Central Murray 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the most naturally talented kid I've seen come through this area.

The two Heslop's and Farrell would cover Swan Hill's outs you would think. Probably only leaves them a player short from being a real chance this season

Kayle is a nice young kid. I honestly hope he is ok with his health.

I like the Heslop boys but they are a bit hit and miss aren't they? I don't know young Farrell.

Anyone landing any blows?

Kayle is a nice young kid. I honestly hope he is ok with his health.

I like the Heslop boys but they are a bit hit and miss aren't they? I don't know young Farrell.

Anyone landing any blows?
I watched abit of them at Tooly and Matt was a great player there. I've only seen them play maybe half a dozen times since in games against Ultima. Their best is great but as you said can be a little up and down. They were both great in the Grand Final this season and probably suit CM football more. Most sides will have trouble finding someone to play on Kal.
Farrell I rate really highly. I've probably watched him a dozen times over the last couple of years and he's always impressive and will only get better.

Mainly hearing outs, apparently Woorinen could lose a fair few but haven't heard much about ins.

Probably the most naturally talented kid I've seen come through this area.

The two Heslop's and Farrell would cover Swan Hill's outs you would think. Probably only leaves them a player short from being a real chance this season

Big call there. 3 quality players from the Golden rivers being enough to help the swans go all the way? And thats assuming the other top sides dont improve. Big call. Im hearing Balranald and Cohuna are having an almighty crack.

Big call there. 3 quality players from the Golden rivers being enough to help the swans go all the way? And thats assuming the other top sides dont improve. Big call. Im hearing Balranald and Cohuna are having an almighty crack.
Totally assuming other sides don't improve and in fact go backwards because I've heard bugger all about ins for other sides which will obviously change.
I think Kal kicked 50 or 60 when he was about 20 playing for an average Toolybuc and Matt was better than him so they will probably be better than 80% of blokes currently running around in the CM. I haven't seen many kids running around much better than Farrell either. In saying that I think Austy Mertz was easily the best.
That's good to hear about Cohuna and Balranald. Both are probably within striking distance of the top sides with a big off season

Mallee Eagles are going hard in the recruiting stakes. I think I counted five WRFL div 1 players from Caroline Springs have lodged clearance applications today. Backus, Brook, Degebriele, Hickman and Kilworth would make up the car load! Hickman if the same one) was a key defender last time I saw him but wouldn't have a clue about the rest. Are some of them returning players?

Last edited:
Mallee Eagles are going hard in the recruiting stakes. I think I counted five WRFL div 1 players from Caroline Springs have lodged clearance applications today. Backus, Brook, Degebriele, Hickman and Kilworth would make up the car load! Hickman if the same one) was a key defender last time I saw him but wouldn't have a clue about the rest. Are some of them returning players?

All new players but with a connection to the coach is my understanding

Is that your old mob roota? Imagine they would all come in as 4-5 pointers. Assuming Saad Saad might be exiting.
Do Mallee still have a 42 point threshold in 2018?

Yes it's my old mob..not sure on points allocation etc but do know there will be some departures..Saad is not one of them as far as I know. I'm at a distance though these days so I could be wrong

Just been doing a bit of background on some of the additions for my eagles. Rex Hickman is a CHF who represented Vic Metro this past season. Obviously a high quality player to be selected in that side given the strength of Metro footy in Melbourne. Degabriele has SANFL level experience and is a strong midfield type.

Just been doing a bit of background on some of the additions for my eagles. Rex Hickman is a CHF who represented Vic Metro this past season. Obviously a high quality player to be selected in that side given the strength of Metro footy in Melbourne. Degabriele has SANFL level experience and is a strong midfield type.

Having a look I see Kilworth won the NSW Sydney AFL B&F in 2011 and was a NSW rep player as well. On the WRFL website
"It isn’t all good news for Caroline Springs, with some of their star players on the move.
Jason Degabriele, Rex Hickman, Daniel Backus and Justin Brook have all put in transfers to the Mallee Eagles in the Central Murray Football League.
Both Degabriele and Hickman represented the WRFL in senior interleague, with Hickman going on to play with Vic Metro".

Hickman is handy as he'll provide some positional flexibility, which for a bigger bloke certainly holds some value.
He was on the Roosters list IIRC and has played rep footy across the BFL/RDFL & WRFL so he can certainly play, the key will be to get him to stick around as he does have a tendency to move around a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back