Central Murray 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Palmer plays? Kerang got anyone in their side that could wander down and square up?
Its a disgrace roota that palmer can play after what happened. Booth misses a grand final and palmer gets rewarded by old mate brookshaw.
Id expect the blues to be harnessing all their energy on the pill roota for 6 straight. Would like to see palmer throw himself into the ruck though

ROOTA#6 , a birdie informs me there was a little spice thrown around between a player and coach after the SH loss @ mallee eagles. And there's a meeting to take place. If true, player needs his head pulled in

ROOTA#6 , a birdie informs me there was a little spice thrown around between a player and coach after the SH loss @ mallee eagles. And there's a meeting to take place. If true, player needs his head pulled in

Honestly mate until yesterday I had not been at the club for months.

I was home yesterday to see my brother and the Eagles 2's claim the flag and there was no mention of anything and everyone seemed to be having a great day

Honestly mate until yesterday I had not been at the club for months.

I was home yesterday to see my brother and the Eagles 2's claim the flag and there was no mention of anything and everyone seemed to be having a great day
Fair enough mate. Well done to the reserves!

Could u give us a run down of the senior game roota, was it a fiery game

To be honest mate I didn't see a lot of it. Spent a lot of time with the 2s' boys in their celebrations! The bit I did see was pretty even until the tigers injuries started to take effect. I also managed to see Matho put a coiple of nice ones on Aaron Cadds chin!!

Has Doug Palmer been brought to account as yet? Looking for any media reports online and have not been able to find anything.
And on a sombre note, former Betts Medallist Brent Forsythe will be laid to rest today in Hamilton. RIP Bluey.

I heard on MixxFM that the Palmer case will be heard this week sometime. Not to put too fine a word on it, but it's about bloody time. I am sure that Palmer himself would want it all over with.

Has the investigation on Palmer concluded yet? What was the result?

And where is this mess between kerang and the board at? Sad the Cmfl board are making kerang out as the bad guys...they were playing by the rules then had a player get a broken jaw from a king hit, innocent bloke misses gf whilst bloke who potentially and allegedly carried out a criminal and dog act gets rewarded, allowed to play prelim and gf then board gets into kerang like palmer is the victim of their online rubbish going on.

What an absolute balls up and terrible look for the cmfl as a whole. Wish this pathetic board would put more energy into protecting players in the future than go after the innocent clubs who are victim of these low life cowardly thug acts of violence on a footy field. Since its on video and there is sufficient evidence is there any chance criminal charges to be pursued if guilty? Time to stamp this out of country footy

Last edited:
I would consider myself although a former blue a neutral observer of this. I would have thought the leagues best interest is to protect their players.
The facts are a kerang player was king hit with video evidence, yet the perpetrator is allowed to play the next 2 finals including the gf. Even though the league has seen footage of the incident, they have delayed the suspension until after the season claiming due process. You can still go through the due process within the preliminary final week. All the investigation officer had to do was see the footage and send the player straight to the tribunal, its clear cut. Look at other leagues , the northern league sent ali fahour straight to the tribunal again after spectator footage was shown via social media where he got 8 weeks and he didnt break a jaw. The geelong and district had something similar occur in a prelim wjere the player was suspended before the gf.

Now how are kerang guilty of bringing the game into direpute? Never once did i read the kerang president outline anything untoward the league other than state the facts. They made the correct decision in not turning up to the league count due to the lack of action by the old mid murray constituents where there would be hostility within the room. The non actions are turning the league into a laughing stock on how they have dealt with this and trying to portray themselves not the player with the broken jaw as the victims.[/QUOTE]

I think calling it a king hit is too harsh and it was more of just abit of a cheap shot. The league have embarrassed themselves in all of this and now are somehow trying to shift the blame onto Kerang which is just pathetic. It has also not been fair on Palmer either. It is almost as if Palmer is being blamed for the leagues inaction which isn't fair on him. If it was dealt with properly at the begging everyone would have just moved on but the league has created a circus and now are doing everything they can to save face

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some great points in the above couple of posts, in particular as Trent said all the investigator had to do was see the footage, look at the outcome and send it straight to the tribuneral BEFORE the gf. Lucky kerang won or the result would have been comprimised if palmer is found guilty as far as i am concerned.

Yes the league is trying to divert attention somewhere else as they were exposed for their complete inability to handle this situation in an efficient, fair and timely manner.

Who knows maybe all this criticism has opened their eyes as to how poor they were, i did notice there is an expression of interest out on cmfl facebook page for an investigations officer and board members next year. Suggests to me they almost acknowledge they have stuffed this one up bad!

How many departures will there be from Kerang with Coatsey coaching Strathfieldsaye in 2018?
Some great points in the above couple of posts, in particular as Trent said all the investigator had to do was see the footage, look at the outcome and send it straight to the tribuneral BEFORE the gf. Lucky kerang won or the result would have been comprimised if palmer is found guilty as far as i am concerned.

Yes the league is trying to divert attention somewhere else as they were exposed for their complete inability to handle this situation in an efficient, fair and timely manner.

Who knows maybe all this criticism has opened their eyes as to how poor they were, i did notice there is an expression of interest out on cmfl facebook page for an investigations officer and board members next year. Suggests to me they almost acknowledge they have stuffed this one up bad!

Bit rich here. Kerang players had no issues calling a certain koondrook player after their grand final win last year threatening him and his partner.

Bit rich here. Kerang players had no issues calling a certain koondrook player after their grand final win last year threatening him and his partner.
Never heard about this, untidy if remotely true and again im sure if it was a real issue it would have been addressed back then.

I dont follow this league much but i am strongly against violence and cowards punching on a footy field hence why i took an interest when i heard about this incident. It has been resolved now finally....

http://www.theguardian.com.au/story/4962597/palmer-handed-ban/?cs=1522

Gotta feel for the poor bloke who got a broken jaw and the team who bowed out in the prelim as they played a full strength team who should really have been without their gun forward.

Moving forward hopefully the board learn from this and maybe even consult with other more competent leagues in the future if they are incapable of dealing with major issues in a timely manner particularly when they relate to player safety and competition fairness to all clubs.

Being new to the league, I know nothing of traditional rivalries etc. so hope I am outside the bias that might come with history, but I am interested in the comment in today's Guardian (the hard copy, its not part of the article at the link above) that the CMFNL "official footage..confirmed that" (he was hitting him with the shoulder). "So there was no need for the Kerang video".... If it is the case that the official video showed the hit then why didn't the league act on the official video earlier? This doesn't seem to make sense. Are any of you able to explain this to me?
I have no issue with Doug Palmer, & haven't seen the video which shows the collision, but surely this could have all been cleared up within the week after the incident.
The issue of Kerang players calling a Koondrook player after last year's GF is an entirely different issue, & should have been dealt with separately.

After the balls up and now belated suspension being handed down, let's talk footy. Coates indeed to Strath as Roota points out. As good as Troy has been for the past decade, Kerang will cover his loss by securing the services of a similar player. It what continued success does, you attract quality. Cam Barrett I believe coaching Balranald after a stint in the big smoke. Will be interested to see how he goes with that, appointed for 2 years. I am sure he would have made some enquiries about players down there to join Balranald.

After the balls up and now belated suspension being handed down, let's talk footy. Coates indeed to Strath as Roota points out. As good as Troy has been for the past decade, Kerang will cover his loss by securing the services of a similar player. It what continued success does, you attract quality. Cam Barrett I believe coaching Balranald after a stint in the big smoke. Will be interested to see how he goes with that, appointed for 2 years. I am sure he would have made some enquiries about players down there to join Balranald.

Will he take anyone with him. Word in Strath is that Gillingham will be there alongside him

Are you coming out of retirement kid to replace coatsy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back