Central Murray 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As well as Djekkurra they have picked up Rodney Baird from NT Thunder, a Tambling from Wanderers and Patrick Heenan from Tiwi. All more than handy footballers. At this point in time it looks like they could be real contenders given the departures from the better teams in the league.

Djekkurra is very handy, Baird might give the opposition some headaches, and Heenan a smooth mover. Tambling from Wanderers I don't recognise. So that's at least 3 good inclusions. Depends how often they play, and what other gains and losses they have.

My guess would be

Eagles
Woora
Swan Hill

Then have a huge bunch

Toolytang
Balranald
Kerang
Barham
Cohuna

Any order those teams finish in wouldn’t surprise, than the bottom teams

Tyntynder
Boga
Nyah

Roota, you were on the money with Huntly, looks like he had a good game along with O'Dwyer. Some good pickups for the Raiders.

Screenshot_20190413-175717_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20190413-175717_Samsung Internet.jpg
What's the deal with Mallee Eagles Roots?
Played at max points on Saturday with a few 2s at best to keep the numbers down, which really hasn't strengthened the side. Looking at it, if Saad Saad is still playing thered literally be no room, nor any room for even a 2 point recruit. Is it a case of recruiting to many 5/4 point players without knowing?

Dunno mate as I’m not involved in any capacity. But what I know is that given the recent injury history at the club it won’t matter and everyone available will eventually fit in. I’ve always found its better to have too many blokes wanting to play for you than not enough..and given where the club has come from especially in my days when we were whipping boys im quite happy to have an issue with points!

Dunno mate as I’m not involved in any capacity. But what I know is that given the recent injury history at the club it won’t matter and everyone available will eventually fit in. I’ve always found its better to have too many blokes wanting to play for you than not enough..and given where the club has come from especially in my days when we were whipping boys im quite happy to have an issue with points!

Being from lalbert myself I know what you're talking about (oo mysterious), in theory what you say is correct, but blokes aren't going to travel 4.5 hours to play in the 2s with Backus and Brooke heading back to CS. I just think it's been a little overlooked until it's too late at how many points each player is.
But your brother would be happy to take any point overflowers for sure😆

Being from lalbert myself I know what you're talking about (oo mysterious), in theory what you say is correct, but blokes aren't going to travel 4.5 hours to play in the 2s with Backus and Brooke heading back to CS. I just think it's been a little overlooked until it's too late at how many points each player is.
But your brother would be happy to take any point overflowers for sure😆

I do know there was some confusion regarding the points criteria and you are right you can’t ask blokes to travel from Melbourne to play 2’s but there are worse problems to have in my view. The eagles will be fine.

I do know there was some confusion regarding the points criteria and you are right you can’t ask blokes to travel from Melbourne to play 2’s but there are worse problems to have in my view. The eagles will be fine.

My point being, is flooding with 4-5 pointers can weaken a side, having to simply fill the remaining spots with any 1 pointers you can find.
Cbf looking up how CMFL points work but not sure how Heslop at SH is 3 after kicking boatloads in another league repeatedly. On a list management side, I'd say TM is on the money with lesser point players, but more of them, and had a bloody good win over the Tiges.

But interesting round. And Kerang will be an interest losing a few including Cotchett.
But I'm going to put the league into groups of strength, in no particular order

Tooley/Manang
Cohuna
Koondrook/Barham

Followed closely by:
Swan Hill
Woorinen
Kerang
Mallee Eagles if they sort their points per week.

Improved next in:
Balranald
Tyntynder

Then rear guards:
Nyah
Boga

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My point being, is flooding with 4-5 pointers can weaken a side, having to simply fill the remaining spots with any 1 pointers you can find.
Cbf looking up how CMFL points work but not sure how Heslop at SH is 3 after kicking boatloads in another league repeatedly. On a list management side, I'd say TM is on the money with lesser point players, but more of them, and had a bloody good win over the Tiges.

Tooleybuc will be dangerous if they can get those NT boys to stay through the winter months. The Raiders are the side to watch for me..high quality on ball recruits and Cam Arnold fit will be hard to beat

Tooleybuc will be dangerous if they can get those NT boys to stay through the winter months. The Raiders are the side to watch for me..high quality on ball recruits and Cam Arnold fit will be hard to beat
What's dangerous is having a quality forward, but having enough avenues to overcome him if he's focused on. They did the job without him scoring I think but he was in the best.
I think Tooley had 1 or 2 from out of Sunraysia too. Plus Erlandson. I think all 3 are serviceable enough in a lean year that you wouldn't want to play half asleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back