Central Murray 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roota's beloved Eagles falter by the barest of margins to Swan Hill. Kerang had a good struggle against Woorinen, so now we are down to 3. Will Paddy Dow be available now for the Swans? If he is, a midfield consisting of Dow, Wade and Maloney will be mouth watering.
It would have been pretty tough to take for the Eagles going out in the way they did. It was an extremely disappointing finals series.
I can't see the Swan's getting within 7 or 8 goals next week unless they somehow get Dow, Mertz and Dullard back. Should be a cracking Grand Final, the Tigers sure took it up to Kerang on the Saturday.

Thank you to my brother who showed me the vision but there was something that was posted on the Kerang Football Club Facebook page which deserves scrutiny. Bronson Booth was felled behind play by a Woorinen player with Booth now to miss the Grand Final with a broken jaw. There is vision of the incident. The act was deliberate and therefore worthy of a lenghty suspension. Apparently a Kerang official met with Brookshaw which was fobbed off with a farcical statement in that 'only league footage can be used for the Match Review Panel'. Then what the hell is the use of the investigation process if not all available vision and eyewitness testimony is admittable? If you so desire, head over to the Facebook page and see for yourself. A disgraceful act and if this player kicks a bag to get Woorinen home against Swan Hill and then goes on to win the flag, then he should thank his lucky stars.

Thank you to my brother who showed me the vision but there was something that was posted on the Kerang Football Club Facebook page which deserves scrutiny. Bronson Booth was felled behind play by a Woorinen player with Booth now to miss the Grand Final with a broken jaw. There is vision of the incident. The act was deliberate and therefore worthy of a lenghty suspension. Apparently a Kerang official met with Brookshaw which was fobbed off with a farcical statement in that 'only league footage can be used for the Match Review Panel'. Then what the hell is the use of the investigation process if not all available vision and eyewitness testimony is admittable? If you so desire, head over to the Facebook page and see for yourself. A disgraceful act and if this player kicks a bag to get Woorinen home against Swan Hill and then goes on to win the flag, then he should thank his lucky stars.

Geez that's no good at all. This is exactly what the investigation process is for.

I can't say I'm surprised tho. I was king hit and had my jaw smashed many years ago. It happened right in front of a league official. He provided a witness statement to the investigation confirming that he saw that I was king hit yet the tribunal would not accept the evidence...player did not get a single week

The worst thing is he will be playing a major part in the Grand Final. I missed the incident and haven't seen the footage but from what I was hearing it would be a foregone conclusion that he would be rubbed out once the footage was seen.
If they have the footage and the league are not going to take it seriously they should release it publicly and shame the league into doing the right thing.
I may sound like a conspiracy theorist here but maybe the club but more so the player are getting favourable treatment because of who they are. After saying that I haven't seen the footage so just going off hearsay

The worst thing is he will be playing a major part in the Grand Final. I missed the incident and haven't seen the footage but from what I was hearing it would be a foregone conclusion that he would be rubbed out once the footage was seen.
If they have the footage and the league are not going to take it seriously they should release it publicly and shame the league into doing the right thing.
I may sound like a conspiracy theorist here but maybe the club but more so the player are getting favourable treatment because of who they are. After saying that I haven't seen the footage so just going off hearsay

What does AFL Vic have to say about it??

What does AFL Vic have to say about it??
I really wouldn't know but I find it hard to believe you can have footage of a behind the play hit and they would not let the league use it. I actually can't remember exactly what happened but I think a Murrabit player was reported last season before the grand final and he got off because of footage shown at the tribunal so I call bull$hit

From what I gather the league can take up to 10 days to appoint an investigator to look into the matter and from there, they can use the footage that is on the Kerang Facebook page. But why take so long to convene when there is footage available? It clearly shows the incident so not only should Kerang be aggrieved, Swan Hill would be nonplussed as to why the player involved is ready to go this weekend.

It has a bit of Matthews v Bruns flavour about it. In that it was right behind the Umpire.
Would be interesting to see how the League would react if it were the other way round.
Let's not mince words, when Kerang Rovers Appin were first formed, they were looked upon with ridicule, especially by the Swan Hill clubs. We were smashed on the ground but when the Blues started making finals series and claimed the flag in 2004, that attitude shifted to one of hatred. Kerang are the envy of the league and there would be a few officials who would like to see them go down. League inaction on this issue would only strengthen the conspiracy theorist in me.

Well it seems as if the league are doing the right thing now so you just have to hope that it is because they actually wanted to and not because they have been forced into action. If it's the latter then it's a disgrace.

Also I was wrong earlier it was apparently a Nully player against Murrabit who got off a report from an umpire in the finals last year because they footage of the incident.

Let's not mince words, when Kerang Rovers Appin were first formed, they were looked upon with ridicule, especially by the Swan Hill clubs. We were smashed on the ground but when the Blues started making finals series and claimed the flag in 2004, that attitude shifted to one of hatred. Kerang are the envy of the league and there would be a few officials who would like to see them go down. League inaction on this issue would only strengthen the conspiracy theorist in me.

There was investigation last week in the Sunraysia Football Netball league after a game between Robinvale and Mildura that was played 4 weeks ago. Robinvale lodged a complaint to the league after 1 of their players was felled in a marking contest. This incident was then investigated by the league and the player sent to the tribunal. Robinvale had taped footage of the game and therefore the incident, this was used in the investigation and at the tribunal. If it is available, it should be used and then all doubt is taken away from what really happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It has a bit of Matthews v Bruns flavour about it. In that it was right behind the Umpire.
Would be interesting to see how the League would react if it were the other way round.
What a disgrace vet you would think the league would act swiftly like the northern league did earlier this year king hits have no place in todays game just imagine if the footage gets out to the larrger media what will brookshaw say

What a disgrace vet you would think the league would act swiftly like the northern league did earlier this year king hits have no place in todays game just imagine if the footage gets out to the larrger media what will brookshaw say
Get Damien Barrett on the case. Hutchy not fit to polish Caroline Wilson's shoes that's how bad he is.

All getting a bit nasty now. Kerang not going to attend the league medal count which Marty Kelly may well win.

Have Kerang spoken to AFL Vic about this?
I don't have any problem with any club that wishes to bypass the medal count. Yes Kelly and indeed Davis are well in contention but I think they would rather another medal come Saturday afternoon. I am not sure if any Kerang officials have met with AFL Victoria, may have just conceded that the 'process' will take it's course.

What happens if Palmer wins the Betts today & then gets suspended after an investigation? Do they have to take it back & give to the runner up?

With reference to the actual investigation, I might be wrong, but if the CMFNL has similar regulations to some other leagues then the following will probably be the issues.
Firstly the league has a Match Review Panel which has rules it must follow, & these probably can only be changed by moving a motion at the AGM with 28 days notice to all clubs blah blah... It sounds like one is that it cannot admit other evidence like videos apart from the official one. I don't agree with this but I think they would have their reasons (like not encouraging clubs to video the opposition star player the whole game hoping for a brain fade moment, or even goding him into doing something stupid)
Then the league can refer to an independent investigator, who, I think, can pretty much collect any evidence he wants. This is where the Kerang Video might be able to be used. This process can be pretty slow, but it obviously wont happen at all unless it is referred by the league.
A few years ago in the NCFL a letter from a club asking for investigation into one of its players being hit after the ball had gone resulted in this happening. I reckon it took about 4 or 5 weeks before a decision was handed down....Don't know if it is possible to fast track, but again, that will only happen if the CMFNL pushes it along.
Was named best checking results at Sporting Pulse. I don't think Swan Hill would be real pleased with that.

Last edited:
What happens if Palmer wins the Betts today & then gets suspended after an investigation? Do they have to take it back & give to the runner up?

With reference to the actual investigation, I might be wrong, but if the CMFNL has similar regulations to some other leagues then the following will probably be the issues.
Firstly the league has a Match Review Panel which has rules it must follow, & these probably can only be changed by moving a motion at the AGM with 28 days notice to all clubs blah blah... It sounds like one is that it cannot admit other evidence like videos apart from the official one. I don't agree with this but I think they would have their reasons (like not encouraging clubs to video the opposition star player the whole game hoping for a brain fade moment, or even goding him into doing something stupid)
Then the league can refer to an independent investigator, who, I think, can pretty much collect any evidence he wants. This is where the Kerang Video might be able to be used. This process can be pretty slow, but it obviously wont happen at all unless it is referred by the league.
A few years ago in the NCFL a letter from a club asking for investigation into one of its players being hit after the ball had gone resulted in this happening. I reckon it took about 4 or 5 weeks before a decision was handed down....Don't know if it is possible to fast track, but again, that will only happen if the CMFNL pushes it along.
Doubt he will win but if he did, he would keep it, due to the infraction being in the finals rather than the regular season.

Doubt he will win but if he did, he would keep it, due to the infraction being in the finals rather than the regular season.
I see a similar incident occured in the geelong district footy league on the weekend where they have already made a decision at the tribunal. What is the cmfl doing??? If they suspend palmer now what does that do to the prelim final result, surely swan hill would not be happy. What a balls up by the league heads have to roll

Looming as a spicey contest. Looking forward to coming up to watch the brother and the Eagles 2's then having few froths and watching the Tigs and Blues go at each other.

Also whilst I am here a good friend of mine just advised me that former Blue Jack Betts medalist and also,Lake Boga player Brent Forsyth passed away up in Qld. Condolences to his friends and family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back