems to be a glitch with the proposal, in that the Golden Rivers body is none too happy with this merger and are now considering joining the Bendigo umpires. If the Golden Rivers umpires go through with this action then it will be a disaster. Umpires are thin on the ground now so if the Central Murray guys have to look over two leagues, then the standard will drop. Article here.

This is going to happen most centrals currently running in Golden rivers are going to Bendigo of the 14 central umpires in the group all but one are going to retire or go too Bendigo. Most of the kids also wil continue to run with this group. CMUA which sold out about five years ago is in the s**t only had enough umpires this year because of former NDUA that weren't up to grade going over to CM and just making up numbers. look for club umpires running Golden rivers and Lower CM games in the 2017 season.

Last edited:
Just a quick note to say how great it was to see such an amazing turn out for a legendary trainer and clubman Dace on Friday. He gave so much to our club and was one of the main reasons why I loved travelling back home to play when we were about stuffed and a huge factor in helping turn the place around. He also made contributions at other clubs and across the league in general. Thanks for everything Dace you will always be in the hearts of all the Eagles

How are the lalbert boys travelling roota? Been through a few lean years but the recent off field stuff must have banged them around?

How are the lalbert boys travelling roota? Been through a few lean years but the recent off field stuff must have banged them around?

The on field side of things is coming together well I think. It hasn't been a great past decade or more on thst front but i think they are tracking ok for this season.

Off the field there have been some tragedies as u say. Everyone has stuck together and looked after each other but u are right it does take a toll. Those that we have lost were such great people and it leaves a hole in the joint that's for sure

The on field side of things is coming together well I think. It hasn't been a great past decade or more on thst front but i think they are tracking ok for this season.

Off the field there have been some tragedies as u say. Everyone has stuck together and looked after each other but u are right it does take a toll. Those that we have lost were such great people and it leaves a hole in the joint that's for sure
You have signed a couple stars from Romsey Zac Saad and Wally saad

Tooleytang go bang with a few big recruits. Cox back in front of the big sticks. Salesi Uhi back where it all started and a couple of NTFL stars in Dion Munkara and Rocco Tungatulum.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some promising recruits coming into the league on the clearance page. Swan hill and tooley in particular. Kerang goes bang with 2 guns

Roota any ladder predictions at this early stage?

Kerang to finish top! Koondrook look like they may drop off a touch. Cohuna to improve but as far as where sides will finish its hard for me to know as I'm really out of the loop these days. I reckon it could be a really even season apart from Kerang out in front

If they have a better run with injury they should naturally improve. Mitch Bosward going out is a big loss but am told there is some quality amongst the ins

Has Andrew Mcdonald made a comeback as yet?
Marty Kelly is a wonderful pick up for Kerang, I'd be suprised if anyone picks up better than him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back