Central Murray 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope it's a Cohuna vs K-B grand final.
Don't forget the big 3 have barely fired a shot yet.
Swan Hill didn't do a whole lot of recruiting last year and got Heslop who's leaving. They've got a good base and likely have points and money to play with, so I'd expect a key forward, maybe a ruckman amongst others.
Tyntynder lose Trent Collins, and gain 2 former players whichll be low on points, so they'll have room for more.
And Kerang, Coates will probably have the teledex opened on N for Nightcliff, and if they kept Wilson and chased after a Wills, Riley or Illett they'd be laughing

Swan Hill didn't do a whole lot of recruiting last year and got Heslop who's leaving. They've got a good base and likely have points and money to play with, so I'd expect a key forward, maybe a ruckman amongst others.
Tyntynder lose Trent Collins, and gain 2 former players whichll be low on points, so they'll have room for more.
And Kerang, Coates will probably have the teledex opened on N for Nightcliff, and if they kept Wilson and chased after a Wills, Riley or Illett they'd be laughing
I don’t think you will see Wilson back after the season he had last year with injuries

These two fellas will be playing at Tongala

I don't think Swan Hill are in the ball park with the big spenders of the Competition that's why they tend to finish 4th and 5th. Unless they get a couple of quality recruits in the run to the start of the Season I reckon they might miss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Swan Hill are in the ball park with the big spenders of the Competition that's why they tend to finish 4th and 5th. Unless they get a couple of quality recruits in the run to the start of the Season I reckon they might miss.
I expect them to miss with Kerang and Tooly fighting it out for fifth. Besides all of their advantages they just don’t have the coin to be able to recruit well enough.

I expect them to miss with Kerang and Tooly fighting it out for fifth. Besides all of their advantages they just don’t have the coin to be able to recruit well enough.
Where's this idea from that Swan Hill of all club's don't have/enough coin?
They've got one of the strongest bases and good retention and have hardly needed to recruit. Unless they're like the vafa and then newcomers in Wade and Moloney chose swans for the love of it.
I could be wrong wrong, just don't believe it

Last edited:
They've got one of the strongest bases and good retention and have hardly needed to recruit. Unless they're like the vafa and then newcomers in Wade and Moloney chose swans for the love of it.

Moloney went to Swan Hill due to his friendship with Hugh Foot. Has been paid but well under what he could get else where

Wade was just good luck for them. It wasn’t as if they went out and bought him. From what you hear Moloney has literally knocked back offers of double of what he is getting. They have needed to and tried to recruit but just can’t afford it. Also look who most of their young players work for. That’s why they have managed to stay competitive and got away with not spending.
personally I see them having the same issues as Tyntynder have had very soon.

edit. Maloney and Wade aee actually the reason they are competitive

Last edited:
Moloney went to Swan Hill due to his friendship with Hugh Foot. Has been paid but well under what he could get else where
That's probably half due to tightness.
But if noelly has enough to blow on his trotters and swan hill businessmen on side I reckon they'd have a quid not a lot different to others. Not sure if it's arrogance or confidence, but I think they don't splurge because they believe they have a list capable

Wade was just good luck for them. It wasn’t as if they went out and bought him. From what you hear Moloney has literally knocked back offers of double of what he is getting.
Yep they've had a tendency over years to get new to towners.
And he's stayed. I do admire them for that, they have pretty good retention and a strong list

I don't think Swan Hill have ever being big spenders have they? They rely on what on what roota and haveuseentherain commented on above

QUOTE="Whispers86, post: 64380023, member: 193868"]
But if noelly has enough to blow on his trotters and swan hill businessmen on side I reckon they'd have a quid not a lot different to others. Not sure if it's arrogance or confidence, but I think they don't splurge because they believe they have a list capable
[/QUOTE]

I don't think Swan Hill have ever being big spenders have they? They rely on what on what roota and haveuseentherain commented on above

QUOTE="Whispers86, post: 64380023, member: 193868"]
[/QUOTE]
That's what I eluded too, look at the juniors they've consistently had come through and the amount of long multi year players they've retained giving a strong core group. Haven't had the need to go around splashing cash on 7-8 recruits each year. And seems newbies to town know joe blow at swan hill and lob there. They'll take whoever rocks up, otherwise looks like they recruit to top up.
Again, happy being wrong as it's just an opinion. I just presume, they'd be no worries financially as a club.
I'll watch with interest how they replace Heslop. Whether they splurge, or promote the policeman who played a few ones games but ended up in the 2s

Last edited:
That's what I eluded too, look at the juniors they've consistently had come through and the amount of long multi year players they've retained giving a strong core group. Haven't had the need to go around splashing cash on 7-8 recruits each year. And seems newbies to town know joe blow at swan hill and lob there. They'll take whoever rocks up, otherwise looks like they recruit to top up.
Again, happy being wrong as it's just an opinion. I just presume, they'd be no worries financially as a club.
I'll watch with interest how they replace Heslop. Whether they splurge, or promote the policeman who played a few ones games but ended up in the 2s
[/QUOTE]
Who was the Policeman that ended up in the Reserves?

Who was the Policeman that ended up in the Reserves?
[/QUOTE]
Sebastian Linssen. 3 games for 3 goals in the ones, then played 9 in the ressies kicking 32.
Think it was 3 in a row at the start then continued on in the 2s. Don't know if it's because he wanted to or because it conflicted with shifts etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back